1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

They won the battle, we'll win the war!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelCityDynasty, Nov 7, 2011.

1. SteelCityDynasty

SteelCityDynasty Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Last night's game stings a little yes, but the one thing lacking that would have sealed the Raven's fate was Woodley being out. James Harrison brought it but had Woodley been out there the pressure from the Steelers rush would have kept Flacco and company out of the end zone on that last drive. Yeah our secondary struggles at times and don't get me started on the rodeo clowns, I mean refs, but just that added pressure that was missing would have easily taken 10 or more of the Raven's points off the board. I'm highly confident moving forward that we'll see these birds again come playoff time whether it be our house or theirs and if memory serves me correct we are 2-0 when these bloodbaths really matter! That's what the Ravens need to keep in the back of their minds. I liken James Harrison to the terminator when he says "Come with me if you want to live", lol! The Stairway to Seven is alive and well, go Steelers!

2. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Maybe the only positive I see coming from this game is the fact they were blitzing James from the left-side alot.I think that once Woodley comes back they should mix it up and make them interchangeable ,because they both have different syles of pass rushing and one guy's strength may match-up better against the OL from the other team. Especially in division games where they go head to head so many times against the man oppposite them the OL has a good feel for his pass rush moves and now he would have to deal with something different. Thoughts?

3. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I'd love to say that they'll be this year's version of the 2005 Bengals.

But right now, I just don't have it in me. I'm still in the "licking my wounds" stage.