1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Walking Dead (no comics spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Ray D, Oct 24, 2011.

1. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I'm glad they got rid of you know who,, i nvr could stand him.....And it seems as tho a certain someone is gona do it her way nomatter what anyone thinks

2. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    yup glad daryl died lol

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Big moment from the comics.

Maybe the last thing we'll see from the comics that's close to the source material. Considering the announced cast departure(s), and who we lost last season, most of what's left in the comics will be more or less "remixes."

4. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

I nvr read the comic, But i do wish they would bring morgan back, he was always my fave in the show.. And their gona need some stronger charecters as this season and nxt progresses JMO

5. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Morgan is on Fear the Walking Dead, now.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    And a better character there than he was on TWD. Maybe that's just because he gets a better chance to shine. Either way, if you like Morgan, FTWD is must see.

7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Gregory's exit was long overdue! Hated that character. Testament to the actors abilities for portraying such a dislikable character.

The kids walking in at the moment he swings though was so cliche, really?

After all this time, Rick and Michonne still doesn't work for me.

Shout out to Vane! Ray will know what I'm talking about :thumbs up:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    LOL. Yeah. Good to see him again.

If you liked that, and were a fan of Sons of Anarchy, you're in for another treat: Ryan Hurst aka Opie joins the cast in the second half of this season. He's playing a very significant character too.
    Beta of the Whisperers

• Like Like x 1
  9. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I never watched that show so I don't know who that is. Only Opie I know is Andy Griffith Show and also Opie and Anthony :lolol:

Is Vanes character in this show also in the comics? Wonder how long he'll have a part.

10. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

Blast SOA is a must imo one of the best shows ever......

11. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    My best friend loved it, I just never got around to it. One of these days!

• Like Like x 1
  12. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

When you do you will wonder what took so long :smiley1:

13. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, thats what usually happens :lolol:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    I didn't even catch his name, so I'm not sure. In the comics, only a couple saviors had any real significance. Dwight being probably the most important. But they seem to have written his character out. Some speculate Dwight may eventually also end up on FTWD.

15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Sad news. Scott Wilson, the actor who played Hershel has passed away at age 76 after a battle with cancer.

RIP

Too bad we didn't get to see more of him on the show, liked his character, thought they should have kept him on as he was a good voice of reason for Rick.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    He passed away last week. They even ended last week's episode with a "In Memory" picture. I was wondering why they didn't mention him even once on The Talking Dead, but tonight they said that that episode had been pre-filmed and wasn't live.

I was saddened to hear of his passing. Seemed like a genuinely good man.

• Like Like x 2
  17. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    So I like to stay away from spoilers and keep myself under a rock. Why oh why is AMC advertising how many episodes Rick has left? I had no idea until they blasted it in my face. What a way to spoil what could have been a climatic moment.

18. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    viewing keeps declining on the show, aas far as Rick leaving i say good ridance

19. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    That got leaked months ago. AMC couldn't put a lid on it. They chose to go ahead and confirm it at Comic-Con. Andrew Lincoln asked to be written off the show due to his children coming to an age where uprooting them for months at a time to come with him to Georgia was no longer feasible (living in England and all). I'm sure after almost 10 years, he may have been suffering burn out too.

So since the cat was out of the bag, I guess they decided to use it for hype. What's funny to me is they're probably now kicking themselves that they killed off Carl. I mean, we've already jumped ahead 18 months give or take. They said at Comic-Con that there would be a massive time jump somewhere around the halfway mark of the season of several years (that keeps with the comics). If Chandler Riggs wasn't good enough of an actor to carry the show - as I'm sure they factored into their decision - they could easily have recast his character after the time jump.

We still don't know how Rick will be written off. And the comics can't be used as a hint here since Rick is still alive, well, and in charge there. We do know that Robert Kirkland very often warns readers that Rick won't be around forever. He just hasn't decided when to pull the trigger. Of course, he also said that Carl is actually the main character... (stupid AMC).

20. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Im sure Andrew Lincoln didn't anticipate the show running 10 years when he signed up. I understand why he's leaving, hope they don't kill his character off though, leave the door open in case they ever decide to stop milking the series.

I haven't like the direction they have been taking Ricks character anyway. Show keeps repeating storylines, we've seen gentle Rick before. Keeping Negan alive is dumb and for what? Because Carl had a silly vision of Negan living peacefully along side them after all the people he's killed? I understand wanting to rebuild society and so you lock him up to convey rule of law but food is scarce, you're wasting it feeding him. Hopefully Maggie gets her revenge for Glenn.

Best part of last episode was Daryl and Maggie turning and walking away, leaving Arat to be killed.

Don't know why they wasted the actor playing Justins character, they could have made him into a good villain. He was great in Black Sails.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I didn't watch Sons of Anarchy when it originally aired, but I binged it last summer and enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to seeing Hurst.

Hurst also played star linebacker Gary Bertier in Remember the Titans.

• Like Like x 2
  22. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Can’t believe he was taken out by a horse

23. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

Good riddance,

24. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    So the horse gets spooked and throwes him, then goes 15 yrds and stops???:facepalm: Cmon, i could write a better episode than this

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Ok, that was pretty good. I didn't want them to kill him off and then the way they appeared to do it, I was like, ok, that was sad but very cool how he went out. Only he didn't, lol. Which Im happy about and never saw more Rick Grimes stories coming on another platform.

Liked the episode alot, the scenes talking to Shane and Hershal were great. Good job!