1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Things I learned from this board

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by METALMAN_68, Jan 10, 2023.

1. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    My one year anniversary as a member here has come and gone without so much as a congrats. You guys have broken my heart. Moving forward with this "look at me" post (it's the off-season. You'll get over it), here's what I learned from members of this board:

1. @SteelerGlenn keeping posts where they should be. Fitting because I broke that rule now. Some people will never learn....

2. @jeh1856 really is that crusty curmudgeon he comes across like. He's that guy you sit on the porch and drink beer with, maybe he'll tell you some stories.

3. This place is run pretty darn well thanks to a good set of mods who more or less let the board govern themselves unless they need to step in. @Blast Furnace @Steel_Elvis @Ray D @TerribleTowelFlying and the other admins we don't see as much on here.

4. Who doesn't love food? Thanks to @mac daddyo , plenty of kick a$$ meal ideas to go around.

5. Some dudes are pretty serious around here. Cats like @steelersrule6 and @strummerfan are gonna call you out for saying dumb sh!t, but they know their stuff. Leave the levity to me, guys.

5. @Formerscribe is one of those rare dudes who can make you mad but also learn ya something all in one post. He's gonna make you want to check your grammar. And then check it again.

6. Here we have the alpha dog @KnoxVegasSteel . Sh!t can go pretty sideways with him quickly. He might be a little imbalanced and probably spends too much time plotting how to beat up the internet but I'm guessing he's the guy you want on your side in a bar fight.

7. There are guys who straight up drop knowledge here. @bleednblackngold with his weekly game break down. @Karl with his unique insight into these organizations. This board has a quality core of knowledgeable members who contribute like @Animus @JackAttack 5958 @TuRnDoWnForWaTT @Lizard72 @Wolfepack88 @Ender @Rel @The Sodfather @steel machine . Of course my old Steeler homie @CK 13 . Proof you can meet cool a$$ people on Steeler message boards.

8. No one knows what the hell @forgotten1 is saying most of the time. And I dig it.

9. @santeesteel probably lives in a better place than you. Maybe not @jeh1856 but me for sure. We get it, you don't have snow where you live.

10. We have trolls. You know who they are. They know who they are.

11. This one goes to 11! @S.T.D is like my kin. Took about a month to figure out his wacky f**king posting style but he's a one of a kind fo sho. Beers and music on the porch with @jeh1856 complaining it's too loud.

Just a little departure and a little fun. It's been cool coming here nearly every day for the last year. Some of yinz seem like some pretty good eggs and thanks for the entertainment.

• Like x 19
    • Winner x 8
    • Agree x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Informative x 1
  2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Thats a hell of a post :applaud:

Cheers Metalman :drinks:

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
  3. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Post of the year! (but it is only January 10th ;):lolol:)

In all seriousness, great post and I think you characterized the members pretty well. At the end of the day in spite of our energetic disagreements and debates, we’re all Steeler fans. (Well, most of us anyway)

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Happy Anniversary! Your card is in the mail. Actually, there is no card, but here’s a virtual beer. :drinks:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    We don't mark anniversaries but you get the official membership swag bag when you break 8K posts then at 10k it's time for the jacket. It's used but the smell grows on you.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  6. METALMAN_68

Jan 4, 2022
    I'll take it!

• Like Like x 2
  7. METALMAN_68

Jan 4, 2022
    If that post count included every time I typed something out then deleted it, I would almost be there!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Ain't that the truth. We had a member who was a man of his word and the whole kneeling issue was a breaking point for him and he walked away. He had a post count that was almost impossible to believe but he took part in every discussion responded to people responding to him, was active ×100 in the game day thread and was a big part of the community. Miss the little guy.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  9. METALMAN_68

Jan 4, 2022
    Yeah, sometimes it can be difficult to look past those kinds of differences for some people. At the end of the day though, it's still social media and people can get judged pretty harshly for their opinions. Right, wrong or indifferent.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    This post made me look at my own "In service date"

<--------- Nov 30, 2011 :eek: Time flies

• Like Like x 5
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  11. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    He hasn’t missed much since then.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Great Post......What's wrong with My posting style. LoL :shrug:
    My favorite was...all of them, but number 8....nails it. LoL

• Like Like x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  13. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    BFT was (and is) a good dude. I miss him too. That’s why I think it’s important to keep the board free of politics. Most of us come here to get away from that garbage and the emphasis here needs to be on our Steelers fandom and not our political persuasion. Of course the NFL contributed to some of that political sewage. I took a 2 year hiatus myself when that crap reared it’s ugly head on this board and BFT (and possibly others) left for good. Sad.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Well at least SDOT is still around after his boycott. Can’t win them all

• Hilarious Hilarious x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 10
    • Like Like x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  16. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Wrong section bro

• Hilarious Hilarious x 11
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. METALMAN_68

Jan 4, 2022
    I get it! I forgot to put you in my post. How could I forget to mention those in my post?

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  18. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I miss CoastalSteeler. He was a good dude.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Seriously though this is an awesome post. Glad you’re here.

Side note: I got tickets to the Metallica no repeat weekend in St. Louis. I know you like your Metal a little heavier, but it should be a good show.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  20. METALMAN_68

Jan 4, 2022
    I do like my metal on the heavier side but I do like old Metallica and one good thing about them live is that they play the older stuff. Plus, they have Trujillo to counteract Lars so there's that.

• Winner Winner x 1
  21. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Saw them in '97 @ USAir Arena. Amazing that's been 26 years.

• Like Like x 3
  22. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Saw them early 86 opening for Ozzy. Pretty awesome show.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I've seen them Live 3 times. They have killed it every time. Although I haven't seen them since the Justice tour....

• Like Like x 3
  24. METALMAN_68

Jan 4, 2022
    That era of Ozzy was bad a$$ as well!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    St. Louis has a local Rock station that’s been around for 55 years. KSHE 95
    They have a show called Monday Night Metal. They play some bad ass Metal. It’s worth checking out.

• Like Like x 2