1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

THEY DID IT!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 12to88, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Good read about him going up against DeCastro.. I missed when they picked him, I took my dog out when KC was up..Pitts was 10 spots back so i figured I had some time..when I came back Pitts was off the board,,then I knew we got our guy :thumbs_up:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/re ... story.html

2. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
  3. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    It was a great move by the Steelers. We just abused the Washington Redskins by trading down with them to get
    NT ALAMEDA TA’AMU at the right time, the 4th round. The Skins in turn did something very stupid with the trade by drafting a QB, Kirk Cousins from Michigan after drafting RG III, and needing o-lineman. That organization is just stupid, no other word for it.

Guess what, ALAMEDA maybe an All Pro NT for years to come, Kirk Cousins, maybe a servicable backup.

GREAT MOVE STEELERS BRAIN TRUST!!!!!

LOL AT THE REDSKINS!!!!!!

4. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm going to have to disagree with you big time Da Steelers. I don't know what you have seen or heard about Alameda but, I believe he will start sometime during the year. I see him at least in the beginning splitting time with McLendon. I believe he will get coached up by Coach Mitchell and will eventually be an All Pro. I think he's that good. Check this out, in his enterview he spoke on Troy Polamalu and how much he respects him. For they are of the same nationality. They asked him: Are you more excited to meet Hampton or
    Troy Polamalu?

Troy, because he represents a lot of the Polynesians out here on the West Coast, and the Samoans out here. To be able to play next to Troy Polamalu, I’ve heard a lot of stories from my coaches that have coached him, and they say that he’s the best football player overall that they’ve ever played with because he knows the game. The way he’s out there representing Samoans and his people, I will be honored just to meet Polamalu.

He willl be a high character guy who will represent even more because of Troy. This dude is gonna do major work! We will become dominant in the run game because of him, this year!

5. 322 Steeler Fan

322 Steeler Fan Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I think this draft was very good because they seemed to combine the best player available with drafting a need; the first and fourth round picks especially. I thought the team needed a top guard and capable d-lineman.

6. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Decastro owned this man? Would have been better to get Chapman.

7. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Alot ofp eople point to that game as a big negative for Ta'Amu. Decastro is the best Guard in this draft and could be one of the best Guards in the NFL soon. I don't think we should kill Ta'Amu yet over one guy. How many Pac-12 DTs are out there that Decastro made look foolish?

As for Chapman, everyone liked him as a NT. I can guarantee that the fact Hampton will most likely start on the PUP list is the reason we took Ta'Amu. We need someone from Day 1. Chapman is also coming off ACL surgery. He will not be ready to go this year. Chapman will be a solid NT for the Colts, but I believe Ta'Amu will be equally strong against the run and can do a much better job at collapsing the pocket.

8. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I did not see the Stanford game, so I cannot comment directly on the battle between Ta-Amu and DeCastro. However, DeCastro is a pro-ready guard. He's probably more pro-ready than 1/2 of the starting guards in the NFL right now. Ta'Amu is still developing, and it seemed to me like he was usually 1-gap penetrating, which isn't going to be his role here on running downs/distances. No doubt he will need work, but I think he'll be able to do it. I think he'll be a better nose than Poe. He engages lower (which is crucial), and actually made plays consistently in college. I think Chapman will eventually be better as a pure run clogger in the middle, but Ta'Amu offers more when the opponent passes. I agree with NB that Chapman's ACL pretty much left Ta'Amu as a must-have for us.