1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

This defense is garbage today!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Brews Crew, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Brews Crew

Brews Crew Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Good thing the Browns passed on Wentz because I would hate to see the Steelers have to face him twice a year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Also getting hurt today, hope the injuries are minor

3. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I have not been happy with the defense played this year. No pressure...no blitzes. Yet this week I read 2 or 3 articles proclaiming the Steelers D is showing how good it is....that the Steel Curtain is back.

This was the worst performance I have ever seen from a Steeler defense. They did nothing to confuse the rookie QB...they just lined up with a beat the man in front of you mentality...and got whooped all day.

Moats was getting abused today...the next block he gets off of will be the first.

We may have seen a little glimpse into life without Timmons today.

William Gay went back to the William Gay that has driven me crazy for years. I would love to put this all on him...but this was an egg of EPIC PROPORTIONS.....Mel Blount and Rod Woodson would not have helped this defense today.

This was an embarrassment. Next week will be gut check time. DO they come out still shell shocked...which to a man looks like they are this week....The dull dead look in their eyes.....or do they man up and get back to work.

Looking forward to Bell...and cant wait to see L Green in the back half.....Steelers are going to need them both....they may need to score 30 a week

HACK

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. pastorbob

pastorbob Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    If the refs called the holding the eagles committed all game long it could be a different game instead or the one where you could rightfully say the steelers never showed up. I put more blame on the offensive offence.