1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

There goes homefield advantage...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by harristotle, Nov 6, 2011.

1. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    We just blew the #1 seed for the playoffs and we'll be lucky to get the #5 seed now. I feel like throwing up... :evil:

2. cory_86

cory_86 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    REMAINING OPPONENTS: at Bengals (6-2), at Chiefs (4-4), vs. Bengals (6-2), vs. Browns (3-5), at 49ers (7-1), vs. Rams (1-7), at Browns (3-5)

Can we afford more than one loss in the remaining games?

3. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    We can no lose no more games.

4. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    We can't lose anymore at all. If Baltimore loses another game they still have us at the tie breaker. We have to win out and they have to lose twice. Not to mention what the bengals are doing...

5. rutan74

rutan74 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    This group of bumbling misfits will be lucky at best to even make the playoffs. Imagine, with this cupcake schedule and not making it.

rutan

6. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Played terrible, and the officiating was just as bad. Our Defense let's a team go 90 yds. Crazy

7. slickster10

slickster10

Oct 23, 2011
    :this!: :this!: :this!: :this!: :this!: :this!: :this!: :this!: :this!: :this!: :this!: :this!: :this!: :this!: :this!: :this!: :this!: :this!: :this!: :this!:

8. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    How's that feel Defense, you just made Flacoo elite( that's what all the football heads are saying)

9. Steel Buckeye

Steel Buckeye Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    The talking heads get so caught up in the moment. Was flacco elite when he had that embarassment of a game against the jaguars? Until flacco gets to a superbowl kill all the elite talk please

10. Stiller3

Stiller3 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Dreading the 49er game and the Bengal games.

11. Stiller3

Stiller3 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    We can no lose no more games.[/quote:1lh1bpt8]

If only Pimply Dan were here... :-(

12. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    No doubt he threw one touchdown in this game got sacked how many times and fumbled it allowing for the go ahead touchdown. He did manage it on third down because instead of using the defensive plan from last week they let the dbl TE set beat them in coverage. Also lets be realistic here the last two games for the Ravens have been won because of the Randy Moss strategy. Lets throw it deep and even if it isn't catchable we can get a PI call to place it at the one yard line and we can get it in from there with Rice.

13. sidsteeler32

sidsteeler32 Member

Oct 25, 2011
    just relax, calm down... my how qwik our memories fade from just this past February 2011 !! Did that Packer team that beat us in the Bowl have homefield advantage? All a team needs to do is qualify for the "dance" and get in as a wild card (ie 2007 Champs Giants, 2005 Champs STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)... so calm the f*** down, folk. we take care of business against the Bungholes, Brownies, SF and KC, and who knows, we just might get that stinking homefield back (that we dont need - a CHAMPION wins at home or away). DIDnt WE JUST LOSE AT HOME A FEW HOURS AGO????!!!!!!!!!! CALM... DOWN!

14. SteelMojo

SteelMojo Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    this X 1000 love you other Steelers fans but you guys are the most fickle flip floppy fans ever lol

15. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The Steelers will have to play more consistent to get into the playoffs.
    They have been more down than up. THe Bengals have been the big
    suprise of the year in the AFC. If we don't sweep them we may be in trouble of not
    making the playoffs.There is a log jam in the AFC. The Steelers could conceivably
    lose 3 of the remaining games on there schedule. !0-6 may not be good enough to get in to
    the AFC playoffs.

16. fdresq4

fdresq4 Active Member

Oct 16, 2011

I seem to remember 2005 when the Steelers were the sixth seed, went on the road, and then went on to win Super Bowl 40.
    Yeah it stinks we lost to them I know.

17. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I agree that some fans can be fickle and "flip-floppy" - but what makes me the sickest is that 13-3 might not even qualify this year, and if it does, it may only be a wild card. If the Steelers win out, they may be the best wild-card team in history.

On the other hand, because Baltimore plays like S-B contenders against the Steelers and S-B pretenders against everyone else, they just might lose 2 more and put the Steelers back in the driver's seat.

I'm not convinced that the Bengirls are for real, so I guess we'll see about that next week, and we'll get San Francisco when the Steelers are usually peaking, so it could be a nail-biting but interesting ride.

18. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    We will see them again and lets hope we are healthy