1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Steelers vs Bengals gameday thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Sep 26, 2021.

1. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Ben's coming off the field either dragging a limb or on something with wheels under it carting him off, that's been proven. There's a big difference between a tweaked non-throwing arm injury and Watts groin injury.

2. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    I so want you guys to be right in your disagreements but unless TB is carted off the turf this season, it's an inevitability.

3. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Your last line is the problem; we have a QB who can't get under center, it hamstrings your offensive play calling. Ben is washed, need to go with a QB who can go under center, open up some run plays, and at least can escape when the pocket collapses.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    They go to Green Bay next week and barring a miracle they are looking at 1-3

At this point they may as well go 5-12 and go get their next QB because they aren’t going to the postseason after that start

No doubt they will rally to a valiant 8-9 , miss the playoffs and put themselves out of reach of a top draft pick however

5. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Well, on my own behalf....I've busted Ben's stones pretty well. However, I'm more frustrated with the way this offense is run. I'm also frustrated with the fact that no matter how much of a pounding the guy takes, Tomlin refuses to put someone else out there.

Let's face something else, too. The volume of offensive penalties in today's game is inexcusable, I don't care how young and experienced this line is. These guys have probably been playing football since Pop Warner age.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    It was but it’s just as important in a throwing motion as the right.

7. Ytownsteeler

Ytownsteeler Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2015
    The season ended last week when las. What’s showed us what we really are. A solid d with zero offense and a clown coach who is great at a microphone and crappy on game day like punting last week or against Cleveland in playoff game or his crap show effort in arc championship against bill b.
    This is a total rebuild and hit the coaching staff as well. Keep young defenses and trade the solid vets for draft picks and maybe with some luck in the draft we can computer in five years

8. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Ben has done some great things for this franchise throughout the years, but what drives me nuts is how overvalued he is by this franchise right now. They think they have a John Elway at the end of his career and it's not even close.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    And let's not forget instead of getting an upgrade on an oline coach they went next man up on the coaching staff, literally!

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I had a good day

• Like Like x 3
  11. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    You didn't watch the game is what I take that to mean.

12. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

I am salvaging a bad one to becoming a great one!! Going to see an old friend from years gone by later today!! Have some Don Julio 1942 for us to share together!!!

It is not how a day begins but how it ends!! :drinks:

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Ben threw it, just sayin.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Announcers explaining things...:roflmao:

15. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    True there is a big difference but in essence if you aren't putting your top defensive player out there because you are exercising caution why in God's name do you not do the same thing with one of the most important players on offense? As I said and made a joke about in my flow chart thread if Ben isn't dead he is starting and while that might have been the way to go when he was throwing it for 450 yards 4 TDs and 2 picks those days are long gone. It's messed up.

• Informative Informative x 2
  16. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Heinz has us going 0-8 at home. I laughed too soon.

17. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I agree it's messed up, but it's tough to surprise me these days.
    No one is going to tell Ben he has to sit (short of a concussion) and Ben isn't going to volunteer to sit. I can't see his play getting him sat down ever because it never has and he's pulled some rabbits out of hats in the past after looking disastrous for a half or 3 quarters. Those days look like they're over but the higher-ups aren't ready to admit it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. JD86

JD86 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Every great QB's time comes to an end eventually but Im just not convinced that Ben is our main problem. Sure he's not the QB he once was but can still play, definitely makes some mistakes but it seems like the problem is the oline and offense being run. The Oline has been the main problem the past 3 years and nothing has been done to correct it and it obviously shows and just gets worse.

Also, once again, going into this game, we were last in rushing, same issues as last year. Passes are also being rushed due to lack of protection and even when Ben has time back there WR's are not getting separation and aren't getting open. Just so many problems with this team that won't be fixed by just replacing the QB. These penalties, mental mistakes, getting outcoached and major lack of discipline are also killing us, not to mention the numerous injuries.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Roll it over, this season is toast.

• Agree Agree x 5
  20. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    He may not be our main problem, but why even have him along for the ride? Even if you go with another younger QB that sucks, you're still taking a step towards the future. Right now the future at QB is completely stalled.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Me too. :thumbs up:

• Winner Winner x 1
  22. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    How in the h*** that bum Ebron in the Team i cant remember the ladt time he caught anything is he buds with Tomlin? No effort to try and catch that which clearly would have been a touch down he sucks!!

23. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    I'm not. Your hilarious.

24. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Yep. Note to Ben. When there's something on the line, don't throw to Ebron!

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Wait Bengals had 18 pass attempts?

58 for Ben.