1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The X-Files

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Guest, Jan 24, 2016.

1. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Seems like most first episodes these days don't really measure up to what comes after them. Very few shows really "nail it" from the get go. Maybe it will build steam and reach back to the glory days. TMNT has done it and Thundercats done it as well so maybe this show will too.

2. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I thought so, too. I was expecting some new fancy intro, but I loved the fact that it was the same intro from the original run.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Guest

Guest Guest

She does look good. I loved the expression on her face when she saw Sveta was at Mulder's house. :lolol:

Last night's episode was so, so good! So much better than the premiere episode, although I enjoyed it, also.

And OMG! :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Guest

Guest Guest

I died laughing when they showed him smoking out of his trach! Haha! I wish there was a .gif out there, but I can't find one. :(

5. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I mentioned before the first episode aired that Jose Chung's From Outer Space is my favorite all-time X-files episode. I thought it was interesting that the new theory has a direct tie-in to one of the abductions from Jose Chung's that involved getting more info about that abduction through hypnosis.

Specifically the guys who were humans wearing alien suits, and the guy who was kidnapped and hypnotized into thinking he was kidnapped by aliens when it was later found after being re-hypnotized that it was actually human government officials

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I think my favorite was "Milagro" with John Hawkes as the aspiring writer where the character comes to life.

"Paper Hearts" was another fav. with actor Tom Noonan who was suspected as abducting Mulder's sister.

So many good ones.

John Hawkes 220px-JohnHawkesHS2009.jpg

7. Guest

Guest Guest

[​IMG]

:lolol:

:roflmao:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2016
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Really enjoyed last night's episode. Rhys Darby was great.

9. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Really fun episode. On par with Bad Blood or one of the Chung episodes.

I instantly knew the stoners from the lake monster episode (previously seen licking frogs. Graduated to huffing I guess). Scully reminding us she's immortal was a nice touch. I wonder what other little references from previous episodes were in there that I missed.

The ummmmmm.... Scully's seduction scene....

Wasn't expecting that! But I'm glad to have seen it. ;)

10. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    This was a great episode. I loved the over the top comedy and definitely felt it was done in a similar, but fresh, vein as Jose Chung's.

11. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Haven't been to The Watercooler in a bit but had to chime in on the X-files one of my favorites and so glad to see it back on. Agree with keeping the old intro....awesome. Loved the comedic take in the last episode favorite part was Mulder lookin through the Fox head.....great touch. Scullys still bangin' too......looking forward to more.

• Like Like x 1
  12. MorrisFoster

MorrisFoster Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2014
    Try imdb.com

Anything rated over 6 isn't a total waste of time, anything rated over 7 is a good movie, and everything over 8 is excellent.

I find the ratings very accurate and the user reviews very good.

Old XFiles got 8.7 and the new one 8.1.

TV Shows are rated higher than movies though and don't mean much.

13. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    So I don't drink, but if I did, I imagine the final episode would have been great for a drinking game where you take a drink every time someone says "alien DNA".

So, what's next? Will they hand things over to Miller and Einstein for the next generation? I almost half expected Mulder to die to kind of force a hand off, but I wouldn't like if it happened that way.

14. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    :lolol:

I thought the finale felt rushed, like they tried cramming too much into one episode, and I really didn't like the ending. Hopefully we get more in the not-too-distant future.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Hopefully, it'll be better than the last uneven season. But we ARE getting another!

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
  16. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Yes

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2017
  17. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Great news!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    At least there's some good news today. I'll always be glad to hear there will be more X-files episodes.

• Like Like x 1
  19. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
  20. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011