1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Walking Dead (no comics spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Ray D, Oct 24, 2011.

1. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Anyone still watching TWD or the spin-offs?

2. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Yeah. Actually just watched the series finale of World Beyond tonight (I know I'm late). Meh. Best part of season 2 was Jadis (and I found it funny how she took Father Gabriel's last name of Stokes). But that stinger at the end? Whoa!

And a certain segment of rabid FTWD fans must be very happy with the latest announcement. Not that most of us didn't see it coming a mile away circumstances being what they were. (Being purposely vague. It's not exactly a spoiler as they announced it officially to the public. But I'll say what it is if anyone wants to know who doesn't already)

This current season of FTWD has been pretty bad. I'm just not feeling it. But I continue watching because things may get interesting down the pike (rumored time jump and all). Mostly, I'm really ticked off how they've treated Alicia's character this year, and I'll REALLY be P.O.ed if they pull the BS they're trying to lead us to believe. She's been infected for MONTHS but is only sick and has no idea how long she has left? 1 - BULL@#$!!! A bite's infection kills in a day or 2 at most! 2-I swear to God if this is how they write her off, I'll riot... especially knowing what we know about the future of the show from that announcement.

3. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    The only one that I ever watched was the original, and I have the new season sitting untouched on my DVR. Every time I think about watching it, I say “ehhh… maybe another time.”

4. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    the most recent season is better, but not as good as the first few. I’m basically watching just to see how they wrap it up.

5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I got bored with the whole thing about season 4. It was like the same ole same ole....just different faces. Plus it bothered Me how many people Loved the show that never even watched, or would watch Zombie movies before that, and only watched because it was popular.

6. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    In case any of you don't watch The World Beyond, this is an important scene for the whole TWD universe. Not a spoiler as it's not a plot point in any show... yet. But it has HUGE implications.

This was the post credit scene on the final episode of The World Beyond. Totally separate from that show's story.

7. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    Anyone still watching? Series finale tonight

8. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    Yep. The finale did not disappoint.

9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    No. I got bored with it after the 3rd season.

10. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    Yeah we had two entirely different takes. Granted I only watched because I’ve watched basically every other episode, but I wasn’t impressed

11. METALMAN_68

Jan 4, 2022
    Well, I should say I was somewhat happy with the very end. Without that, I don't know how you move forward with the spin-offs. I guess I wasn't disappointed but also not blown away by the last episode.

12. aregeejay

aregeejay Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2014
    Oh.....and I thought they were referring to the putrid Steeler defense.

13. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    I lasted a little past that. Not really sure when I finally fell away from it. But it was hard after how much I liked the first season, and really didn't hate the second season on the farm as much as some.

The hallmark episode where I started falling away was the one from (I think) season three when Rick finally met with the Governor at some barn between the jail and the Governor's town. Over-dramatized to the point of cheesiness for me (didn't help that by that time I was watching it "live", with commercials). More show-runner change past that emphasized more character focus that, IMO, just dragged the show down with clunky tangential origin episodes or side-streams that didn't offer any compelling content.

I stuck with it until probably around season six or so. Saw the season that introduced Negan, and the all the initial conflicts with the Saviors. But basically when you get to the point that you're questioning more nuanced realities (Carol "Rambo" episodes, bad acting, ridiculous storylines, e.g.) in a show about a zombie apocalypse, things start feeling weird.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. METALMAN_68

Jan 4, 2022
    Haters....

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    That's what I say about everyone that doesn't like Rick,and Morty

• Like Like x 1
  16. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    despite knowing there were more spin-offs coming the trailers at the end annoyed the hell out of me. Make it stop!

• Like Like x 1
  17. SteelersFan369

SteelersFan369 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2022

I don't know if you have seen Netflix's Korean TV series Kingdom. I thought it was better than Walking Dead, which I liked a lot in the beginning seasons. Kingdom is only two seasons.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2022