1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

This is starting to piss me off

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelByDesign, Feb 20, 2012.

1. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Sounds like a who's going to call who first. Ben will just have to learn to live with it or leave. Which he would be nuts to do so but he has done some stupid things over the years so it would not surprise me at all. Grow up Haley and Big Ben.

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Everyone keeps acting like Ben is seeking out reporters and whining to them. He's asked questions and he answers them, what the heck do you want him to do? I know, I get it, Bens isn't exactly media savvy and could word things better but the point remains, he's being asked about these things. Next people will beat up Ben for how he laces up his cleats, getting freaking ridiculous around here.

3. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Maybe Ben could say "no comment, leave me alone, it's the offseason" Let Haley prepare for the combine and draft which is literally upon him. I'm sure that includes watching tons of tape on the Steelers existing players as well as potential draft picks. Let the man do his work already, and Ben needs to show his "leadership" and no comment some of these reporters.

4. Coke Oven

Coke Oven Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Haley oughtta bench Ben and let the Steelers have a losing season. Yeah, that'll teach Ole Ben and show him who's boss. Yeah.

5. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I think it's stupid keeps giving the media red meat to chew on and I think it's more stupid Tomlin hasn't made an introduction to the Captains either. Ben is the franchise QB, the offensive field general, I think he deserves a modicum of respect here.

6. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    You know what both of them are doing. Ben has made his comments and you know what they were. What did Haley say, nothing! You can just about guess what Haley is doing, preparing for the combine and the draft, and watching plenty of film, not to mention trying to get some of the stuff for the offense ready. So whats your story? I guess you haven't heard any of the things Ben has said. The only time Haley talked was at his introduction Press Conference. Lets just wait and see what else Ben has to say.

7. mort159

mort159 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Agreed! Ben keeps talking to the media about it, not Haley or any of the other players for that matter. I'm sure Haley is handling the situation the way Rooney and Tomlin want him to. If they came to Haley and said please meet with Ben ASAP, i'm sure he would have. I have heard the opinion on Sirius NFL Radio that this is the Rooney's doing and they are wanting to let Ben know who is in charge who is the employee. Another school of though is they are testing Ben to see how he reacts to this.Not sure if either are true or not, but If that is the case he is failing miserably, because the Rooney's hate all this stuff going public. I'm sure Tomlin does also. Again knowing this, its hard not to think that there is a reason they are doing this, because it can't be that hard for them to tell Haley to just meet with him.

I don't expect anything less from Ben. It's on par with how he has been since he has won his 1st super bowl. Obviously the media is trying to create something where there is nothing, but Ben keeps talking to them about it. Is he really that dumb or is he wanting to create drama? Also, if he wants to meet Haley so bad, get his ass to the facility and meet him, Antonio Brown did.

Ben shoud be worried about getting healthy and back into shape. He progressively has been getting heavier and heavier every year and it is not helping him stay healthy.

8. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Doesn't help the media keeps asking Ben the question. Ben might not even care one way or the other, he is just answering the question.

Who cares, the season technically hasn't even started yet. I think it officially starts in mid March. Right now everyone is on "vacation".

I think it would serve Haley better to break down all the Steeler tape first before he calls Ben in, then they need to sit down together and break down what they need to work on.

If Haley isn't ready to meet it he isn't ready to meet.

9. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Why couldn't Ben just say they haven't had a chance to meet yet instead of putting it in a way that would create discord and media attention with a negative spin.

I'm quite sure Haley has a lot to do reveiwing every game tape and offensive play and every players performance and getting ready for the combine/pro-days/ putting together their draft board and preparing for draftday along with meeting with all his asst. coaches and then all the players.

Ben needs to stay out of the media with his drama, wait his turn and focus on what he can do better in leading this team.

Cajun-

10. BigBen7

BigBen7 Active Member

Oct 22, 2011
    From Ed's chat today http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/inde ... ript-22112

:thumbs_up:

11. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I really got a wonder what Haley is thinking. I don't see how it's good for him not to seek out Ben.

Regardless of whether you think Ben is pouting or not. The simple fact is this:

If for some reason the Ben/Haley relationship becomes a disaster (not saying it is or will, just if), the guy that gets sent packing will NOT be the $100MM QB, it will be the OC.

Ben can get Haley fired, it won't work the other way around. It behooves Haley to develop a good working relationship with Ben, even to kiss his butt a little. And since Haley's needs the good relationship more, he needs to initiate contact.

12. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    This statement is delusional. The inmates don't run this asylum; it's the other way around.

13. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Hell that's what the last guy did and you see where that got him ;) Don't be so sure that IF things went south Ben wouldn't be sent packing. It was highly speculated that Art was very close to dumping Ben after the Georgia nightclub incident. Because of that fiasco I think it's reasonable to assume that Ben probably doesn't have anymore markers to call in with Art so if Ben' would become the real problem in this relationship I don't think he's as safe from being canned as HE may think he is.

14. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    ummm no,, Haley was brought in by Rooney's to straighten Ben out. You think they're going to let Ben take charge, it'll make the Rooney's look like fools. It'll be like Ben : " pffft you think Haley can straighten me out, nice try Rooney's , NEXT!!"

Doesn't work that way Ben is playing with fire if he thinks he running the ship. Ben is like the puppy that didn't get trained properly, now you have to work backwards to straighten this dog out. Break him down to the point where he begins to listen to you, then go from there. If he doesn't want to listen then send him back to the pound lol ( trade him)

15. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Rooney has shown a willingness to part with star players in the past. They have little patience when it comes to troublemakers. Ben has been the definition of a troublemaker so far in his career, and not just off the field. He has had on field and locker room issues as well. Rooney has publicly stated he shopped Ben around in the past because he grew tired of him. Don't think for a second that Rooney won't trade Ben if he gets tired of him again.

Rooney brought in Haley for a reason (there's no way in hell it was Tomlin's decision to bring in a former head coach with more of an alpha male personality than himself), he's not going to let Ben run him out of town. He wants Ben to change, he stated so already, and Haley is the guy he has put in charge of ensuring Ben does change. If it doesn't happen, I won't be shocked if Ben is traded.

16. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

When some of the very important inmates make 20 times what the OC makes, they may not exactly run the asylum, but they do have input that needs to be taken seriously.

But come on... If the Haley/Ben experiment fails. Ben stays, Haley goes. Period.

17. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    News many have waited for: Ben & #steelers new OC Todd Haley finally met, sat down and talked.
    -Ed Bouchette's twitter

ITS HAPPENED, HALLELUJAH, MAYBE THE PGH POST GAZETTE WILL STOP NOW!!

18. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Thank the stars, the soap opera is finally over.

[​IMG]

19. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    What is going to be the next "big deal"?

20. Kevin James

Kevin James Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2012
    Most of these posts' are humorous to say the least !! It is Haley's job to contact Ben, not the other way around. And to those who suggest Ben should deal with it or leave is ridiculous, ( betissb40 ) Ben took us to three superbowls, how many has Haley ever been too?

I see a lot of you complain about boring answers giving to the media but yet when someone answers honestly, you wish they would say "no comment". The media is just doing their job, if Haley would do his, this would be a non issue. Ben is not holding press conferences, they are seeking him out.Haley speaks to our 3rd string QB but not our franchise QB?

To those who think this will just blow over, guess again, even if they contact each other soon, the first sign of trouble, it will resurface and be a distraction all year. Ben just didn't mention people texting him over Haley's shortcomings but some praising Haley, Ben stated he will form his own opinion, nothing wrong there. He was just answering the media's questions with honesty. If Ben felt like this was his team then Arians would still be here, so don't even go there. It would take a 20 minute phone call to Ben, so don't give the excuse that Haley is settling in to Pittsburgh. I agree with Wreck, don't pretend you know what Haley 's schedule is ( Edog ).

It's funny how some want to blame the media here but yet in Ben's case, you call him a trouble maker for the media blowing up on him. He was never charged with a crime, he had a motorcycle accident, I don't think that is exactly being a trouble maker, pure hypocrisy.

I told you all when we first hired Haley, things like this would happen and it didn't take long at all and this won't be the last. They will not mesh well together, mark my words. I'm puzzled on how some of you would suggest keeping Haley and trading Ben, but I guess most of the things you people say puzzles me. C'MON MAN !!!

21. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Who hung up first?

22. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm gonna say this. When Tomlin said that Arians would be back and everyone on the board started talkling about yes he would be back and it was no way Arians would not be back, I came out with a statement that said, I don't believe it. Somebody show me where the Rooneys wanted Arians back. I was right, I said that he would not be resigned. How could they bring him back after he didn't listen to ART II's wishes. His time was up. I also said that the Rooneys wouldn't bring Ben in to talk about what Ben said at the Pro Bowl. Right again. Do you think that the Rooneys cared about what Ben was talking about? NO! Now Ben is still talking. I don't care what the media is asking him, he hasn't responded in the right manner. Apparently he hasn't learned his lesson yet. You see the Rooneys and Tomlin hired who they wanted as the new OC without any input from Ben. Tomlin stated when asked how much input Ben would have in hiring a new OC, he stated point blank NONE!

I think certain people better wake up. Ben may not be as comfortable as he thinks. If the proceedure that has taken place hasen't opened up his eyes yet, then he is in for a rude awakening. Shape up or ship out. The Rooneys are watching you!

23. BigBen7

BigBen7 Active Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Ben did talk to Mr Rooney....

Ben was a guest on WDVE’s Morning Show with Mike Prisuta.
    He talked about his meeting with Mr. Rooney, his new offensive coach Todd Haley, and the state of the Steelers offense.
    http://www.dve.com/player/?station=WDVE ... d=21821992

Mike Prisuta@DVEMike: Tune in to the Morning Show tomorrow to hear Big Ben discuss meeting with Art Rooney on Monday, the Haley hire and the state of the Steelers 10:52 PM - 14 Feb 12via Twitter for BlackBerry®

24. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    [/quote:1wkriv4i]

Thank you, that puts to rest the silly notion that a boss wouldn't want discuss and be on the same page as to how things are to operate with his employee.

25. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Yes by all means the guy who has just been put in charge of the entire offense should humble himself and go and seek out his one of the players he has been put in charge of and ask him if it is alright if he makes some changes. While he is at he maybe he should just quit as well because he knows the thing that will really make Ben happy is to have Arians back and so why not ask Ben if he would like him to quit as well. Maybe ask Ben if he wants to practice or even show up for camp. Maybe they should ask him if he wants to change the name of the team to the Pittsburgh Roethlisbergers while they are at it. Please sir can we have some more :praying: :praying: