1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

This may end up putting us over the top

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelCityDynasty, Dec 15, 2011.

1. SteelCityDynasty

SteelCityDynasty Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Ever since I've heard Goodell's decision to suspend Harrison, I like any other Steelers fan was irate and just can't get a grip on why he and the league and officials are always trying to keep us down. But I really believe that there's light at the end of this dark tunnel. This I'm sure has lit a fire under a team that has been playing good football lately anyway. I saw Tomlin's response to the verdict and even though it sounded like he was explaining that James broke the "rules", I could tell by his voice and demeanor that he is highly hacked off! That brings me to my point: come February when we clutch that seventh Lombardi I hope Harrison will grab the mic and thank good ole Rog for lighting a fire in our boys! We can make it this week minus a few of our stars because alot of people are doubting us, big mistake! Buckle down Steelers and impose your will on the NFL for rest of the year! How do you like them apples Goodell? Go Steelers!

2. mongoose

mongoose Active Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I look alot on this site, but never respond however I hope your assessment concerning this situation is spot on. We could use a shot in the arm coming down the stretch.

3. 6 Timers

6 Timers Member

Dec 15, 2011
    I am in the same camp as mongoose, look but don't post, but I don't agree with your assessment.

I don't think we have been playing "good" football as of late and see this as another distraction.

I would love to see the Steelers elect Harrison honorary captain when Roger has to hand out the Lombardi. That would be almost as sweet as earning the 7th.

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Winning the SB would be twice as sweet, the thrill of seeing the Steelers win it all and the pleasure I would take seeing Goodell having to hand the trophy to them :yahoo:

5. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    OL' Rog will call in sick that day for sure :roflmao:

6. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I don't see this answering the questions the Steelers have this year.

The questions mostly had to do with possibly being too old at certain positions, average run defense, offensive line mash unit, and redzone scoring.

The defense hitting a little harder than usual because they are mad won't fix any of those things.

Only way I see we get that shot in the arm is if the offensive line starts getting a push and we can actually start A. running on teams and B. Scoring more efficiently.

7. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Would love to see James take the Lombardi from Good- for- nothing then push him off the podium . james would say " Give me that, now beat it!!"

8. Steeldefense08

Steeldefense08 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    When we make it to the SB, the Defense plays balls to the walls. Meaning not worrying about whats a legal or illegal hit.

9. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    hel he might call in sick for the year