1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

This team has too many GLARING problems

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 4EvrH8O'donnel, Dec 20, 2011.

1. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Go ahead and tell me that I'm some kind of terrible fan because the Steelers happen to lose to a better team and it just happens but

This Team has way too many problems. They are way too inconsistent. Timmons and Farrior cannot cover over the middle. Starks is getting schooled by players half his size. The swiss cheese offensive line can't hold a block for more than 2 seconds and the hard headed QB who says he would play at 5 % ability is allowed to do so without ever having the conscience to being pulled. It's 20-3 with 1:51 left in the game and he is still getting sacked right at the bum ankle. What Gives? He should have been pulled after the second INT, but in MT and BA's mind is it's his call.

Ben did not give us the best chance to win last night and that is blatantly clear. Why leave him in to get pummeled? BAtch and Dixon could have rotated snaps and the Niners would have been on their heels just a little bit. Instead it's Bombs away Ben and his Circus Clown Arians and just a ton of 4 and 5 man rushes bringing all kinds of pressure.

How many more times do we have to watch 3rd and 5's and the corners playing ten yards off the ball?

This team just isn't very good. I'm tired of tasting the koolaid. Right now it tastes sour.

Does anybody really believe this is a SB calibre team? Please convince me.

2. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    The players are not executing with focus and discipline.

3. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    At 10 and 4 the only problem we have right now is the Rams this weekend. Wow, Chicken little syndrome has run a muck on this board today.

4. Concussion

Concussion Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I am looking forward to the playoffs. We have a good chance again this year.

5. JD99

JD99 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    OMG!!!! THE SKY IS FALLING, THE SKY IS FALLING!!!! Cut Ben, Wallace and the entire defense immediately!!!! :shock:

6. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    The thing which bothered me the most, other than the horrible offensive gameplan we had, was the lack of focus from the team with such a large opportunity out there. Winning the next 2 only becomes important now if Baltimore losses in the final game. Otherwise you play the healthy guys to get them some minutes, esp. the young ones. Rest Ike. Rest Troy. Rest everyone you can. Get as healthy as you can and go for it on the road.

7. BLACKnGOLDsince72

Oct 16, 2011
    Yea, if some of these folks were your relatives and you slipped in to a coma they'd pull the plug on your ass after the 1st day :roflmao:

8. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    :frustrated:

And both of you are dilusional if you think this team is very good right now.

9. SteelerD

SteelerD Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    It is amazing to me that this team is 10-4 and was locked in to the playoffs with three games left in the regular season, but somehow they are terrible, have no heart or fire, and are coachedd by the worst staff in the NFL. Not to mention the fact that Goodell and all the refs are dead set against them.

C'mon Man

There are fans all over this country who have been waiting a LONG time for their team to even come close to the success of the Steelers. If you think this is a bad year for the Steelers you either are quite young or you have a problem with your memory. I understand that compared to some seasons in the recent past, this year has not been stellar, but I'll take it.

10. Concussion

Concussion Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    At least I can enjoy the delusion that a 10-4 team is very good. They only lost to teams with records that are the same or better than theirs. They beat everyone else. In two of those games, last night and first Ravens game, Roethlisberger was horrible. If he is healthy and doesn't turn the ball over (only 2 TD's with 8 int's in our loses, not to mention his fumbles), we can beat anyone.

I chose the positive delusion over the negative one anyday. It is mainly entertainment.

11. BLACKnGOLDsince72

Oct 16, 2011
    Oh no. Please don't confuse the issue by introducing the TRUTH here LOL!

12. Sixpack

Sixpack Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I have stated this point previous to this last loss and got the same response from people who predict we will win every game. The sad truth is that the Ravens may very well lose their last game, and I bet we lay another egg when it matters most. We need to upgrade some positions and we definitely need to upgrade the coaching staff...people have caught onto our schemes and we don't need an off coordinator who is more interested in being our qb's friend than winning ball games.

13. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    :amen:

They ARE very good at 10-4. Its simple math. Are they the best in the league? Absolutely not. But they can't be that EVERY year. Enjoy the ride and thank God everyday that you weren't born in Cleveland, Cincinnati, Detroit, Phoenix, or about a half dozen other NFL cities.

14. BLACKnGOLDsince72

Oct 16, 2011
    I'll save my whining until AFTER they've been eliminated from the playoffs. Until then 10 and 4 and playoff bound is fact not fantasy.

15. JD99

JD99 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Again, so nice to see some other folks around here that possess some common sense, unlike some here who believe that every year the Steelers will go 16-0 and win the Superbowl year in and year out or otherwise they are complete failures.

16. JD99

JD99 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Yep, my thoughts exactly! :thumbs_up:

17. JD99

JD99 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    :amen: :thumbs_up:

18. rutan74

rutan74 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    You're kidding, right?

The Steelers have played an absolute cupcake schedule. 10-4? They should be 12-2 if they were any good at all or should I say Super Bowl calibur. Their schedule has been soft and they should be beating these teams. Being 10-4 is not an indication of how good they are.

rutan

19. lostyank

lostyank Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2011
    :amen: As long as they get their big behinds in the playoffs and go from there. These ain't the Ravens who absolutely NEED home field to advance. A healthy, suspension-less Steelers are capable of anything. 4 regular season losses does not a season make. 1 playoff loss does.

20. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Then what are the Ravens? They have and easier schedule than the Steelers and have the same record. At least the Steelers have lost to GOOD teams, unlike Baltimore.

What about the Texans? They play Jaguars (4-10) twice like the Steelers play the 4-10 Browns twice. But they get the Manningless Colts one extra time over the Steelers, while the Steelers get the 8-6 Bengals twice instead of once like Houston.

Of the 10-4 teams in the AFC, only the Patriots have a more difficult schedule than the Steelers.

Your post is just flat out wrong.

21. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Is this team great? No, not with the inconsistency that it has shown this year. However, every AFC contender has issues. My concern is that we have been pretty mediocre on the road this year. I would be very comfortable with our chances to get to the SB if we can somehow slide into the home field spot, but that's not looking likely now. I think that we will enter the playoffs well under the radar, and see if we can catch fire.

22. BLACKnGOLDsince72

Oct 16, 2011
    I'll say again. Please don't bring TRUE FACTS in to the discussion. It only confuses the "Sky is falling" crowd :lolol:

23. Homestead____Works

Homestead____Works Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    This thread is getting lengthy, but, gotta add..., HA!

Our glaring weakness is 'health', or lack thereof.
    That, and a somewhat crappy O-line, especially when MarPo is out.
    Most of our O-line starters would be really, really, good back-ups, too bad that they're starters.

Ya like MarPo? My first silly, take-one-part-of-first-name-and-part-of-last-name-to-create-nickname, nickname.
    I don't know, maybe some yoot already made it up, and thought it was cool.

24. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Get two above average guards on this team and you will see alot of the other problems would not be exposed. Even the defense will be better because they will be able to run the ball and ground out time on the clock.