1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

This coaching staff is killing us

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by shaner82, Sep 12, 2019.

1. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    What does his playoff record show us then?

• Like Like x 1
  2. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Some of us just have realistic expectations. Pretty good is good enough to be competitive, make the playoffs, and win a championship. The Steelers record has only been 2nd to NE since Tomlin became the HC. Sometimes greater teams come a long. We have to be ok with it because it's out of our control. Constantly complaining about things isn't going to change a thing. It's more enjoyable for me to focus on the positives of sports.

Some people have unrealistic expectations and apparently like to be miserable and complain about every thing. I refuse to fall into that category. I refuse to simply focus on the negatives. If that's how you want to live your life in regard to this team. Carry on being unhappy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    I am glad I don't have your outlook.

4. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    "We'll own it, we'll accept it, we'll chew on it, we'll diaper it, we'll feed it, we'll put it to bed, we'll take it fishing..."

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  5. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    So are the Rooney’s

• Like Like x 1
  6. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Fishing? Now you’re talking. I love fishing....

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Care to point out some positives from Sunday night?, or last season for that matter?
    I can't help it, I was raised by wolves.:unsure:

8. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Something to chew on and immediately spit out and run for the old toothbrush.....

We have 7- 1st round picks....2-2nd round picks....2-3rd round picks starting on defense...

Yeah I can easily see how someone can defend this coaching staff...

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I always assumed Randy was a semi-pro Bass fisherman...

[​IMG]

10. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    honestly they need to get rid of all 3 coaches lol

bug eye
    dadgum
    randy orton

11. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I don’t know about that. I heard he’s easily “frustrated “ In fact last time he and Butler went fishing they couldn’t get them dadgum Crappie to bite....

• Like Like x 1
  12. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Woooooo!!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    At least they took Switz with them.

[​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    It was a bad game. It happens. Wasn't the first time and won't be the last time.

I don't believe the team is as bad as they showed.

There were positives from last season. The team wasn't good enough to make the playoffs. It happens. Anyway it's time to move on from what happened last season. Can't change a thing about it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Some people just like to wear their B and G glasses over their B and G contacts. To each their own. I root for championships. Call me spoiled....

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    You've been duped.;+)

17. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I don't think we have seen randys full view of the offense until #7 retires. I think his hands are tied to an extent. Ben is going nowhere until he wants to. The owners won't take the franchise guy away at this point and shouldnt. Colbert the same. MT also has his orders from above. I believe all are ready to walk when Ben does or shortly after, unless mason puts a new fire under them at that time. I hope Randy is getting the kid ready and just bidding his time with Ben until that day. I think this is a pre fare well tour for ben. After next year we may see them all run for the hills. I hope Randy stays with mason. Colbert and M T may wait to see how it turns out that first year. if it makes them look good at that point they will hang around. JMO.:cool:

18. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I’m pretty sure Fichtner only got the job because of his relationship with Ben and the fact he was already on staff. I don’t see him lasting beyond Bens years or Tomlin for that matter. It’s not like our coordinators are a hot commodity. They will be unemployed when this run ends. Slim chance Butler gets a gig as strictly a LB coach somewhere but doubtful. Fichtner won’t get a job except back to a QB coach, if that.
    As far as prepping Mason? As far as I know he still doesn’t have a QB coach besides the one he hired in the off season. Ben always had one. Why not for Mason? Maybe we can start a GoFundMe campaign for Mason. Before anyone can say maybe Fichtner is doing both. Well if he is ,he needs to concentrate on his OC duties or maybe he’s still just the QB coach after all....

19. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Fichtner is the QB coach still

20. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Ok. All these years we had both. Why not give Mason a guy he can work more closely with, fine tuning his game?
    You can’t tell me he gets the same kind of attention he would get from having a dedicated QB coach. To me that’s not fair to his development. They also had LJ to help out. Mason has no veteran to lean on. Do they need a handout. Wouldn’t it be wise to have MR as prepared as well as he possibly could be should something happen to Ben? Not attacking you...just saying :shrug:

21. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Randy still is and assisted by Stewart for the second year in a row. No coach is going to change Ben at this point. We can only hope Randy and Blaine are working on our next two until that time. Why would you change our new and coach at that time? That would be counter productive. :cool:

22. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Who am I talking about changing? I’m confused more than usual and that’s saying something. Blaine Stewart is not a QB coach or qualified to be one. My point is why don’t we have a dedicated QB coach to help in Masons development ?

23. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    yes he is. He did this last year, this year and at florida. He is didn't need assistant qb coach. Do you really think either one will change Ben at this point? Not going to happen. I hope they are working on rudolph and Hodges at this point. There is not a coach alive that will change of fix Ben now. Ben will stay as long as he wants and the owner will see to it. The rest are along for the ride. We can blame everybody else but the facts are the facts. Think back to Todd Haley year one. He tried to change Ben only to have ben calling things from BAs lingo. The off season they say down and out in what Ben wanted. The names have changed but the franchise is going to get what he wants until the end. We have to deal with it.:cool:

24. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Your missing my point. I’m not talking about changing Ben . Curious as to where I said that. I’m talking about maximizing MRs development with a dedicated, qualified QB coach

25. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    The more he talks, the more he sounds like he should be on a fishing boat.

No offense meant to fishermen, or fish.