1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Theater of the Bizarre: Stat of the week

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by AFan, Oct 10, 2012.

1. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    There are six linemen. So perhaps six laughing faces would be more appropriate. :hehehe:

2. Steeltradition83

Steeltradition83 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: ..... :-( . I put 7 for the ones that were dressed and one sad face for the 8th one that should have been dressed that wasn't. I sad it about a month ago and I stand by it now. This Oline is soft...plain and simple.

3. aces4me

aces4me Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Dressing 7 seems risky with the injury situation this year.

4. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Playing devils advocate, didn't Batch and Leftwich go 3-1 in Bens absence a few years ago? Many fans of other teams thought of that as an indictment of how Ben was a product of the system even though us Steelers fans knew differently. The knock on Ben was that he was carried by a good running game and good D. When he won SB43 with one of the worst running games he (should have) silenced a lot of those critics. And now last year and this year he is (should be) silencing a lot more with great QB playing despite the shoddy defensive play.

To me this is similar to Brady this year. Yes he's had a great o line in the past. But this year its much an injury filled patchwork line like the Steelers yet he's still getting it done. It (should) prove to people that its less to do with the system and more about Brady.

5. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    So how else do you want to quantify it? You asked for stats and I gave them to you and now you don't want them?

You're not going to get an argument from me about the sorry state of the Steelers O line. Its just that the Pats line isn't a whole lot better and certainly not TWICE as good.

One caveat...going forward with the injuries to Pouncey and Gilbert last night you may ultimately be right as this line stands to get much worse if these 2 guys miss significant time.

6. Steeltradition83

Oct 21, 2011
    Here is a stat Wins and Loses. Pats 3-2 Steelers 2-3. Thats what this league is about.

7. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    Well if the Pats O line was TWICE as good shouldn't the Pats have TWICE as many wins?

8. Steeltradition83

Oct 21, 2011
    Well if the Pats O line was TWICE as good shouldn't the Pats have TWICE as many wins?[/quote:11cdj39d]

Really? That’s your argument? :frustrated:

At any rate, the Patriots only having three wins rather than four doesn't change the fact that we are in trouble with this Oline. Possibly more trouble than what we are used to.

9. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    Well if the Pats O line was TWICE as good shouldn't the Pats have TWICE as many wins?[/quote:2beb7ngu]

Really? That’s your argument? :frustrated:

[/quote:2beb7ngu]

You threw the wins/losses out there. If thats absolute proof of how the oline is playing and the Pats is twice as good as Pittsburghs, then logically they should have twice as many wind.

10. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    Well if the Pats O line was TWICE as good shouldn't the Pats have TWICE as many wins?[/quote:q8i83kua]

At any rate, the Patriots only having three wins rather than four doesn't change the fact that we are in trouble with this Oline. Possibly more trouble than what we are used to.[/quote:q8i83kua]

Yes, I agree.

Lets end this discussion. Its been fun, but regardless the Steelers O line IS going to get a whole lot worse if Pouncey and Gilbert miss time.

:hello: