1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

This is getting old and boring

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Bradydaphonedestroyer, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Bradydaphonedestroyer Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2017
    Every yr it's patriots patriots patriots ,nobody can stand up to them,every other team folds like a lawn chair vs these guys..it's getting boring, same results every yr pats going to the sb...

NFL is losing viewers not because of anthems but because of lopsided match ups and pats win it all in the end ....BS..

ATL goes up 28-6 in sb ONLY to score 0 in 2nd half ,or 7 points or whatever ...wtf...they could not stop pats on 4th downs ,they could not stop the pats on 2 PT try...wtf..

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
  2. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    They seem to have fixed their defense for now.

As long as the Bills and Dolphins stay in the playoff hunt.

Which right now they are, could play the Patriots hard. Out of their last six games they got The phins twice, bills twice, and they play us, and finish with the Jets.

3. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Brady/Patriots are good in the red zone. Steelers are not. Patriots deserve praise for consistently scoring TDs in the red zone. This is the difference between the two teams. Patriots can score a TD in the red zone at least 50% of the time... whether it's Brady throwing to a TE or WR or letting a RB run it in. Steelers are lucky to score a TD once in every 5 trips. :facepalm:

4. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Could we please put to rest the NFL is losing viewers bs? The nfl isn’t losing viewers because of the pats or anthem crap. People are cutting the cord and watching Netflix, Hulu, streaming games etc and the networks are using an antiquated system to determine who is watching what. The neilson ratings system will soon go the way of the dodo bird.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    The roughing the passer call against Brady which negated the Int yesterday was weak. He is their golden child and is treated as such. Get used to the Pats in the AFCCG every year. It's what Gooddell and Kraft want.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Jan 16, 2017
    I used to watch it every wk..now I am just like give the sb to pats already

7. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    You need to find another conspiracy theory.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Jan 16, 2017
    I am not saying anything about conspiracy, but this is just weak...nobody can even come close to beating these guys, gimme a break nfl...they lose their whole dedense and gronk yet they end up in sb and have that miracle comeback vs atl...wtf

9. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Jan 16, 2017
    GIANTS used to be good, broncos used to be good, ravens used to be good, and steelers are always in the mix...but now it just comes down to playing afc title game in NE every yr...smh...for once in my life I wanna see afc title game somewhere else..

10. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I thought about having a drinking game last night where everyone took a shot anytime the announcers said "Superbowl", but it probably would have only lasted 15 minutes or so.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

This post is what is considered "End Thread" material. Well done! :applaud:

Josh McDaniels knows how to properly place his players in winnable situations whereas Todd Haley takes the most obvious form of success when getting into the endzone, over analyzes it and constitutes his decisions by calling plays predicated on two major weaknesses;

1.) The execution sucks.

And/Or

2.) The personnel matchups suck.

All you need to know. Until Haley and Ben can have success in the endzone, this will be Pittsburgh's Achilles Heel against New England. Every possession counts when playing them as second chances are so few and far in between.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    IDK, it seems that Crybrady just has our #.

13. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Ironically there are NHL fans (mainly Cap fans) ragging on the Pens in this same manner. Used to be MLB fans ragging on the Yankees back in their heyday. As some great philosopher once said "The standard is the standard!" Unfortunately the Pats ARE the standard in the NFL and the Steelers with 2 Head coaches and multiple assistants have never succeeded when they've faced a Brandy/Bill NE in the playoffs.

14. Sojourner

Sojourner Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2015
    Much as I hate them the Pats are a disciplined, well coached team with arguably the best QB in football ball right now - and I hate to have to say that. They have a system that can can take no name players from the draft and other teams, integrate them into it and get good execution.
    The coaches not only game plan well and make adjustments on the fly as needed they coach the players they have very well too. That's why they win. Other teams in the league that haven't stepped up their game by trying to emulate some of what the Pats do are to blame, not the Pats.

The fact that they're so dang good makes all of the cheating they've done even worse. Then again -if they hadn't been cheating would they have won as much as they did in the past? I don't know but the fact that they're still winning kind of makes the question irrelevant.

If we/The Steelers want to consistently win games against them we need our coaches to get this team a LOT more disciplined and do a hell of a lot better at game planning and making adjustments. We win with talent and heart now but if we got all of our ducks in a row we would be unstoppable.

15. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    People are tired of the spurs winning, pens winning, cardinals/giants/whoever has been doing well in the mlb last 15 years etc.

People are also tired of steelers being playoff contenders year after year.

Winning brings hate

16. Steelers89

Steelers89 Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Two years ago the Pens were a dumpster fire under Johnston. Let's not act as if they've been some juggernaut since 09.

17. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    In 9 years they made the cup 4 times winning 3 while making the playoffs the other times. That’s successful in my book. Only blackhawks can compare

18. Steelers89

Steelers89 Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Yeah but two years ago they were hated in Pittsburgh. Fans wanted blood. Obviously hiring Sullivan changed everything.

19. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Funny what a great coach can do lol

20. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The Packers under Curly Lambeau won 6 championships from 1929-1944 and another 5 titles under Lombardi 1961-1967. The Pats success since 2001 mirrors those teams.

There wasn't much media around then to whip folks into a frenzy so I wonder how fans viewed dominance back then or if anyone outside of Wisconsin cared much at all.