1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Walking Dead (no comics spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Ray D, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I'll take that bet on the first statement. Oh... no reason. ;)

As to the second... EXACTLY. He used the same BS pitch he used on Abraham (minus a cure) when he first met him, Hence, the smirk. They bought it. Or more specifically, Negan bought it. Hook. Line. And sinker.

The fan in me says no way he's truly team Negan. He's playing Negan. (and I'll admit, I'm influenced by... other sources there. Not that those sources truly mean anything to the TV show;))

But even without "other sources," I think it's clear they're setting up Dwight defecting, and Eugene being subversive.

2. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    That's exactly my take on Eugene's behavior. He's never had any problem being deceitful to survive, so why start now.

3. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I think with what Negan did to Abe there is no chance he sides with Negan. I think he is playing along and he will leave a weak spot some where, maybe like making blanks instead of real bullets, IDK.

4. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I finally had a chance to watch it. Great episode. In one episode Eugene became one of my favorite characters of the series. He is definitely not Team Negan, and I'm betting that he will play a big role in Negan's downfall. I just wonder how long we'll need to wait for it.

5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I think they will wrap this story line up this season if thats what you mean. I imagine the finale will be the big fight. Or the second to last episode with the last episode tying up loose ends.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    If by that you mean that this season will wrap up the Negan story, I disagree. I think it's moving too slowly for that, and I think that the season ending cliffhanger will be the start of the big fight, not the end. I see this season building up to an ending with the opposition to Negan (Alexandria/Kingdom/Hilltop/etc) being formed (and armed) to set the table for a season 8 of warfare. Negan is too good for the series to not be a big part of next season. I don't read the comics, so I don't know if what I'm suggesting deviates from the comic storyline, but I just can't see them wrapping up the Negan/Saviors storyline that quickly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    You're pretty much spot on. War is coming. Not a battle. ;)

And Negan won't be going anywhere for a long time (unless they go against source material. Which, of course, they've done plenty of times already. But as you said, the character is too rich to waste.)

8. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Not a chance in hell man, this story line is moving at a snails pace and that may be giving it too much credit. I would be surprised if we even see a fight at this pace, I have a feeling this season will end with all these groups meeting and agreeing to fight. JMO

9. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Ah, you guys are correct, just looked and there are only 2 episodes left! I was thinking there was more. There are only 5 after the midseason finale. Is it always that little? Memory is failing me.

Yeah, I dont see it wrapping up that quickly now. I hope not all of next season is devoted to this, maybe wrap it up with the mid season finale. I want to see them get back to what the heart of the problem is, the Walkers. I don't believe this is just the way the world is now, essentially a virus started all this and viruses get eradicated, like bubonic plague.

I want the story line to shift back and focus on that.

10. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm not sure where you saw that, but there are 5 episodes left for this season. It's a 16 episode season, and the next episode is #12.

11. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Oh ok, that makes more sense, was only listed up to episode 13. Say Yes this week and Bury Me Here the following which has a kind of final sound to it :lolol:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    NYSteel will be happy, I wasn't a fan of yesterdays episode. :no2:

And I'm sick of Rosita, she can go for all I care. Zombie food or Lucified, just go.

13. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Ha, same here. When the walker's m16 started firing at Rick, my wife and I just rolled our eyes at each other.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    omg, yes :facepalm:

And the dramatic cliche of Rick tossing the sword to Michonne. That episode just didnt work for me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. vasteeler

vasteeler Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2016
    WORST EPISODE EVER!!!!!!!!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    OMG Blast how did you know? I will say this if the rest of this years show didn't stink so bad this would have been a puke fest for me. But since they decide they don't need to show the main characters half the time I liked this better than most this season....but that isn't saying much.

I want to ask you a question, pick a show any other show you watch and tell me how many times the main character was not shown? I am gonna guess never the main character in every show I watch is in every episode, that has been my problem this season. I don't care about Tara, Rosita or any of the 2nd & 3rd level characters if it don't involve Rich, Daryl, Michonne, Carol, Maggie, Carl and even Morgan. They could have done the back stories a whole lot different while still keeping the main group involved and not making this season a snooze fest.

Oh one more thing people love these back stories, well where the heck is the Negan back story? That alone probably could have taken half the season while still keeping viewers tuned in. Speaking of viewers, I know you think I have been hard on the Walking Dead but just look at the ratings for proof. They are dropping fast, I am a fan of the show and I have watched it all. I don't read the comics I do watch the talking dead after the show but I have went from a guy who with his family got all jacked up for Sunday night to a guy who just watches the show now........:smiley1:

But anyways back to the topic, compared to what I have saw so far this season I didn't mind this weeks show........

17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    You're funny NY! Give you an inch and you take a mile :roflmao:

Sorry, not joining your ranks. Still loving the show and look forward to it every week!

• Like Like x 1
  18. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, that worked for the chainsaw in Evil Dead, where it was supposed to be cheesy, yet still awesome, but for TWD, it was pretty lame.

19. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Maybe we have become so jaded at this point that noting really captures our interest. I mean, Rick almost dies but pulls off a trick not seen since "America got Talent", 2 main actors take on a Hoard, and a major win is scored with a windfall of weapons and food! Then we get to see some 50 Shades of Grey style sex while surrounded by hundreds of zombies!

:rolleyes:

20. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm really mostly with NY STEELERFAN on this season. You can show me stats of how many people are still tuning in, but I (along with NY obviously) are among those who still tune in, but we're still feeling pretty disappointed, so stats like that don't mean much. It just means people are watching, not necessarily loving/liking it.

Most of my friends who watch the show feel the same way my wife and I do about this season. We still love the show and are hoping for a recovery, but this is the first year I stopped being excited for TWD each week since the show started. I still look forward to watching, but the same level of excitement just isn't there. That isn't to say that there haven't been some good moments this year, they've just been too few and far between and they've been littered throughout some pretty mediocre filler.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Only 2 episodes have been disappointing for me this season, Sundays and Taras episode. I was even ok with Carols introduction to the Kingdom episode. Im liking it, loved Daryls first episode in Negans camp, the first time Negan and his man show up in Alexandria, the one where Carl stupidly goes to try and kill Negan, the follow up episode where Spencer is killed and Eugene taken, Eugenes episode at Negans camp, loved all those.

But Richonne and Taras, thumbs down :thumbsdown:

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    They keep doing crap they should have learned better than to do already!

They even said watch the roof! And they still stood right next to each other and didn't pay attention!

Why is he not even worried about his kids?

No way they grabbed all the stuff in that van in one trip, so why not go back and tell everyone what you found so you can come back with help?

Didn't mind the episode, but they went back to nobody learning any lessons!

Ready for Rosita to die! She makes no sense! Blaming everyone else for her errors. No recognition that if they fail then they just put the entire Alezandria in danger and they're not ready yet!

23. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, I have to agree about Rosita. I liked her character when her and Abe first showed up, but now she's the first one I'd like to see gone. Nothing about her character this season makes any sense. It's like watching a kid who was just fine revert in maturity about 10 years.

24. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Im sure its because she is emotionally damaged watching what happened to Abe but I dont care. Her brash illogical approach is dangerous and has gotten Olivia killed and Eugene taken by Negan.

She doesn't listen to anyone, stupid "tough" girl.

25. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    I like that she's damaged and going off the deep end. I'd expect to see that type of nihilistic behavior from far more people under the circumstances. So many of them are remaining sane in the wake of a few years of utter insanity.