1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

This team is in disarray

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by jeh1856, Oct 15, 2017.

1. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    A wise man stated "I have never seen this team in such disarray", in another post.

All things aside, and having been a faithful season ticket holder for 48 seasons, this is unfortunately disturbingly true.

Is it top management? Head coach? Players? I don't know. But it is what it is.

But, what it is, is better than what the fans of 31 other teams have. Which one of you is jumping to be a fan of of another team?

Freedom of speech, argue with the next guy, just complain, I agree with all of you. But, for just a moment, remember how lucky we have been to be Steelers fans.

Thank you all for participating in these discussions.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I’m gonna be a bengals fan.

Lol that was a bad joke. Seriously can bengals be removed from the nfl? Browns as well. What’s the purpose of having teams that never do anything. Are they just filler teams? I think I can guarantee I’ll never see Ohio win a Super Bowl lol. Just... awful excuses for a franchise. Like what are their goals each season?

Browns “let’s not get blown out each game!”

Bengals “let’s show everyone we can compete, but once the playoffs starts we need to exit quietly because we have other issues at hand”

Imagine waking up and looking in your closet and seeing a turd Jersey? Or a bright kitty jersey screaming “rawr I’m ferocious”
    Yea, that would be a nightmare. Imagine all the years vested in watching meaningless games because deep down you know you’ll never see a championship...ever. Imagine your head coach is tomlin, and smile because it’s not Marvin Lewis.

Yea..,life is pretty good being a fan of the black and gold.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Lol.

On a related note, I think the same about Harbaugh - he does all that analysis, sleeping in the office, ultimate competitor stuff... and the Ravens still suck.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I will never be a fan of any other team. Black and gold is all that I know

or care to know. But I agree JEH something is off and we better correct it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    No disagreement here.. at least not entirely.

When I was introduced to the Steelers back in 2005, my friend in Pittsburgh named Nathan always told me that the Steelers always personified Pittsburgh's three greatest qualities;

1.) Toughness

2.) Grit

3.) Family

If anything, what has happened lately? Not saying this is a New York Giants crisis here but there does seem to be some dysfunction within the locker room for certain.

AB's whining does not bother me as much but Haley's playcalling this season has; the Chicago game being the starting point. Add the "feast or famine" run defense this season and one contains a microcosm of issues on defense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    OP don't believe the crap the media is saying.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Great road win against the last undefeated team. What am I reading?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Frost33

Frost33 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Great win this week against one of the best teams in the AFC in their house. I honestly don't believe this team is in as much "disarray" as some media outlets would have us believe. Some fans need to just take a breath, relax and enjoy the fact that this team is going in the right direction, finally.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    I agree. I think people need to remember that their are a lot of media outlets competing for attention. "Everything is peachy" doesn't make for much of a headline. The media will take any little thing, and sometimes blow it out of proportion to create something to write about

10. blackNgold

blackNgold Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2014
    I just can’t figure out how we managed to get so many divas on the same team. For all they’re worth, they are also the problem. Ben (recently), Bell, Brown, Bryant.

The killer (literally) bees.

11. blackNgold

blackNgold Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2014
    But for real, it has to be coaching. There’s no shut up and listen attitude.

Example: Blount a few years ago.

Bitches, complains, gets cut and runs to NE. He all of a sudden shuts up and listens and gets a few Super Bowls.

12. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Todd head butted Brown with his helmet on things should be unscrambled now.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. mgsmooth

mgsmooth Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Things like keeping Porter on after his incident-the incident where he was intoxicated but all chargers were dismissed. This would have been a great example of what is tolerated or not in your organization-But we failed.

What type of professional leaders do you want coaching?

Kevin Greene made himself available at the time but instead reinstated Porter.

Porter should have been fired no matter who he was replaced by IMO.

Keeping him on and in the locker room showed every player that behaviors like that are ok. I know some will say he was never charged, but we all know why they were dismissed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Being born in the Burgh makes me bleed black and gold from day 1. I'm old enough to remember sitting on very uncomfortable benches in old Pitt stadium watching some bum named Jim Brown run all over us. Yes, boys and girls, the Browns did own us in the 60's.

I also remember that after a TD was scored the players just shook hands. Then spiking the ball came along and now they do things I'm not sure how to explain.

15. jrompola

jrompola Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    We follow the steelers the most obviously, but in today's social media world this is how most players are. Gaining followers for whatever tshirt/rap album/etc they are trying to peddle.

16. Sojourner

Sojourner Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2015
    If I ever decide to stop being part of Steeler Nation the NFL will be dead to me.