1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

This mock draft surprised me

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by JackAttack 5958, Jan 18, 2012.

1. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
  2. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
  3. SpeedyMikeWallace

SpeedyMikeWallace Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    TE? Really? When we have one of the best all-around TE's in the game already? When we need 2 starting level guards, youth at DT (if they're sticking with the 3-4) and MLB, and an aging and declining secondary?

I think some people post this stuff just so their comments section explodes.

4. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I don't see it happening with our needs at OL, MLB and NT.

5. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    WTF...this guy is a moron!

6. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    poe nt
    sanders left tackle
    barron safety
    kueckly burfict z.brown lb
    glenn og
    minnifield cb

one of these should be our first pick

7. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I could see it, and wouldn't mind it. Right around the time Heath would retire or take a pay cut, we'd be paying this guy his big second contract. We should be able to find a guard better than what we have in the 2nd. A big, athletic target like this guy would fill a niche that we don't have on our offense. Better choices are out there, especially since we may have a quality TE in Saunders, but this pick makes sense to me.

8. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Tight ends don't normally take long to adjust to the NFL game. In fact, they usually take absolutely no time at all. If we have no one in the pipeline when Heath retires, we can draft one then. In the meantime, a first round pick? That would mean that over the next 5 years or so we're either keeping a #1 on the bench or benching Heath. This for a team that already plays 2-3 tight ends but doesn't really use any of them. I'm with everyone else here. Not only is it bonkers, it will never happen.

Oh, and I love the guy's description of the pick for us: "Heath Miller's had a great run in Pittsburgh..." Wtf? Miller is totally healthy, has shown no signs of drop off, and is what, 30 years old? Just finished his 7th season at a position where he could play another 7.

9. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    If this guy is the next gronkowski or graham I would have no problem taking him

10. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I could see it happening if we get a new OC who knows how to use multiple TE sets to pressure the defense. However, unless he is a sure thing, I would go elsewhere in R1.

11. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    if we have to replace ward , we can pick a fast receiver te (since ward was a good blocker too) more than a wr . can solve the red zone problem