1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

This is depressing

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Oct 3, 2021.

1. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    At this rate they could make the Pirates look good:)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    They are making money. Same reason the NFL owners keep Goodell around. He makes them money.

3. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    You can't judge a draft for 2-3 years. Najee is a good back, Freiermuth can catch but can't block yet because he has smaller arms than I do, no idea on the two linemen, who are off to a rough start. Expecting instant impact from multiple draft picks is unrealistic.

I did like the FA signings and trades, including Turner.

Comes down to Ben. Any hope he could return to early 2020 form has been dashed.

4. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    GB had plenty of injuries and accumulated more during the game. If making it through a season injury-free is a requirement to success, especially with so many old vets, you're in for a big disappointment.

5. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    They were too busy calling everyone who did "haters" and bad fans.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Pirates are never going to look good until they have a change in ownership.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I have the same issue as everyone else. I can handle being bad or losing IF there are attempts to improve or adjust. This looks exactly like last year to me. I just can't do it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Yep, we might as well be trying to improve for the future but instead are just treading water and are about to go under for the last time.

9. Remahlehs

Remahlehs Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2018
    While I'm rooting for the Steelers to win every game, this organization has needed a punch in the mouth for a while.

Their air of superiority reminds me of Globo Gym from dodgeball:

[​IMG]

A professional sports team believing they can win games on talent alone is absurd. There is no shame in gameplanning and making adjustments on a weekly basis.

If it takes a bad season or two to realize that, then so be it. The franchise will be in a better spot moving forward because of it.

10. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    They bought into the 11-0 start and ignored the 1-5 finish. This is the same team that finished poorly last year, with the hardest schedule in the league.

At some point they'll blame injuries, as if making it through a season without them is a reasonable expectation.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    Yep. 2-8 over the last 10 games. With losses to both Ohio teams, not once but TWICE each.

This Tomlin coached squad has turned into an abortion.

12. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    2 Sacks.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Freiermuth is a better blocker than you give him credit for, but he does have to get stronger.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    And a trip

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  15. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Injuries are going to happen, but the defense was decimated for two weeks. I still don't think either outside linebacker is close to 100 percent. Also, we did know that depth was an issue with this team and it is showing up so far this season. The Steelers' strength is in the front seven and five of those guys have either been out or hobbled the last three weeks. Not many teams will hold up through that.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    depressing, but expected.

low expectations for me this year, so not as miserable, as say, 2017 or 2018.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    it's all on ROONEY, as far as I am concerned.

better things now for sure to do on Sundays....naps, golf, etc...

18. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Since I didn't get to see the entire first qtr due to NFL, CBS, and Direct TV's contracts I missed the best of Big Ben I guess. What I did witness was extremely uninspired play from both the offense and the defense.

The ST's blocked FG that was called back on the phantom offsides call was the most exciting play of the game for Steelers fans but was all for not.

The game management is downright atrocious and the HC seems to bear no responsibility for this organizational dumpster fire.

Drastic changes are needed if they are to turn this ship around.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    Problem is the Steelers can't compensate for D injuries by trying to get into shootouts with the popgun offense.

20. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I don't get why so many are surprised by this. The OL was a big question mark during the offseason and preseason. Roethlisberger didn't show much improvement during the 3rd preseason game and is a shell of his former self. Our starters on secondary are adequate, but the backups are vulnerable to competent QBs like Carr, Burrow and Rodgers.

Add to that... Watt is not 100% due to little work during offseason, camp, etc. Fitzpatrick has never returned to his 2019 glory. Tuitt is out indefinitely. Alualu is out forever. WRs are overrated. Steelers are not using their best weapons consistently... Friermuth and Claypool. Too much inconsistency on the OL... again no surprises here.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. JoshAllen

JoshAllen Member

Dec 21, 2020
    I'm still scratching my head about the Steelers beating the Bills on opening day. It gets more confusing every week...

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Our defense was very healthy for that game and then the injuries started piling up.

23. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Exactly. The defense really was that good with a healthy front seven. It also helped that the Bills didn't even try to run most of that game, so the Steelers were free to go with only two defensive linemen.

Watt and Highsmith have either been hobbled or out most of the time since then. Bush missed one game and just seems to be getting back up to speed. They also had Alualu and Heyward creating push up the middle, so the pass rush was effective with four. I'm not sure we are ever going to see something like that this season, not unless Tuitt comes back and is somewhere near his level of play from last season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
  25. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I drank a couple of beers, had a good dinner, and watched a Steelers game yesterday. All in all, a very good day.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1