1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Walking Dead (no comics spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Ray D, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    No. No, man. S**t, no, man. I believe you'd get your ass kicked for something like that, man.

2. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Hmmmmm.... as far as who's playing her, I've only seen unconfirmed reports. If it is indeed [spoiler:34l1ur7b]Rutina Wesley[/spoiler:34l1ur7b], I'm really not sure how I feel about that. I HATED her character on... [spoiler:34l1ur7b]True Blood[/spoiler:34l1ur7b] and actually cheered when [spoiler:34l1ur7b]she got her brains blown out[/spoiler:34l1ur7b].

Then again, the actress herself seems sweet, and will absolutely look the part. I just hope she doesn't channel [spoiler:34l1ur7b]Tara. Seriously. The bad attitude for the sake of bad attitude act is OLD.[/spoiler:34l1ur7b]

3. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Yeah, that's who I read was cast for the part. I don't know, I thought she played the part rather well. Though, I won't argue that her character was annoying. I didn't read your third spoiler, because I haven't seen a whole lot of that series. We have all the seasons on blu ray, but haven't gotten around to watching all that many of them. The more I think of it though, the more I think she could be a big hit or a big miss. We'll see soon enough. :)

4. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Yes! I thought of the Office Space scene right away, while they were still getting out of the truck. The music was even playing in my head throughout. Couldn't have been an accident, unless the director has Office Space bedsheets or something and let it seep into his subconscious.

5. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    Okay, so Merle is in fact possibly still alive. I couldn't remember. In that case, he'll definitely be back. Gee, I wonder if he'll meet up with T-Dog again???? NAAAAAAAH!

The answer isn't really a spoiler, but I'm hiding it anyway in case people really want to wait until the show eventually explains it:

[spoiler:awfryro8]Everyone on Earth is already infected. Everyone. You don't have to be bitten or scratched. You could go without ever seeing a zombie. All that matters is you die with your brain intact. When you die, you come back.[/spoiler:awfryro8]

Slight spoiler: [spoiler:awfryro8]Supposedly we'll find out that that is what Jenner whispered to Rick at the CDC next week. Rick has been keeping that info to himself.[/spoiler:awfryro8][/quote:awfryro8]
    Okay, so it sounds like they do have a reason, but haven't explained it yet. I was lost, because all 4 characters that discovered the non-bitten non-scratched human-killed zombies didn't seem that surprised or confused! I guess there might have been some of that with Daryll and Glen, but I assumed their "looks" were more about the fact that [spoiler:awfryro8]Shane had obviously killed the kid and lied about everything.[/spoiler:awfryro8]

6. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    [spoiler:323mn2mo]Thanks[/spoiler:323mn2mo][spoiler:323mn2mo]for hiding[/spoiler:323mn2mo][spoiler:323mn2mo]all those[/spoiler:323mn2mo][spoiler:323mn2mo]spoilers.[/spoiler:323mn2mo][spoiler:323mn2mo]I also try to stay away from real spoilers, so I have no idea who you guys are talking about. So far it works, because everything on TWD has been a surprise so far.[/spoiler:323mn2mo][spoiler:323mn2mo]But I like Rutina a lot. Her character was raised to be crazy so I understand, although I admit I was hoping she would "recover" from all the crap that happened to her (in her childhood and on the show) and become a functioning person and not such a lunatic.[/spoiler:323mn2mo][spoiler:323mn2mo]But she's super hot in my book, so I can't wait for her to turn up here![/spoiler:323mn2mo] [spoiler:323mn2mo]Oh,[/spoiler:323mn2mo] [spoiler:323mn2mo]by[/spoiler:323mn2mo][spoiler:323mn2mo]the[/spoiler:323mn2mo][spoiler:323mn2mo]way[/spoiler:323mn2mo] [spoiler:323mn2mo]....[/spoiler:323mn2mo] [spoiler:323mn2mo].............................[/spoiler:323mn2mo][spoiler:323mn2mo]Never[/spoiler:323mn2mo][spoiler:323mn2mo]mind[/spoiler:323mn2mo][spoiler:323mn2mo],[/spoiler:323mn2mo] [spoiler:323mn2mo]I[/spoiler:323mn2mo][spoiler:323mn2mo]forgot[/spoiler:323mn2mo][spoiler:323mn2mo]![/spoiler:323mn2mo] [spoiler:323mn2mo]:dancing:[/spoiler:323mn2mo]

7. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    The video game has registered witg xbox live and psn so normally its about 6 weeks and they will give us a release date. I wonder if it is going to be like an online world becuase that would be sweet.

8. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    :roflmao: :dizzy: :noose:

9. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Our worst fear has been realized...the spoiler button has fallen into the wrong hands. Hug your loved ones tight. :lolol:
    J/K Snack. I enjoy your creative use of the spoiler button. :thumbs_up:

10. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    [spoiler:2tv1tbht]MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!![/spoiler:2tv1tbht]

11. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
  12. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    This is probably better off in the suggestion forum, but since we're on the subject of the spoiler format...

On other forums, the ["spoiler] function blacks out the text like a redaction. A click or highlight will expose it. But that allows the poster to redact a small line while keeping a full paragraph intact, etc. Any chance we could go with that format? Or would that require different software?

I know Snack was teasing my overabundance of spoilers cutting up an overall message. :) Fair play. but a redaction format would make it look and seem less cumbersome maybe?

13. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    I was indeed teasing, but I didn't mind all the spoiler clicks at all. It was kind of fun. Like a treasure hunt! It's pretty rare that anyone really uses them. Even your "overabundance" was only like three clicks. If it's any remote kind of hassle at all -- or even just work -- I'd say there's no need to change it.

14. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Hmm, I'm not quite sure Ray. It's probably possible, but I can't quite picture what you mean. I've seen some pretty slick 'content hiders' out there, but none for this forum software. I customized the ones here with some bbcode and CSS. Next time you come across an example of what you mean, shoot me a link if you wouldn't mind. (Either here or PM, whatever you prefer) :)

15. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    I could be wrong, but I think he just means that you have to run the mouse over the spoiler in order to show what is hidden underneath, instead of actually clicking it. The way it looks is a little different too, because there isn't that big gap in the text. It just covers up the words you want hidden, as if someone took a sharpie to the screen. I think it's like that on IMDB. There, instead of being "blacked out" it's covered up with something that looks like this:

"Hmmmmm.... as far as who's playing her, I've only seen unconfirmed reports. If it is indeed SPOILER! SPOILER! I'm really not sure how I feel about that. I HATED her character on SPOILER! SPOILER! and actually cheered when SPOILER! SPOILER! SPOILER! SPOILER!"

Then when you roll the mouse over the words, it will show you what it says. But really, ours is fine. I only come across the need to click the spoiler button like once a month on average. I'm not THAT lazy.

16. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    So, I had a chance to play around with this earlier today. While it's not finished, I think it's in the ballpark of what you're thinking of Ray.

I didn't add the button to the toolbar yet, because it still needs more work. The spoiler is revealed as you mouseover below~

[spoiler2:1s6i8ff3]Was I the only one[/spoiler2:1s6i8ff3] who was [spoiler2:1s6i8ff3]yelling at the tv during that final scene with Rick and Shane?[/spoiler2:1s6i8ff3] LMK what you think of it. :)

17. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Nice. A little different than some I've seen, but no 2 sites are the same anyway. I've seen rollovers, clicks, and even highlights. I like it. You have to admit it does save space.

18. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm not sure if I yelled or not, but I sure was thinking quite loudly. What were you yelling?

19. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    It does. I think I'd prefer it were activated by click, but I guess mousing over has its benefits as well. I've seen highlight spoilers, and I think they are a little tedious personally. The code for this spoiler is-

Code:
    [spoiler2] text [/spoiler2]
    I don't exactly remember, but I'd say words of encouragement for Rick, mixed in with a couple expletives would be a good way to summarize it. :innocent:
    I believe I also may have said something about adding a couple headshots for good measure (which was obviously sage advice). :)

20. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    Haha, me too. "It's about [bleep]in' time! Don't stop, he's still alive! Now the head! Hit him in the eyes! Yes! Yes! Kill that mother..."

21. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    I think we've found the "Shane" of the animal world.

[youtube:jy2t7tsk]kQ_7GtE529M[/youtube:jy2t7tsk]

22. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Looks like those reports were wrong.

After the finale, on "The Talking Dead," they announced who has officially been cast to play Michonne. It's this girl:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1775091/

She was on Treme, but I never watched it, so I'm not familiar with her.

Oh, and [spoiler2:2ycypvb8]I told ya so. ;)[/spoiler2:2ycypvb8] :D

23. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Interesting. I'm not familiar with her, either. Michonne sure knows how to make an entrance, huh?

24. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Very cool.

I need to find out where Herschel got his shotgun. I need one that can fire 30 times without a reload. :)

25. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    HA! I was commenting on that very magical shotgun to my wife as we were watching. 'Damn, where's he keeping all those rounds?' :lolol: