1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

This sums it up

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by JPP, Feb 6, 2017.

1. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    There can be no other spin than the Falcons choked beyond any other choke in football history. This loss should be tied to every one in that organization forever. They should be asked about it, should be reminded of it and should have to answer questions about it for the remainder of their life. It should define what they are and how they are viewed forever.

Forgiving, forgetting and just letting it go is why a loss like this happens. Because there is no accountability for it. You can not just rationalize this type of loss away and despite any and all success in your life or career, any and every person associated with this loss is forever a loser regardless of what they do.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/...uce-a-choke-job-for-the-ages-in-super-bowl-li

2. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I hope Atlanta never wins another game and moves to San Antonio to remove the stench.

YOU HAD ONE JOB!!!!

3. rocketdog

rocketdog Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2016
    Atlanta definitely blew this game for whatever reason. They will console themselves saying things like, "we have a young talented team", "we made it to the SB" and "we will get to the SB next year and win it", things like that. The only problem the chances of going back to the SB aren't very good because too many bad things can happen during the season to derail your chances. That is why when you come as close as Atlanta did you better close the deal because you might not make it back for another 20-25 years.

4. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    It really is amazing how New England just gets everything to break their way. Albeit, they suffered a hard luck loss in SB XLII. But they just manage to catch break after break. They even get the coin toss in OT.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    When the Pats closed to within 16, I told my son that the whole thing was scripted! You're right, Patriots get more breaks going their way more than any other team. I'm sure in MA they would call it "Divine intervention". Seems suspicious to me!

6. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Not to take anything away from them, BB and TB are the undisputed GOATS, and maybe it's sometimes that you are so good you make your own luck, but never have I ever seen a team have everything go their way as much as the Pats.

I've been thinking about it all day now, and I compare it to last years Bengals game. Right after Laundry threw the pick, we all kinda realized that it was over. 3 knees, a FG, and it was over. The only hope was maybe a miraculous KO return or hail mary....unless the improbable and unthinkable happened. I know I still look back at that in amazement and think what an incredible stroke of luck that Lewis would actually call a run play, Hill would fumble, and Burfict and Pac Man would melt down. It was a special kind of game that only happens once in a generation, when your team snatches victory from the jaws of defeat not of their own doing, but rather circumstances beyond their control that fall into their laps.

Well Pats fans have now had that happen THREE times in the last 15 years, twice in the last few minutes of the Super Bowl. Im talking about the Tuck Rule, the Seahawks ignoring the best RB in the league, and the Falcons inexplicably trying to pass the ball from the 22 instead of running 3 plays, kicking the FG and giving Brady no TOs and 3:00 to score twice.

These guys are good, but good fortune follows them around like I've never seen before.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    You forgot Edelman's catch, which one-ups Tyree's catch, if you ask me. And it had interception written all over it.

The only team I know that got these types of breaks repeatedly were the 70s Raiders. They like to whine about the Immaculate Reception, BUT...from the Sea of Hands to the Holy Roller and the Stabler roughing call, they had a lot break their way.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

They are some lucky sumbeeches, for sure.

• Like Like x 1
  9. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Although we share the same first name, I am not this guy. He's says EXACTLY what I said here