1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Walking Dead (no comics spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Ray D, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Man, am not liking seeing Rick neutered like this! He so wanted to bash Negans head in.

Negans reaction to Father Gabriel was hilarious, definitely a great bad guy.

But he is not going to be happy when he finds out they lied about Maggie. Someone will get Lucified.

2. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    That episode was hard to watch. It was very good, but I was gritting my teeth through every minute. Neagan's last line to Rick was priceless.

The thing about the Saviors is - who is the heir apparent? If someone were to snipe Neagan's head off, maybe they'd have a civil war as several lieutenants vie for control.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

I got nothin' but love for ya, Ray. :)

It broke my heart when Daryl had to watch/listen to gross Dwight ride off on his bike. :(

Negan is ruthless. Making Rick hold the weapon he used to kill his two friends. Geeeeesh...

Negan's last line to Rick made me think, "What an a-hole!" Haha! I'm loving to hate the character. It's sooo good.

4. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    An iconic comics line. Maybe a tad paraphrased - I can't quite recall the exact words in the comics. I'm a little surprised they got that one past the censors.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I was surprised, too. It was pretty much exactly from the comics.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

This is the exact way I felt, a good episode but had me wanting to jump thru the screen and grab that stupid bat and start swinging..........I am loving that at least the one liners didn't end with ABE. I still and pissed when didn't see the groups reaction as they came back from seeing Glenn and ABe die. IDK but this is very important to me I need to see Maggie and what her reaction is........

This was better than the last 2 weeks but I still wanted more, and holy crap how about the Judith bombshell. Where the hell did that come from, it took me by surprise so much that I couldn't even react.......

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Did I miss something? The only thing I heard about Judith was something we already knew, and that we knew Rick knew but didn't want to openly admit or talk about. Or do you mean the fact that he finally opened up about it?

8. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I was wondering the same, I always assumed Judith was Shanes. I think it's the later, my friend said as much, she was surprised he admitted it.

9. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Love negan. Just wondering when he will get back to Sam and dean

• Like Like x 1
  10. Guest

Guest Guest

I wasn't surprised by the Judith "reveal" either.

Has anyone else heard about the online rumor that's going around that Daryl was communicating with Rick using morse code via the blinking of his eyes?

I did notice the morse code board in the house, but never put the two together.

Apparently, someone on Reddit deciphered Daryl's message as
    I,E,A,S,T

• Like Like x 2
  11. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Surprised he admitted it and TWD couldn't find a way to make it into a bigger reveal. I am not sure Rick ever accepted that she wasn't his, IDK I guess it caught me by surprise cause it just came out of the blue......

12. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I saw this on facebook but didn't read it. I am trying to keep as much as a surprise. I haven't read the comics so I have no history about the show only what I watch and talk about here. I did look before the premier cause I just could help myself anymore but just to see what other fans were saying......which is a bad thing cause most of the fans on facebook have read the comics and let a lot of stuff out.

13. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    That's brilliant!

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I hadn't heard that, but I watched a couple of clips on YouTube after reading your post. This is really cool.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011

• Like Like x 2
  16. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    That is some great story telling. Hats off to LadySteel for noticing the board and whoever noticed what Daryl was doing.

I was totally oblivious to both those things.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Uh Oh, NYsteel is just going to hate this episode :lolol:

But on the bright side, LadySteel wasn't subjected to Carol and his majesty canoodling in her shack.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  18. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    You got that right.........:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

19. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Really didn't like this episode.

The Connections they were trying to make just seemed stale to me.

Also, did they just get hit with the Walking Dead Stupid Ray gun again?

Teen angst in the zombie apocalypse. The Boy shot his own mother and grew up watching all kinds of crap and he can't stop and think about a rational plan?

All of a sudden it's super difficult to kill a single "Walker" again? You're frozen in fear again?

Let's just skate on this perfectly asphalted road in skates that are just the right size holding hands....

Hilltop is the place dumb people go to sleep with a broken gate and no look-outs?

You'd think they'd want to keep Maggie's presence there known to as few people as possible.

What is the plan for getting out of the mess at the end? How do you know when it's safe to get out of that mess? Also, no lookouts?

No discussion of what Michonne found at the end of the last episode? No, secret inner circle meeting about long term extrication from Negan's thumb?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Don't know if Hiltop has guards at the gate or not but it wouldn't of mattered, it was Negans men who lit the fires and put the music car in there.

The end of the previous episode, its believed that Daryl was communicating with Rick to where Negans camp is. The end of Sundays episode, Jesus and Carl are going to find the location as well. So a couple things in motion to ending Negan.

21. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    You don't think they see these guys rolling a car into the middle of the town and lighting fires? Or at least approaching and wake some folks up? I guess you could get away with "They knew it was Negan's men, so they just let them in and were told to keep quiet"

Yes I get that. But think about the logistics of hiding where they're hiding with no way of knowing when to make a break for it, because the first thing they're going to do is unload...

22. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Thats the whole premises that they have been setting up, when Negans men come knocking, you let them in and do whatever they want. Theres also the possibility that they thought Negans and his men were dead but you'd think Sasha would have warned them of that when they got there.

Jesus is ninja like sneaky, Carls lucky he showed up. I really don't know what Carl is doing, other than potentially getting someone Lucilefied. He's not as good or as tough as he thinks he is. Seems like Jesus has done this before.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    There's zero way they get all that set up quietly. The gate alone squeaks.

All i'm saying is if you jump into the back of a truck in a convoy. How the hell do you know when it's safe to get out? You definitely can't wait for them to unload the truck as it's too late by then. Do you wait until you here a gate? so you just jump out in plain view of the gate and any lookouts?

On the Carl thing. One walker spooks Enid into frozen fright? Carl has to pull an amatuer Fear the Walking dead season one car smash to stop one walker? Also, what haven't they learned about frollicing down the center of a road in broad daylight not paying attention to anyone but each other puppy dog eyes holding hands...not to mention how did they get there so quick?

At some point the hard learned lessons have to be applied with these people!

I get it, they needed some love stories, but none of this stuff seems earned from what they've given us.

24. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Who said they sneaked? Like Negan said, its a tough pill to swallow but swallow it you will. Hilltop surely has swallowed it. So has every other community.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    The show showed it.

Everyone popping into the windows after the music started blaring with surprised looks said they snuck in and did all of it.

Would have been believable if they had crashed the gate with the car. But somehow they set multiple fires and put a car right in the center of the courtyard and then turned the speakers on. I suspend disbelief with this show because I know "zombies" etc., but they keep falling back on the stupidity of the survivors not learning lessons to drive the tension and it irritates me. They have other ways, hell even if they nodded to the stupidity I'd be satisfied.

• Agree Agree x 1