1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

~ The VaSteel Pickem Game- Week 16~

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Dec 18, 2013.

1. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    sarge, you're looking good again.:applaud::cool:

3. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Congrads to Coastal Steeler. I think he has got this week locked. That makes him a landslide winner in number of weeks won and he is only 3 behind in most wins for the season. Weeks won is his and he will wind up a close second in total wins. That is the good news. The bad news is there is no money to be won for number of week or total wins but it has been fun. I think we pay our respects to the founder of this contest who has pasted on and we should say thanks to TTF for picking the contest up and managing it. It has got to be some work and effort to handle this every week.

4. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Yep Mac. I can't be caught this week either. Thanks

5. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Wait!! we're playing for nuttin? I play to be hanging out with you guys. That's good enough for me. And if Haley shows at the family reunion this summer I can ask him to pay for my smart picks. Right after I meet his for the first time.

6. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    maybe next year TTF will let us send him 20 bucks each and we could play for something.
    That would make things much more interesting!

7. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Good point. It would really be great if we could have some more people playing.

8. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I do intend to send a prize to the winner, but I don't plan on making it a money pool. I believe the way the pickem started and some of the bugs with the new way of doing it attributed to the turnout. I'll work on perfecting it during the offseason. :)

9. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    I must be like you, playing to hang out with you guys and that must be good enough for me too. It would just be a little more interesting if a little money was involved. Again, congrats for having so many weekly winners.

10. bigsteelerfaninky

Oct 24, 2011
    Cool thanks TTF for doing it
    hope you didn't think I wanted you to pay the winner that was not my intention we would send the money and u would just be the money holder LOL

11. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    I am against the money pool too guys. I also think TTF could end up with Legal trouble either collecting money or letting it be collected. I knida like TTF as out fearless leader on this board so I'll pass on making it for money.

12. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    you know, the bookie.:lolol:

yes, I agree TTF, you deserve a lot of thanks for your handling of this site and game for VA, and keeping him part of the place. I love the game because , I thought the winner got the gold star by their name for a week. :dizzy::yahoo:< sarge LOL

:cool:

13. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    TTF want me to send you an excel spreadsheet with a COUNTIF function
    that I use on it?
    I just copy your result sheet then do the countif, select the rang and use the x as the countif thing. I will pm you one if it doesn't work I'll get your email and mail you one

14. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    see if this worked

I think I attached a spreadsheet here. See if it works. It is week 16

Looks like it didn't work

This thing says I attached it TTF but I can't see it. Computer do bite me in the butt at times though
    PM me your email and I'll send you a spreadsheet

15. bigsteelerfaninky

Oct 24, 2011
    LOL as long as TTF is cutting the pot LOL he couldnt get in trouble
    but thats fine it was just a suggestion