1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

This team hasn't improved at all from last year.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Brews Crew, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Brews Crew

Brews Crew Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    I know that we have injured players, we had them last year too but I see no improvement in this so far over last year. They still can't block. Still too many penalties. I think the guard has changed in the AFC North and it going to belong to the Bengals.

At this point, we are drafting in the top 5 but that won't matter because I still don't think Tomlin can judge talent.

2. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Jarvis Jones?

3. ThrowToHeath

ThrowToHeath Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Everyone already knew Jones was a great talent. It didn't take much to see that. Now..finding players of equal or more talent in the later rounds have eluded the Steelers for the past several years.

4. Brews Crew

Brews Crew Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    It's early so I'll hold judgment on Jones. I am looking at the overall team and they just don't have the horses or coaches and Haley is pathetic.

5. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Something is wrong with our front 3 D-linemen? They are not that stout? Do we need to call Casey?

I'm scared because even out rookie RB is going to need some good blocking, and he isn't going to get it?

I think both safties are a step slow this year. Troy and Clark might both be gone next year.

6. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    At this point, I'd tell Bell not to bother and put him on IR.

7. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    im afraid he is gonna be one of those players thats injury prone

8. HinesWardHOF

HinesWardHOF Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

IMPROVEMENT? watta you talkin about? IMPROVEMENT? are you kidding? IMPROVEMENT ? we are worse this year than last.. far worse and yes we miss wallace that opened the other receivers.. the D has no reason to play deep

HINES

9. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011

[​IMG]

Sorry. I can't help myself. :(

10. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Actually i think we've got worst.

11. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    without heath miller this offense is worth 50%less , the defense is old ,jones has potential but is a rookie learning , worild hood are busted picks and there you have the downgrading every year

12. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Eifert was more of a need than Jones. The NFL is all about offense and having multiple weapons. We're losing more weapons rather than gaining.

13. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I see 3 huge problems,#1 is Gilbert is terrible he has no bus on a NFL field ,once he is off our Team he will be out of the NFL...

#2 Ben can't throw guys open even when he connects he doesn't do it where the Receiver can keep running...

#3 We have no help at the TE position they can't run block or pass block either....

14. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    tomlin is setting the bar to low for my standards

15. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I think there should be much more heat on Haley than Tomlin right now. Haley acquired an explosive offence. He has turned it into one of the worst in the league.

16. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    :lolol:
    This is hilarious!!

17. Wreck

Wreck Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Our defense rocked it's socks off considering it had to handle 90 plays vs our offense running not even half of that.

Troy was beasting it out as best he could.

Now fix the offense and we'd be on a run.

18. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    The offense looks the worst I can ever recall seeing, just horrible. I tend to think you are right but we have no TE and no RB right now, I think things would look a lot better with Bell and Heath in there.

19. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    We haven't improved since Tomlin took over. Tomlin took over a championship caliber team and he maintained that quality for a little while. Then some players started leaving and the team slowly got worse. Then more players left and the team continued to get worse. Now the team is in disarray and Tomlin has no idea how to fix it.

Give Tomin a championship caliber team and he may very well win the Superbowl. Give him a rebuilding team and it will suck forever. The guy doesn't know what he's doing. It's time to make some changes. If it means we have to fire Haley first, then fine, lets do it. Fire him right now and then when we continue to suck, maybe the masses will realize Tomlin is the problem.

I've been saying for years now that Tomlin was not a good coach. Everyone bashed me, but I've seen this coming for a while now. A coach needs to be able to improve the team, Tomlin cannot do that.

20. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    No doubt Heath and Wallace leave a hole on our offence, but the Pats lost Gronk, Hernandez, Welker and Amendola. They are using a utility player in Edelman as their #1 WR and an UDFA in Thompkins as their #2 WR. While they're not lighting up score sheets right now, they are 2-0, and they played a very good defence in the Jets.

We have Brown, Sanders, Wheaton and Cotch. We have more than enough receivers to get the job done. We have problems that aren't going to be solved by Miller coming back

21. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Haley has created an offense with structure and a short passing game, to protect Ben at the wishes of the Rooney's. The problem is, Ben is not the type of QB to run this O. So, either we have an OC put in a game plan that our QB is not at his best, or we let him run around, get knocked around, while creating some crazy plays.

22. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    What is Bell going to do without running lanes, don't pin any high hopes on Bell? Heath will need two games to get the rust off, and if they start him too early he can easily get re-injured, they are looking for excuses when they say Heath will make this offense click, there's too many other leaks to think Heath is going to make this offense productive at a high level on his own, getting Heath back is a plus but don't expect him to be a miracle man, he will spend 90% of his playing time blocking, not scoring points.....

23. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    you sure are resting a lot of hope on Miller and a rb that has a total of 4 NFL carries.

i love Miller, but his return isnt going to turn this offense around and Bell MIGHT be good, but behind this line it wont matter.

this offense has no play makers. but atleast Haley and Tomlin are sticking with whats NOT working. theres no since in playing Wheaton or Moye. those guys might actually make a difference. heck we saw Moye make a difference last night and then i believe Haley took his helmet away from him so he couldnt play any more.

24. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    The Pats have looked awful, Bradey had one of his worst games ever because he had no one to throw to and they dropped everything. They are 2-0 but it's a lucky 2-0, Jets and Buffalo both had them.

It's not just Heaths catching abilities, he can block too, we'd look much better with him in there.

25. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    Not feeling too hopeful at this point as I can't see one player making that big of a difference, but I hope you're right.