1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

This middle school dance is over!!!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by NE Missouri Steeler, Jan 14, 2018.

1. NE Missouri Steeler

NE Missouri Steeler Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2017
    It's hard for me to adjust to millennials. Thinking out loud on your cellular device. Doing your talking on social media instead of the field.

Mean Joe once said, my opponent already has a fire to win. I am not going to throw any gas on that fire.

All teams have disgruntled players. The good teams keep things in house, use your agent t communicate with front office, and use the other teams noise to prove them wrong. We aren't smart enough to dodge questions to create commentary.

The last 2 years is like supervising a middle school dance. Everyone on their phone talking crap and creating drama and it's nice once you finally get home to relax in your chair. That's how I feel now. The dance is over for awhile. At least we can only hope.

For review, last year, AB on Facebook while the coach is addressing the team. Ben saying things need to get tightened up, which he should've kept in house.
    Now this year.....Bryant venting on his social media. AB tossing coolers. The whole Chicago thing, staying in the tunnel and 78 walking out anyway. Art Rooney II tried to save face with his letter to Steeler Nation.

Our team does too much talking off the field. Keep it in house and on the field is where it's done. Gilbert or training staff not smart enough to keep him from being suspended. Our OC out on amateur night. Keeping Deebo in limbo. Everyone does their own thing without fear. Talk or tweets are cheap. That's what appears to be our standard.

Potential is like being given a short field. It's nothing unless you take advantage of it. I think all of us are tired of hearing about potential.

Someone needs to get this organization to grow up and be smarter with social media and also around the media who create distractions. It's their job for crying out loud. You can't blame them.

What really disappoints me is that this year was dedicated to Dan Rooney. EVERYTHING should be done with him in your mind. That obviously wasn't respected, or a failure to remind these guys. Very disappointing.
    This organization will win a championship when everyone decides to mature.

Take care all. Hopefully we can make 2018 our 7th to tie New England.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    New England is going for their sixth SB championship.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. NE Missouri Steeler

Jan 1, 2017
    I know. I was already crowning them. I own so much memorabilia with 6 rings. I also hate it BB passed Coach Noll and Bradshaw/Montana.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. NE Missouri Steeler

Jan 1, 2017
    What are you suppose to do with sarcasm? Type it in green??

5. mgsmooth

mgsmooth Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Two responses to the Mark Madden’s Tweet were:

1. Tomlin is runnin a barbershop not a locker room.

2. And This current team is the no ring Mafia....kinda fitting with Mitchell’s antics.

• Winner Winner x 2
  6. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Brady bortles keenum foles

7. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Nah, folks here ALWAYS recognize sarcasm.

8. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    This season was full of unneeded drama wasn't it?

• Agree Agree x 2