1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Walking Dead (no comics spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Ray D, Oct 24, 2011.

1. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    And the only one who has aged any is Judith

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Carol looks to have put on some years in the previews.

It's TV. They're not going to age makeup everyone.

I figured that the way they wrote Rick off meant we'll see him again. It took exactly 3 minutes for them to confirm that. AMC is doing stand alone movies featuring Rick wherever he's going. (And, I suspect, eventually, he rejoins the show - maybe for the last season).

I already like Judith Grimes 1000X better than I ever liked Carl. And here comes the Whisperers!

3. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I dont kno who/what the whisperers are .. lol

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    :lolol:

Carl never really grew on me either. It was sad to see him go from a standpoint that he was such a staple on the show but he was never one of my favorites.

Judith seems badass :ninja:

So without spoiling anything, if possible, what makes the Whispers different than any other group they've encountered. I mean Negan was supposed to be the worst of the worst and had an army.

5. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    You'll find out. Oh, you'll find out.

Suffice to say, you've never seen a group like this on either show. I can't say anything more without getting spoilery.

6. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Negan had an army? That's cute. :)

7. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    :lolol:

So they are the ones with the helicopters huh. Maybe an actual army, lol.

8. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

From what I gather the whisperers have gone complete Ted kacynski

9. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    No. Not the same people. Comic readers have a plausible theory as to who the helicopter people might be, but even that isn't confirmed (we'll find out with Rick's first movie I'm sure).

Think of the Whisperers more as a twisted force of nature. Either way, they're definitely... unique.

10. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I nvr read the comic and its JMO but i think Negan has them all fooled, or at least he sure fooled Maggie lst night

11. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    I don't know, for the first time I thought I saw the real Negan in that scene. Finally taking off the strong man mask to reveal a sad and lonely man.

12. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    First John Snyder and Tom Wopat left and Bo and Luke were replaced by Coy and Vance, and that didn't go well.

Then Steve Carell left and Michael Scott was replaced by numerous Dunder Mifflin managers, and it went downhill.

Now Rick. It's going to be tough to lose the character who is the main focus of the story and keep it going in a way that is still entertaining, but we'll see what happens.

13. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I did not care much for last night episode , The only parts i really liked was Carol with the match,and Judith with Negan

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    The zombies started talking which caught me off guard. This show has naturally deviated away from survival from the dead to survival from the living. Now it may appear the living will have to deal with the evolving dead.

15. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Stay tuned... :)

16. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Well last season had me pissed so I wasn't sure if I was gonna watch, then all the "rick dying" talk started so I watched. I had been recording it so I had them all, I will say this watching a bunch is so much better then a weekly thing. I liked everything until this last one, a freakin 6 year time jump wtf??? This show use to be the best around by far now it is just average. I am so invested in it now I feel like I have to watch. I don't read the comics so I have no clue who this next group is but oh well I will wait a few more weeks and let a few more shows build up so I can watch a few together.

One last thing sad news on Scott Wilson/Herschel R.I.P. you were a good character on this show.

17. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011

18. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    @Bleedsteel

I can't really dispute any of that. He's just not someone that ever really grew on me.

As for Rick, you're going to find out. AMC is making stand alone movies with his character. Sounds like it will be really good.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  19. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Just caught up and watched the mid season finale. The second half of the season is going to be fun :zwin:

The Whisperers are going to be a whole new type of threat. I hope they roll with it for a while.

20. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    If you told me 2 years ago that I'd quit watching this show, I would have laughed in your face. I gave up a week or two before Carl died. I avoided this thread in case I decided to catch up, but I don't think that will ever happen.

I've read most of the comics, and you're in for a treat with the Whisperers.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm still a bit peeved about Carl's death. Especially since Rick is now off the show. They recast that little kid Morgan was training so they have an older version after the 6 year time jump. Couldn't they have done that with Carl??

I think you'd get a kick out of how they're portraying (and introducing) the Whisperers. They're pulling off the menace and creep factor very well so far. Too bad they never could adequately do that for the Saviors.

22. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm not there yet but close. Will see how it plays out with Rick not on the show anymore.

Maybe the Whisperers will be a gripping story line.

And I think Maggie/Daryl tandem leading the way will be good, too. They have that hardened edge thing going on.

But I am getting bored with the show so they better ramp it up.

23. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, I'm with you there. And it feels like the whole tension between Michonne/Alexandria and Maggie/Hilltop is fake drama just to add some tension to the show right now.

24. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I think the Whisperers could have been done better - they've already given up their secret in their first episode.

25. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    What episode was that? I just saw scenes for the second half of the season and damn, is that what the whisperers are? Disguise themselves as the dead and make you think they are slow moving zombies??? Thats crazy, people are so comfortable walking up to them and sticking them in the head and now you got these guys whipping out a knife and stabbing them first.