1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Walking Dead (no comics spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Ray D, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Ha! I read that the episode was all about Tara before I had time to watch it, and I had to Google Tara to be sure she was who I thought she was.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I think walking dead needs to end soon

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm all about girl power and all that, but those Oceanside women, with the exception of Cindy, were ug-leee. :lolol:

I didn't hate the episode. The best part for me was when Tara flipped off Rachel. Haha! Rachel is the female version of Carl.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. Guest

Guest Guest

Really good episode tonight, in my opinion. They showed a little bit of everyone except Carol and her canoodling (credit to @Blast Furnace) at The Kingdom and the Hilltop gang, which I'm totally okay with.

I am very much enjoying the exchanges between Negan and Olivia. You get him, Olivia! Rawr! :applaud: :lolol:

I'm scared for Judith. Negan is freakin' insane. His cult reminds me of Jim Jones and Jonestown.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Negan is cracking me up with Olivia, he's just mean :lolol:

I agree, LadySteel, when I saw Negan holding Judith I was like ohhh nooo. What if he decides to take her, as a way to keep Rick and Alexandria even more in line. Will Rick allow that? In the coming attractions, Rick is distressed and looks to be crying, why?

Next week should be pretty intense, midseason finale.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Carl's acting wasn't convincing me. Also, you have an opportunity to seal the deal and you don't?

The stupidity continues, with every one of Ricks group doing their own thing/agenda. I guess they figure a lone wolf approach is what is going to get them places.

The only one that made sense was Eugene!

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Yeah... Carl went to The Sanctuary with the specific mission to kill Negan, and then, when Negan was standing right in front of him, he didn't take the shot. :doh:

Negan's followers don't respect him. They fear him.

This entire scenario reminds me of The Governor's storyline. Wash, rinse, and repeat.

Just shoot the SOB!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    My wife and I are getting to the point that we're tired of everyone being so afraid of Negan that they won't take the opportunity to kill him when they have the chance. At least 4 or 5 characters have been in a situation where they could have killed Negan, but the don't because "fear." Yeah, yeah, I get it, they're all scared and the bad guys have huge numbers, but as Lady Steel said, his followers are following him because they're scared. I know the fear of Negan is supposed to be so great that no one would dare try to take him out, but there have been too many opportunities where someone could have (Rick a couple of times, Carl) and there are implied ways it could happen (one of them women could take him out while he's distracted when they're being intimate).

• Like Like x 1
  9. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Very very true and you have to wonder if Rick or one of the other members of this group would kill Negan why wouldn't they be scare of him???? Also they spent most of this season showing back stories on all these other group why didn't they show a back story on Negan? What do we really know about him, he has a bat and he bashed Glenn and Abe....ok so why is all his followers scared of him? A back story on the whole Dwight and Negan thing would have been great, instead we got several snore fest shows of different groups.

I don't read the comics so I have no clue about how bad Negan is so is this show for the viewer or the comic reader? I know I have complain a lot about this season but come on a back story on Negan would have been awesome and kept the viewers interested and ratings up. I am fine with the back story on these other groups we have all talked about that before but man am I the only one who feels like they let one get away with a Negan back story?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    How do you guys think dictators stay in power for so long. Fear is a very powerful motivator.

As for Carl, yeah, they probably should have had someone disarm him before Negan stepped into sight. As you guys said, that was why Carl specifically went there.

And don't think Daryl or Rick wouldn't bash Negans head into little bloody bits if they thought they could do it without his men killing everyone. They aren't afraid of him but of the lives that may be lost if A) they fail or B) Not knowing how loyal or not his men are to him. And even if they aren't loyal to him, the next person that takes the lead may be worse.

They need to take on his whole army, cutting off the head won't be enough.

War is coming.

• Like Like x 1
  11. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    No, I completely understand and get that. I just don't think the show is portraying it in a way that makes it believable in this case. I understand that this is how Negan is supposed to be viewed, it's just that Rick is completely out of character for how he's been the entire series so far, and I'd say that there have been several instances where someone could have killed Negan without a ton of his men witnessing. And I think a lot (not all) of his men would cheer even if they did see it. At least how it's being portrayed on the TV show.

Don't get me wrong, I love the show. But this season has been a struggle for me. I also read the comics, but I'm much further behind there (just past the prison battle) so I haven't read the Negan arc yet, but I'm interested to see how Rick is portrayed at this point in the comics.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Another thing I wanted to ask about this past week, did anyone catch on that yet another reference to a hand being cut off? I can't remember just what it said but it was when Negan had carl and he asked him what he should do about Carl killing his men? I know there was talk on here about Rick getting him hand cut off in the comics and I thought Negan was going to cut it off in the 1st week in the rv. Then the whole Negan almost going it to Carl in front of Rick and aganin last week. I have a feeling it is coming or the writers are messing with us. Thoughts?

Also I love the show but this season has turned the love to just like. I still watch every week but I no longer am pumped up for Sunday night..........:(

13. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    There's some dialog that works in a comic book and plots that work in a comic book, but just don't work in live action.

I think the actions of the individuals splitting off to do their own thing is one of them. They maintained a small group sticking together and planning things out when they got to Alexandria, but now they're not talking about the overall strategy?

I think they needed to show them sitting down after the head bashing and coming to a consensus that they're going to play along while looking for a way to break out. That's been their M.O. since Terminus! Now they've reverted to "I'll do it myself!". Makes no sense that you think one bullet for a gun that's not even the same caliber is going to be enough or one person in a truck going to the compound will solve it.

Not going to believe the Carl story arc they're going for, when he put his sister in danger.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    Welllll... I definitely got what I asked for, back when I wanted to see Negan slowly psychologically, and physically torture the members of the group...

Dude is brutal, and one hell of a great character on the show...

And yet, I strongly agree with those who have said leadership by fear only takes you so far...

I really can`t understand why Carl didn`t take the shot, when he had it, and he went there for that express purpose, or others, who have had the chance before(Rick holding Lucille in his hand, after Negan turned his back on him, and they went to the armory, pretty much alone.. for example),

No matter how bad-ass the dude is, he has to sleep sometime, and he took one of his "faithful`s" wife, and probably burned his face with a hot iron, previously???!!!

Really?!?!? The last episode just had me screaming at the tv, "There are HOW MANY of you, and ONE of him???"???

And NONE of you has the balls to stand up to him??? The teenager tried, and then wussed out!!!

I also think he only has MAYBE 5 people that are truly loyal to him, and the rest would be happy to be free of him...

Oh well, it is what it is, and I was glad to see an intense episode, after the snoozer where we met "the oceanside community", or whatever they are called...

I also would like to see a "back-story" on how he came to power, but not at this point in the season...

I hate that they take "midseason breaks"...

But at least it should be interesting to see how Rick takes it, when he sees Judith on Negan`s lap...

My stomach curdled, esp, after seeing him talk to the young girl that resembled Enid...

"Don`t cheat on me"...

That bastard needs to be taken out, and I don`t buy that it needs to be an army against his army...

Just assasinate him. Cut the head off the snake, and the snake will die.
    Give Abraham his vengance....

Should be an interesting couple episodes, before the break, and you can bet they will leave us hanging at the break...

I Will be back after the break!

Still a good show.

GO STEELERS!

15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I so strongly disagree with most everything you guys are complaining about. Yes, it was stupid to have Carl wuss out, should have disarmed him first but come on, did any of you really want him to shoot him there? Holly crap, how anticlimactic that would have been, give me a break guys.

And Bleed, really, cut of the head of the snake and the rest would die? WTH? Why??? Do any of those people strike you as warm and cuddly? They may or may not be loyal to Negan but why the heck would someone not want to take his place and keep the gravy train going? Really? Wow. Don't believe it all you want but the battle is coming and it's not going to be some lame one on one with Negan, not until after all the guns blazing anyway.

I think the season is great with 2 episodes that were ho hum. I hate seeing Rick behaving this way but it's such a change of pace that it's brilliant. And it will be so awesome when he's back on top.

You could see this coming, I did anyway, Rick and the others were too cocky and sure of themselves when told about Negan, they were like, ok, we'll go take them out. Not only did they fail badly but are now working for Negan. I think it's brilliant, loving every minute of it and the build up to the big fight.

And because I did something I never do, look at a spoiler, the moment in the show when the line is drawn in the sand is going to be a great scene. Oh man I can't wait.

:popcorn:

16. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    The problem with the Carl in the Truck scene was that it wasn't realistic. The only reason he was there was to take out Negan. He had no issues killing a couple of his men, but when he had the opportunity to kill Negan, he just stopped. I'm not saying that Carl should have taken out Negan right then and there (that would not make for good story telling), but the director or writer should have had him disarmed before Negan showed up. I think this was just an oversight in production and makes you go: "well that didn't make any sense". I also didn't buy Negan using his men as a human shield when trying to talk Carl down for the same reason: Carl had no issue shooting his men a couple seconds earlier. They screwed that scene up badly.

That said, I had no issue when Rick had the opportunity to kill Negan and didn't. There was different motivating factors in that case; fear for others and his broken mental capacity of what had transpired with Glen and Abe.

• Like Like x 1
  17. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Nope, I absolutely don't think Carl should have shot him there. It just should have unfolded differently or should have been removed altogether. I think niterider's idea of having him disarmed before he got there would have been much better.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I agreed with that part, I said as much. Both of you skimmed my post :lolol:

19. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm sure they will show backstory on Negan at some point just like they did with The Governor.

Hang in there with us and enjoy the ride. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Guest

Guest Guest

You're not alone. I noticed it, too. I was thinking they are either trying to prepare us for it, or they are going to do the complete opposite and not do it, but are still giving the graphic novel fans a nod that they haven't forgotten about it by still making reference to it. Time will tell.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Guest

Guest Guest

Something I've been thinking about...

Negan has all those women in his harem. He's apparently the stud of the zombie apocalypse. His wife, Sherry, took a pregnancy test which was negative. I haven't noticed any of his other women being pregnant, nor have I heard him say thus far that he had/has any children.

I hope it turns out that Negan is sterile. It would be epic! :roflmao:

22. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Oops, I actually did read your whole post, but I read his afterward and when I was typing I associated that with the last thing I had read. :tongue: That would have definitely been the best way for it to have played out.

• Like Like x 1
  23. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I am trying and I am not gonna stop watching but I will say this the "new car" feeling is wearing off. I am sure this week will be great and pull me back in but as of right now I am no longer super pumped for the show. :(

24. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Yeah. The mid season finale will be Negan's back story. :hehehe:

25. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    No, the mid season finale with be all about Aaron's travels. :roflmao:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2