1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

This is my guy at #17

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by SteelByDesign, Jan 3, 2013.

1. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Thank goodness!

2. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    from this draft we need : a rb ,olb ,ilb ,wr ,s, og ,te .
    by logic should be the best player available at these spot mixed with the depth at position on this year draft .
    so ...
    i don't think is a rb since we can find one later and there is no one clear number one
    safety is deep so we will we use a second or third
    ilb can be if we trade down
    og only if there is warmack but we will use a later rounds
    te we should use a fifth with stonebacker or lutznkerkinchen
    olb can be if there is one we like djon jordan damontre moore
    wr if there is allen
    if all this player are gone we should trade down and add more picks and draft minter or patton at the end of the first

3. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    let's try one option mock :
    1rd mike minter or ogletree
    2rd patton wr
    3rd rambo s
    4rd j.franklin rb
    5rd hugh tornton g
    6rd p lutzenkirken or stoneburner or williams (who ever is available) te
    7rd quentarious smith olb
    if in the process we are able to trade down i would take another s or cb
    between the comp pick and undrafted a couple of qbs

4. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    i love rambo and lutzenkirken. ogletree and minter are solid. i think i read patton had a reallybad week this week at senior bowl

5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    thats not bad freak but i think stoneburner could be had with pick 7 or the rd. 7 comp pick we get for gay. i do like that kid from rice mcdonald as a TE, but he would be a 5th or 6th most likely though.

stoneburner however could be that 5th wr as well as the 3rd TE.

of course i like paulson. i think heath takes that kid under his wing. as a matter of fact it seems to me he already has. i think heath will help him get stronger and block better by next year. you can almost see a little bit of heath in the kids game already. let's hope.

as far as your pick in the first, i don't think you could go wrong with either of those two picks. i think both are going to be good pro's. they seem like safe picks. let's face it we can't fix the whole thing in one draft. i could see some of the udfa's after this draft being as good as some of the 5th, 6th or 7th rounders. i expect we will see alot of them in here next season.:cool:

6. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    the more i watch film on mingo, minter, mongomery, the more i see reid making plays. i like elam but this guy can do alot of things well, and even run support. he's a centerfielder that can hit,cover and plays front to back and side to side making plays. he's just a playmaker. i'm not to sure he isn't first round worthy. he's stoudt too when he comes up into the line to support the run. lb'er like stoudt. his 40 at the combine could move him up or down but he has football speed that shows everywhere on film. a guy we would have to consider. he'd just make your whole defense better.

one more guy i've kind of overlooked is kiko alonso. he's active, plays fast and is stoudter then i first thought. he looks quick in diagnosing plays. he's also got some hidden football speed. better then i first thought, that's for sure.

while i'm at it, let me throw one more guy out there. a.j. klien. he's active against the run but also very smart and good in pass coverage. deceptive speed for his size, and not alot of wasted steps in figuring out where to be to make the play.

a few guys we need to really consider. :cool:

7. rmorphy

rmorphy Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    I would rather take Dion Jordan. That guy looks like the next LT, only bigger. Ansah I think needs A LOT of coaching and I'm not sure if the Steelers Staff can do it, honestly.

8. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    if mingo is there , i'd think we would have to snatch him. he's explosive off the edge but holds his ground well against the big guys.:cool:

9. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I hope not.. Mingo scares the daylights out of me..

10. numbah58

Oct 16, 2011
    Did you watch him rush the passer in the Senior Bowl? One thing comes to mind.. The clip of Bill Cowher saying to Greg Lloyd, "rush the QB". Ziggy Ansah can do that..

11. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i see one of the fastest guys i've ever seen explode off the snap. granted that's one move, but that one move is hard to keep up with all game long. he's strong too. they don't move him at the point of attack. butler will want to teach him to be a complete LB and most likely ruin him. taking 3 seasons to hit the field another 2-3 to refine his game on the field, while his salary balloons to where we can't afford him anyway because we have paid to much to a select few around him and extended them until they are 60. oops. sorry, i was on a roll there. :lolol::cool:

12. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    i have 3 options before the combine at 17 (if we stay put) .
    djon jordan
    warmack
    b.mingo

13. numbah58

Oct 16, 2011
    If Ansah is there at 17.. he's my guy.

14. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I know it sounds alittle out there but i think philip lutzenkirken could be steal of the draft. as a bama fan i hate to say it but this kid can play. the catches great he can block. he has even run the ball some. a real good player from, and i cant believe i am saying this, auburn

15. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Sorry numbah, I've give up on the Ansah bandwagon. He's probably already top 12 now, and after the combine I think he'll be discussed as top 5.

16. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    roethlisberger to lutzenkirchen ...sounds good

17. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    dear God that's every letter in the alphabet. LOL:lolol::cool:

18. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I can hear Phil Simms already. :facepalm:

19. numbah58

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm still holding out hope SBD.. My hope that he twists an ankle just prior to the combine.. I just think that he has every attribute needed to become a perennial All-Pro..

20. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Haha, I'm not sure even that would help.

I would love to have him because I think Leabeau could do with Ansah, what he did with Polamalu. Lebeau saw Troy's unique skillset and made him really a hybrid S and LB.

Ziggy is the only guy I've ever seen that I think has the size/speed combo to play either DE or OLB in our 3-4 scheme. He would either be a phenomenally quick and athletic DE, or a very big/strong OLB.

I would play him at OLB just because he'd be an asset in pass coverage, but I could see some scary passing down packages with Ansah at DE with Worilds/Carter lined up behind him at LB.