1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Walking Dead (no comics spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Ray D, Oct 24, 2011.

1. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    [spoiler:1c7k6z4c]Here, here! She's really not doing her gender any favors. I like the new chick! Although passing notes was about the stupidest thing she could do. Couldn't wait 15 minutes for dinner to end and then talk about it? Or maybe like a wink? That'd probably do the trick. And yeah, the day Daryl had is probably up there among worst days ever. He even got yelled at for stealing the horse.[/spoiler:1c7k6z4c]

2. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    [spoiler:33km3xle]Yeah, that new chick is pretty damn cute. I do wonder why Daryl hasn't just said screw it and left. Merle was kinda right, he doesn't owe them anything. Questions I do have are will be be able to find any arrows and can we move on from the little girl yet? Although I guess the girl is keepin them there, so perhaps she's a mean to an ends.[/spoiler:33km3xle]

3. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    Tonight's show (11/20):

[spoiler:3dsfl19m]I'm not one to bag on women, but the blonde and the new chick (I think Andrea and Maggie?) are driving me crazy! The blonde risks her life and Shane's because she never played Duck Hunt and just now found out how fun it is (but not worth dying for you moron), and Maggie invites herself along to the store, doesn't scope out the place or bring a weapon, gets attacked and rescued, and then blames the rescuer and the chick who needed the stuff he volunteered to get before she tagged along. And she doesn't just blame them, she screams at them as if they had just stolen her *****! Then she goes on some weird hardly sensical rant with a kiss in the middle. These two are really not doing their gender any favors!

The only rational woman in the whole episode was the one who took abortion pills on a sudden impulse without thinking it through and then throwing them up. And she's the one with a head on her shoulders. What's that tell you?

In fairness to the ladies, if Shane had said that stuff to me I'd have shot him in the head, and I was impressed that Andrea did not. He was being a poophead, to say the least.[/spoiler:3dsfl19m]

4. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    [spoiler:1qfkvozh]And I have one thing to say about Andrea tonight: I don't care if you're man, woman,straight, gay or whatever the hell Justin Beiber is. If you didn't think Andrea was SMOKING hot tonight, you need your eyes checked. The camera really loved her tonight.

That said, a friend of mine has read the comics. He won't spoil anything for me. But one thing he's said since last year is that Andrea disappoints him because in the comics, she's a "badass, hardcore, gun toting, eagle eyed marksman, hot chick." Looks like we just got Andrea's origin story. ;) Hopefully, they keep her annoying traits at bay now, and focus on the new Andrea.

Incoming fecal matter to fan on the farm soon methinks.[/spoiler:1qfkvozh]

5. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    [spoiler:2q5jveci]She's hot, but I'm not over the moon for her. She's not in Maggie's league in terms of looks for my taste, and Maggie's catching up in terms of crazy. But the move she put on Shane in the car -- that's my kind of woman. A move like that is enough to turn Eleanor Roosevelt into Scarlett Johansson in 0.39 seconds.

Hopefully she does transform into some kind of badass, who is unannoying and unstupid.[/spoiler:2q5jveci]

6. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm not sure how I'll feel about this even though I called it among friends a few weeks ago...

This is a major spoiler. Click at your own peril.

[spoiler:300wc7cx]I mean it. Big spoiler for next week.

7. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    [spoiler:2vtza4ug]It's about damn time! I can't tell you how much this girl was ticking me off. I just wanted some kind of resolution.
    Looks like she's coming from the barn, though. I wonder if she was there the whole time?

And another side note, doesn't she look like ten years older just with that makeup on? Until I saw the t shirt I didn't think it was the same girl.[/spoiler:2vtza4ug]

8. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Argh...must...resist...temptation...

9. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    [spoiler:2s2kazr2]The suspicious side of me almost wonders if this is a hoax. As for being there the whole time? I would assume so. Which means Herschel was letting them keep searching for a girl he damned well knew was a walker... most likely to keep them from killing her.[/spoiler:2s2kazr2]

10. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Hehehehe...

You can click it after Sunday and we'll see if it's real. ;)

11. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    <sigh> I guess I can wait. :glare: :p
    I need a pacing smiley...

12. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm going to make life even more difficult for you. :evil:

What I posted as a spoiler, I actually did predict (half right anyway) in one of the earliest posts. And it isn't hidden by a spoiler. :hehehe:

So now you can't peek at the beginnings of this thread either. :roflmao:

13. VA_Black&Gold

VA_Black&Gold Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    [spoiler:7p2ny6o7]I am starting to think someone is going to kill Dale. He's one of the nicest people in the group, but he almost tends to be too matter of fact about what he thinks about people. Not that it's a bad thing, but he keeps getting on the wrong side of folks. And how anticlimactic when Lori finally told Rick about the "affair" and pregnancy. Forced into it by her evidence, then he kind of wussed out about it. I don't know, I am trying to like him as the leader, but he just comes across as weak more often than not.[/spoiler:7p2ny6o7]

14. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    You're a cruel man, Ray. :lolol:
    The spoiler button may be the single best and worst thing I've done here. :hmmm:

15. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Ok, I'll add this~ I did reread some of the earlier posts, and if you're talking about the girl...I think you're half right. :p

16. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Uhhh... yeah. 'Twas no hoax.

17. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    [spoiler:17sqwt7i]I'm satisfied with the ending this week. Even though it's his land, Herschel had to realize that keeping the walkers was just a bad move. I think Shane repeatedly shooting them in the chest illustrated his point beautifully. The previews for next season make it appear as though they are still on the farm. I'm curious if Herschel realizes he needs Ricks group as much as they need him.

One thing I did ask myself though is when did Otis capture the girl? There wasn't much time from when she went missing until Ricks son was shot.[/spoiler:17sqwt7i]

18. VA_Black&Gold

Nov 14, 2011
    [spoiler:1pvwmcuz]Thoughts...

I'm not unconvinced Hershel will be dying himself in order for them to stay on the farm. And I can't believe that Dale is long destined for life either at this point.
    Man, Shane just keeps getting scarier every episode.
    Rick's son is annoying me to no end at this point, and I wouldn't be surprised if Lori's baby doesn't make it to see the light of day. (oooh, how about a Day of the Dead version with her getting bitten and the baby being a zombie? lol)[/spoiler:1pvwmcuz]

I don't want to wait until February!

19. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Uhhh... yeah. 'Twas no hoax.[/quote:2zkylcrg]
    I'm glad I didn't look. :)
    [spoiler:2zkylcrg]Didn't see that one coming exactly. Did everyone else have that aha moment when they started slowly panning back to the barn? Somewhat surprising that Rick was the one to pull the trigger. Good point about the timeline of capturing the girl. It's kind of one of those 'we hope you don't think about it too much' plot twists.[/spoiler:2zkylcrg]

20. VA_Black&Gold

Nov 14, 2011
    [spoiler:af63ne7s]Wait, how do you know Otis captured her? Did I miss someone saying that?[/spoiler:af63ne7s]

21. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    [spoiler:3fg06t8u]Herschel told Rick that capturing the walkers was always Otis' job. But now that he's dead, they have to do it. On "The Talking Dead," Robert Kirkman confirmed that Otis was the one to put Sophia in the barn.[/spoiler:3fg06t8u]

Out of curiosity, at what point are these no longer spoilers?

22. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Ha, good question. I think it's probably safe now. :)

23. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    Yeah, as fun as the spoiler button is, it is kind of a pain to have to click every single post to read it. I think it's probably safe to say things "out loud" as long as they've already been aired. I didn't get a chance to watch Sunday's episode until last night, and so I was sure not to open this thread, just in case.

That said, you must use the button for anything unaired or about the future, including theories! Even if you're just "calling it," I don't want to hear it!

24. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    SO glad I didn't look. Thanks for the triple warning, because I clicked the first two before coming to my senses.

I definitely did not see the whole thing coming. I only figured it out once they starting showing that someone was still in the barn. I had figured if she was in there, Hershel and the gang woulda said something. 'You're missing a 10 year old girl? That's funny, because..." I can understand them keeping it a secret at first, but after they discovered the walkers they should have said something. Unless they didn't know. But supposing Otis got her, you'd expect that either he would have mentioned the fact that he got a little girl (the rest were all adults), or it would have come up to him that they were missing a little girl and he would have said something. I guess they'll explain it in the next episode, but I'm not expecting much in the way of an explanation.

Oh well. Artistic license. It was a great ending. :popcorn:

25. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm not 100% positive, but I don't believe they mentioned yet that they were searching for a girl before Otis left with Shane for medical supplies. If that's the case, then he had no reason to mention it (especially since Herschel wanted the barn kept quiet), and we know he never came back.

"Went for supplies with Shane" is going to be a euphemism soon. ;)