1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

These are the teams with the worst QB situations in the NFL

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Aug 31, 2024.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

I don't agree with this at all.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  2. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    I agree with you....Every others team in this list are way worse that the steelers if we talk only about this year....And if Rodgers is hurt again for the Jets or he is washed(he is 40),good luck New York!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2015
    Actually 7 or 8 maybe, but #2 I think that is a little crazy.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    Sounds about right, but i dont know football.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I would say 7th, or 8th, and if Wilson has some juice left....we could shock some people. No freaking way after looking at some of those teams are we 2nd

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    QB situation could mean no stability with the players only signed for one year.:cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    This is our only hope… if Russ doesn’t cook we are cooked

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I agree.....we will win some game because of tge D , and running game, but if He's done.....we are in trouble,,but.....I'm not sure he done, and I believe He would like to prove it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    At least the steelers have a plan B if Wilson is washed....If this is the case,Tomlin can't wait too long and put Fields as QB or it will be too late

• Like Like x 1
  10. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    If number two is being based solely on Russell Wilson's history of not using Tight Ends + how well he will fit into Arthur Smith's system, then that alone isn't enough to justify the number two spot. The Offensive Line is making the likes of Russell Wilson and Justin Fields look far worse than they already are. Granted, the questions about the Steelers Offense as a whole are legitimate; who will be the true number two Receiving option between the likes of Van Jefferson and Pat Freiermuth, how long will it take Broderick Jones to secure the Left Tackle spot, will this be the year in which Najee Harris finally break out in a big way, what is remaining of Russell Wilson, and so on.

As the poster implied, this post on X is nothing more than mere engagement farming by the likes of ProFootballNetwork. For that matter, the list is intentionally designed to attract attention given how the list has been constructed.

Now, do I agree that the Steelers have one of the worst QB situations in all of football?! I do. Russell Wilson clearly isn't what he once athletically and Justin Fields still remains very much an unknown. That said, To say the Browns and Giants have superior situations is simply not true; doubly so in New York's case. Unless Daniel Jones can have a CPOY Season for the ages, that would be my number one; Cleveland right behind at number two as the DeShaun Watson of 2020 isn't coming back.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Remember that it will be the Offensive Line that will decide the fate of Russell Wilson or Justin Fields. More specifically, Broderick Jones will decide quite a bit in 2024 for the Steelers Offense. For me, it isn't a stretch to say he isn't the biggest X Factor for the 2024 Pittsburgh Steelers.

Quite a bit is riding on his development. So far, the results have been not great. However, still time for him to turn it around. Andrew Thomas had a similar path when he started out in the NFL back in 2020. Look at him now.

Hopefully, Broderick can put it all together too.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I’d take Wilson over the starter for any of those teams and it’s not close.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    It is also a plus though. We aren't tied to anything financially and have the flexibility to do a lot of different things in the future.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I think Broderick looked really good for a rookie last year. I won't let a bad outing in the preseason change my perception of his game. He has room to grow, but he's already a pretty solid player. Whether or not he becomes a top flight LT is up to him and his development.

15. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2022
    Tackle is a tough position to play, it could take Jones a few years before he really comes around. He was pretty raw coming out of college, so I think he's basically still learning how to play. He definitely has the size and athleticism you look for, it's just a matter of getting his technique down, and becoming more comfortable with the new offense. Looks like he has regressed so far, but I'm sure his arm injury has a lot to do with that. Guess he's trying to play through it, and is hoping things improve week to week. Jones showed a lot of promise his rookie season, wouldn't surprise me if he ends up being one of the best tackles in the NFL, just not sure if it's going to be at LT or RT. Seems like that depends on what they're going to do with Dan Moore

Last edited: Aug 31, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Doesn’t seem like they considered how much $ it’s costing the Steelers, and yet the Broncos are not on this list.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2022
    Not sure why the cost would be a consideration, but the Steelers QB room is one of the worst in the NFL regardless of that. Maybe not #2, but still top 6 or 7. Maybe Russ still has something left in the tank, guess we'll find out soon enough

Last edited: Aug 31, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  18. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

i believe that is why the ranking. i didn't say it was good or bad. most good teams have a franchise guy in place which is team stability to an extent. we are not sitting on that. even with the flexibility, we don't know what will be next. hence the ranking. :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  19. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I golf with a huge NY Giants fan. Daniel Jones was his savior after the 2022 season. Can't wait to show him this since he's been getting on my crap about our QB situation. I'd rather have Wilson then Jones but I'll take his height.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Yeah, I'm not so sure Russ is done. I do wish he was a taller QB. I fear big ass linemen will be in his face a lot. My problem is I can't see him lasting all 17. I took a bet with a Jet fan that Russ last longer then Rodgers.

• Like Like x 1
  21. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Curious what you think breaking out is for Harris? He has had 3 seasons over 1000 yards. TBH I don't put as much stock in that number as I use to. Jim Brown use to do it in 12 games. Granted different era. 2021 Najee hit 1200 yards.

22. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    How are the Vikings not on this list......Sam Darnold?????.....LOL

• Agree Agree x 5
  23. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Very poorly thought out list

Browns should be #1 with an absolute chasm between them and #2. They are married to Watson because of the insane contract they gave him and he is not the QB they thought he was. The best they can hope for is game manager level play from him and he is being paid as a top 3 QB.

Raiders, Steelers and others aren’t going to have high level QB play but at least they have the flexibility to move on and reset.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Looking at RBI’s season only, #2 is ridiculous. But if you consider that they have no QB signed for next, their situation is at best unclear going fwd.

Even if they get good production out of Wilson/Fields this yr, it’s not certain that they’ll have either in 2025.

25. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Had to laugh, the other day my wife asks “Who’s the Steelers starting QB? Justin Wilson?

Justin Wilson was a New Orleans chef, who had a cooking show on PBS years ago. He’d talk with an exaggerated Cajun accent, and after telling you how much you’d like a certain dish, he’d end with “I guarantee”. My mom had a couple of his cookbooks.

• Like Like x 1