1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Steelers will beat the Chiefs

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Oct 9, 2017.

1. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Let's see.....if we go in there and try to attack their strengths on defense and go in there and not try and take away their strength on offense(rushing attack)....I would say there's a pretty good chance we lose....just sayin'

2. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I haven't seen anything so far this year to say we will regroup and throttle the Chiefs... I think the underlying problems (and I'm just talking on the field) aren't going to get sorted out in 1 week.

• Like Like x 1
  3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Chiefs are due for a loss, I think the Steelers get 4-5 sacks and Bell gets over 120 yards rushing.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  4. Steelers89

Steelers89 Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Don't wish injury on anyone. That said, im not so sure they are worse off without Big Bum.

5. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Well they better because if they don't assuming they do turn things around later on this season by losing this game they will have essentially no chance of catching the Chiefs for homefield advantage. If they lose the Steelers will be 3-3 to the Chiefs 6-0 and essentially be 4 games behind the Chiefs losing the tiebreaker. If the Steelers win they go to 4-2 and the Chiefs drop to 5-1 and the Steelers would then only be 1 game behind the Chiefs while having the tiebreaker on them.

So needless to say it's an absolutely HUGE HUGE 3 game swing in the standings between winning and losing this game this weekend in KC. The Steelers MUST win or you can kiss homefield definitely goodbye and a bye week won't be too far behind.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    My reasoning is in the past we played down to the bad teams, but could rise up and beat the better teams. If we do not look good against KC (win or close loss), this would represent a change. We played better against the Ravens and I think that is the level of play we will bring to the Chiefs game, but that might not be enough.

I do not like our play calling on 3rd down in that we do not always call an easy to execute play that has high percentage of working. This last game when a couple yards from end zone, I was hoping for a shovel pass to a TD, instead we fail and got a FG. Failure to get a TD inside the 10 yard line is on play calling most all the time IMO.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. rocketdog

rocketdog Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2016
    Ben admitted he doesn't have it anymore. The season is over already. The important thing now is to make sure AB gets his 10 catches and 100 yards and 0 td's.

8. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    His comment was tongue in cheek. Maybe he's already checked out more so than he believes himself, we'll soon find out I suppose. Hope he reigns things in. Again, we'll find out soon I suppose.

9. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    I'm 100% positive and I would presume those that have followed this team as long or longer than I have (40 years) "would" be so sure that you is wrong in that assumption. It's not a loyalty thing as much as it is just a football thing honestly. Believe me, if anybody behind Ben stood a kleenex's chance of cleaning up some of the snot we've seen I'd be all for it, but he's not on the roster. It would in fact be quite a bit worse without a doubt. Now saying that, I wouldn't mind Tomlin sitting Ben on days he doesn't have it, if for no other reason than preservation. However, we've seen him trot Ben out there when everybody else in the world fan or not knew Ben's ass needed to be shelved for the day be it for a spark or preservation etc...

Ben's the best option. He's one of the best in the league and has been his career long. If he's lost it, whatever he's lost has forgotten more then Landry will ever know and the rook is not ready nor in any neighborhood an upgrade. Put him in there, and it's Tee Martin all over again. MaybE he's the answer down the road, but he ain't mister right now by any stretch of PWP's imagination.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I've always held the 'contrarian' view vs the 'momentum' view regarding NFL sucess. It end to think the more desperate team tends to win over the more complacent team. I tend to think that team that was embarrassed the week before plays harder next time out. I think the 5-0 team might be a bit less hungry, might be enjoying their press a bit too much, and might get caught by a team that is tired of hearing how dysfunctional they are.

I'm not predicting a Steeler win, but I'd be shocked if you didn't see a hard fought performance from these guys. However, an ugly blow-out loss, that pretty much makes home field advantage impossible after Week6? Ho-ho, that could something we haven't seen before. Backbiting, finger pointing, team in turmoil, for the first time in 50 yrs a team in free fall. The human drama of athletic competition. That's why we watch the games.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    I agree. My only line of thinking is this... This team is better than eked out wins and scrub losses to the team's the way this season has shaken out thus far. Maybe it's just my belief and not factual. I don't buy into paper charts, I just see the potential and talent... Whilst seeing it all pissed away on poor management be it from the coaches or players on divvying weeks, but ultimately it's the same old stench of the last few years and lingering stenches situationally from years prior.

They aren't gonna field a perfect product, but this team for what we think it's capable of is just maddening.

Anybody that says the bad press doesn't affect the product is just not really looking at things. All this after hour... Presumed in hour BS, addressing personal BS in the forms of protests or Twitter wars or sideline ****ing meltdowns is stupid to say the least. They got some idiots on the team that's really ****ing with the chemistry IMO and the coaches ain't got the guts to put their asses in check. Argue it, but it's there... It's the new generation and nobody knows how to handle it other than to not offend people moving forward.

Here is some serious **** going on behind the scenes like it or not and that might have every bit to do with the team's inability to differentiate a game plan per opponent week to week.

12. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    The stench of the last few years? Isn't that a bit strong for 3 straight playoff appearances, 3 playoff wins, an AFCCG appearance and a nine game winning streak to get to the AFCCG? There are professionals on the other side of the ball as well, and most of those teams have been drafting higher than the Steelers and having their choice of the top college prospects for decades. I'm certainly frustrated as well, but it's not like the glass is empty - or even half empty. If you want a stench, take a whiff at what's coming out of the smokestacks at the Factory of Sadness in Cleveland.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Every team in the NFL has to deal with press good/bad, every team has had to deal with anthem controversy regardless of what side you're on. Players hold out every yr in every NFL city, players in every NFL city have their own TV/radio shows and they say things on them that the other players don't like (or do like).
    I don't care if Ben hates AB guts or if they're blossom buddies. I don't care if Bell is mad he doesn't get enough carries. I don't care if entire O thinks Todd Haley is Sid Gillman or Elmer Fudd as an OC.

I don't care about that, any more than they care about my job performance.

Every job has BS, every single one. You got ***holes at your workplace? Gee, so do I.
    Are you a top NFL team or not? If you are show me, otherwise stop strutting like you are.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    Accomplishments aside my brother... We boast a good resume that is rapidly goin sideways in the current episode. I know the past...injuries, the why this and that's, not enough horses etc...

I'm not jumping off the bridge by any means, I'll let this team take me to cardiac ridge every year... I love it. I think we're seeing the first steps into a new franchise (that no other franchise will be immune too) given the state of things.

We've had great success with this club and we are spoiled... Noll was a great coach and probably a victim of shoddy FO work in his latter years. Cowher was a good coach as the FO came together but never had the stud QB. Tomlin has a been a good coach but nowhere near the manager either of his predecessors were.

Maybe you misunderstood my intent, or my drunk ass missed whatever my point was hahahahaha

But the current frame of mind I think a lot of us are trying to realize / get out of, is this new league maybe?

I dont disregard any accomplishments... A win is a win in my mind even if it's the only one for the season. Unfortunately we have a pretty damn good team that can't seem to put in the work to live up to their billing at the current. It's not solely because Ben is supposedly washed up or AB is a dick head, or Bell is busted or Dupree is a bust, or they don't have the secondary required etc...

I do believe it's because this coaching staff does not have the pulse of this team!

15. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011

you know the funny thing is, this team was pretty foreign to a lot of this **** for a long time. It's the worl were in now... Yes, shows us and afterwards we'll all get pregnant together on Twitter!

16. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Have you seen our run defense?

Alex Smith will have his full 2017 season low pass attempts.

Unlike MT, Andy Reid actually game plans against certain opponents.

I hope the Steelers win this week but I have do my doubts.

17. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    If the Steelers run Bell 30 times, then Smith won't be on the field much :shrug:.

• Like Like x 1
  18. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Yea need to fix that run D

19. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

KC avg's 156.2 yards a game on the ground. PIT gives up 136 YPG.

KC gives up 118 YPG. PIT avg's 90 YPG.

Both teams will try and establish the running game.

Those stats heavily favor KC.

If either team fails to get the ground game going, then A. Smith through the air this season will continue his MVP type season while the away from Heinz Field Ben slops his way through his retirement tour.

Again, I hope I'm wrong, but I think KC at home comes out on top.

JMHO.

20. Terrible Towelie

Terrible Towelie Active Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Steelers 32
    Chiefs 26

Im hoping the steelers go into this game focused and get their crap together.

21. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Hey TT - welcome to TSF MB but are you one of the Boss's offspring? :hmm:

22. fansincethesixties

fansincethesixties Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2016
    This...even though the Steelers have had good success against the Chiefs lately, I have no illusion that this will be the game that they break out of their scoring slump. Averaging thirty points a game is just wishful thinking.

23. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    And the clowns benched Kizer for sundays game and will start Hogan, that has to do wonders for Kizers confidence........

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    The problem IMO is that they threw Kizer out there too fast. He showed something in game 1, despite being knocked around. However he's been having more and more difficulty every week. I think the kid has potential, but the Browns seem clueless about how to develop a raw, young QB.

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Yea and it starts with Tomlin blaming the media for all the stuff that is going on around this team at his press conference. The media wasn't the ones who reported Ben was thinking about retirement Ben Roethilsberger came out and said that. It's not the media's fault that AB threw a fit and threw a cooler, or that Leveon Bell held out and was not football ready and it affected his play the first 3 games. That's your fault coach Tomlin and it's your job to fix it not the fans or the media's job.