1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Steelers will beat the Chiefs

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Oct 9, 2017.

1. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    A friend of mine has called him Big Dumb for years.

Personally, I don't call him at all. I don't have his number.

2. Mr F

Mr F Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2016
    Andy Reid can't help himself when it comes to throwing the ball. He sticks to running the ball about as well as he sticks to diets

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. WinTheNorth

WinTheNorth Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Exactly... i think he was just getting a little pissy with the press (though I'm not so sure that was the case last year with the Patriots comment).

Having said that he's not been having stellar games for some time... between the knee operation and (to me) abstruse play calling (whether it's him or Haley i'm not sure it's been much different across huddle/no-huddle/audible). I just hope they've been giving some serious thought to their predictability.

I'm nervous but optimistic which, i know, ain't worth :poopy:... at any rate (as always!!!):herewego:

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Chiefs are favored by 4 points. I'd take the Chiefs all day long and give the 4 points. That's as safe a bet as any you will see in the NFL. We are very over rated. This is a bad team with a winning record against really bad competition. This is an 8-8 team. Best case scenario we win 9 games but I think we are more likely to win less than 8 then more . We can't stop the run and cant score points. Worst case scenario for any team. We are healthy and we suck. That's a bad combination. This is usually the time Ben goes down with some sort of injury and will miss 2-3 games.

The only chance we have to win this game is turnovers. Ben will have to hit some huge passes and the Chiefs will have to turn the ball over. That's the only way we can score td's now days. I feel like the damn is about to break for the steelers and this could get very ugly for us.

5. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Just to show the optimism expressed by this collective MB on the Chefs game, even the countdown to game time clock is malfunctioning. Bad omen. :rolleyes:
    Is this TTF's way of saying he wishes this was the Bye week?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    What we will witness against the Chiefs is the meltdown of the defense. The offense will play conservative, handing the ball off and a mix of short passes which will account for no more than 17 points. The defense will focus on the running game so you'll see man coverage a lot with Mitchell in the box to stop the run and Davis lost as usual. Artie Burnt will give up 187 yards to the guys he is responsible for and Smith will throw for 394 yards are 5 TD in a blow out loss where KC scores 49. What is going to happen is when the coaches see Burnt getting burnt over and over they will go to the soft zone again and then Hunt will start going off for his 165 yards on 23 carries. Mark it down, KC 49 - Pit 17 and 7 of those will come in garbage time so AB will get his 100 yards receiving.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Here's to Big Ben finding some of his sandlot fire :drinks: again. Want to see the receiving corps torch the chiefs like burnt toast. Bell, make em stack 8 in the box & pay the price.

8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Oops :facepalm:

• Like Like x 1
  9. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Just as I predicted the Steelers would win, and Bell would run all over the Chiefs. Take the ball out of Ben's hands he only threw it 25 times, Bell had 179 yards rushing :herewego!:.

• Like Like x 1
  10. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    :cool:

Glad I was wrong, but I hope the Steelers can somehow find a way to beat crappy teams. Good teams don't seem to be a problem, minus the Patriots.

11. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    How'd that whole "meltdown" prediction work out?

• Like Like x 2
  12. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    It is the absolute best crow I ever ate in my life!!!!!!! I want to see that level of play every week, like they were a team instead of egos and even though there was some rough spots they still continued to play as a unit. I will gladly admit when I'm wrong and I'll do it with the biggest smile when I'm super wrong like my prediction but I'm still not overly confident....Yet.

• Like Like x 2