1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Walking Dead (no comics spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Ray D, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I know a few of you are watching judging by the TV thread. How are you like this season so far?

Daryl is officially my favorite character right now. I had a hard time taking to him last year, but they've made me like him a lot lately.

I'm still waiting to find out what the hell the CDC guy told Rick. :banghead: I have my suspicions, but what are they waiting for? :shrug:

Anyway, let's keep this thread strictly to what's been aired and the TV show. I'm well aware of the graphic novels. But many of us haven't read them. And anyway, the show isn't following the comics closely. So please, let's not talk about spoilers from the comics.

2. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    So, I resisted this show for some reason, but dang they pulled me in. I missed some episodes from last season (which I'm trying catch up on), but I like what I've seen. I thought for sure the guy with Shane was going to get munched on last night, so looks like I guessed wrong unless he gets it next week. :hmmm:

3. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    This weeks episode was a little slower to me for some reason. I figure the son has to pull through at some point, I can't imagine them killing off a kid. I'm curious where they are going with the missing girl, I think they will eventually find her too. I was wondering why the walkers haven't appeared to have found the homestead they are currently staying in. The house doesn't look very fortified either in case of attack.

4. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    I assumed they'd find the girl at the farm.

Since it appears she isn't there, I'm thinking the next time we see her, she'll be a walker and take Mommy out. I could be wrong.

I haven't read the comics. But from what I hear, Robert Kirkman treats his characters about as well as George RR Martin... which is to say, not one is safe.

5. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I just started watching last weekend. I want to see how the two guys going to get the medicine for the kid get out of that one. On 2nd thought, maybe they don't.

6. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Haha... just so you guys know. The television show is similar but not the same as what happens in the comic version. Which make both great for me.

Just so I don't spoil anything. That's all I'll say about this. Okay, one more thing. Yes RayD, no one is safe.

7. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    I thought last night's episode was pretty good, kept me on the edge of my seat most of the time anyway. :) I think they'll end up finding the missing girl as a walker soon.
    If you haven't seen it yet, don't click the spoiler. ;-)

Day'um, that scene where Shane and Ottis are escaping and Shane shoots him in the leg so he is a getaway meal for the walkers was intense. :eek!: Sure didn't see that coming. He shaved his head at the end to hide where he had a chunk of hair ripped out in the fight right? Did I see that right, or was there something more to that?

8. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    That's how I took it also. At first I thought he might have been bitten, but the more I thought about it I believe it was just the hunk the big guy pulled out.
    I wonder if Shane closed the gateor the walkers will get in. It's a little too peaceful in their little commune they have going. Also, how would you feel as a parent if someone died just trying to save your kid? I know I would feel like crap, no matter how grateful I might have been.

9. SteelersGirl25

SteelersGirl25 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2011
    Ok- how freaking cool is that spoiler button? :thumbs_up:

10. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm not reading the spoilers. :cool: mother nature screwed me out of my show too. :frustrated:

I'll catch it Saturday on replay if I can't find it on the internet first.

11. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    You're a stronger man than I, well, maybe I'd resist. 8-) If you have Timewarner, you can watch it on demand, otherwise I think it's only online via torrents/filesharing.

I thought he was hiding a bite at first, too. I caught the later replay of the show, and just before it came on, the tail end of "Talking Dead" was on. Someone on there was saying there was a fingernail in the back of his head, unless I misheard? I didn't see that, did you? You may be right about the gate. They made a point about that earlier in the episode when the two group members found the house.

12. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Finally saw it. Pretty hardcore.

As to the major event, it was harsh, but really the best option. Does that make it right? Of course not, which is why he's messed up now.

But as we joke while out hunting, "I don't have to outrun the bear. I only have to outrun YOU."

13. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Yeah, it was pretty intense. Survival of the fittest I guess.

Yeah lol. :lolol:

14. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm going to go watch The Walking Dead now.

The walking corpses will probably look more lively than the stiffs not wearing #92 looked tonight.

15. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    It wasn't right or the best option.
    He could have shot him in the head!!! Would have helped him escape even faster because he wouldn't have to fight with the guy, and it would have been about 20 trillion times more humane, which is good for Otis as well as Shane's conscience.
    :lolol:

16. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    If he shot Otis in the head, the walkers would have passed right by Otis and kept coming for Shane. Zombies don't care about meat if it isn't moving and screaming. ;) Live worms always catch more fish than dead ones.

17. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    :lolol:

18. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Isn't it sad that only now I see that I used the wrong word? THAN, not then. I hate that. I never see those mistakes until after the fact.

Of course, if I was a proper typer, maybe that wouldn't happen. :frustrated:

19. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    I didn't even notice, honestly. I chalk it up as message board grammar...the laws of the English language don't really apply in here. Speed typing and familiarity.
    (I may have just made that up, but it sounded like I knew what I was talking about) :hehehe:

20. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Ha, that's pretty funny, but I don't know if I buy it.
    I think the zombies will go for any fresh meat, dead or alive, moving or not moving. They're not like T-Rexes, whose vision is based on movement. If they were, then all anyone would have to do when one came is freeze or lie down. Plus, they were hot on his trail and saw the whole thing. I think it woulda worked. By the way, way to go Glen! :clapping:

21. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    So, I just watched Sunday's episode (couldn't do it after the game).
    Now I see what you meant about Glenn, Snack. :) I like Daryl more and more all the time. Anybody else think he was gonna have to shoot the girl in that house? In regards to the shot in the leg vs the shot in the head, they kind of touched on that in this episode when Glenn had to go in the well. The whole 'the ham doesn't kick and scream when you try to eat it' thing.

22. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Good episode tonight...
    WTH is that about at the end? A barn full of walkers? Is that the friends and family that they 'lost'? I assume the good Dr. is keeping them at bay until the cure appears?
    Daryl had a pretty bad day, fights to make it back alive and gets shot in the head when he gets there. :blackeye:

23. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    It's a good thing the blonde is such a lousy shot. I came to the same conclusion about the people in the barn. I assume they were people they knew at one point. The previews make next week look pretty interesting. I'm curious if the old man (the one in the mobile home) knows what Shane did (or at least figured it out).

24. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Considering the distance, and sun glare, she actually did pretty well. Good thing she didn't kill him. She was only off by 2-3 inches. It had to be a good 350-400 yards from the trailer to the tree line. But yeah, shooting was STUPID. Especially considering there were 3 men heading out to handle it anyway. She's lucky she didn't hit one of them. hopefully, this bone-headed mistake knocks that chip off her shoulder. She's hot, but so annoying.

25. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Yeah, the preview for next week's episode was good. I wondered that about the part with Shane, too. The tension with the love triangle is definitely growing, too.