1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Steelers strategy to beat New England

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Apr 5, 2017.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Too many red flags on Williams, the failed drug tests arrested with a gun in a car last year. He also looked skinny at the combine, I would rather take a less talented player who has less baggage at #30.

2. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    I hate to say it, but I just don't think this team CAN beat the Pats. The Steelers best bet of getting to the super bowl is through someone else taking out the Pats.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    There will be MANY better players available than Tim Williams at #30.

Not one of them will help in beating the New England Patriots compared to Tim Williams.

I'm not advocating in taking Williams, but, if you want to disrupt New England and put Tom Brady on his butt, Tim Williams is the best option.

4. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Anybody see JH's Instagram video of him beating a tire with a sledgehammer.....now there's a defensive scheme and strategy I could get behind...

• Like Like x 1
  5. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Week 15 on Steelers 2017 Schedule = LOSS

It doesn't take any miraculous clairvoyance or Nostradamus-like prediction abilities to know the outcome of that game.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
  6. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Did anybody notice the Patriots schedule? They have maybe 4 competitive games at best: Texans, Raiders, Broncos and Falcons. Maybe the Panthers if they can get back to '15 form. 13 wins minimum for Patriots and #1 seed again. :facepalm:

7. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    FYI the Patriots do that just about every season, win 12-13 and get the #1 seed.

8. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    It can be done folks. We had soo many wasted opportunities in the AFCCG. If we can go out there and not be total bone heads against them we can beat them. They are going to move the ball on us so we have to score with them. As bad as the defense was I believe all the drops and bad play calling early in the game was the real reason we lost. That 3rd and 1 drop by Coates, I knew we were doomed after that. Just clean it up! Sadly it seems that's easier said than done.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    It was like men playing with boys, Our coaching staff gave
    us no chance of winning this game. Thanks MT. We couldn't cover anybody
    you talk about getting taken to the woodshed. LOL WOW.

10. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    The secret to beating New England isn't complex, they simply need to sell out and do what ever it takes to win the game. The Steelers problem is they want to win and win doing it their way and gain validation that their ways works. There is a reason why Hogan a former Lacrosse player from Penn State was a hero in the AFCCG, because the Pats don't care if he is the hero or any number of no-name guys being the hero, they do whatever it takes to get the W. Brady the master of a hundred small cuts knows that high percentage low risk plays can win the game and still get him Stats that add up in the end to a huge day. We can sit here and debate the wisdom of throwing to AB on the outside when he has single coverage on a 3rd and 1 and how that is a make the throw everytime type of situation because of Browns big catch big play potential. The Pats will look at that type of situation and take the safe throw to Hogan for 4 yards and a first down and keep the chains moving. They will gamble from time to time but from what I have observed when watching them is that those gambles are typically later in the game when the outcome looks decided.

Bottom line if the Steelers want to beat them and beat them soundly they need to sell out and follow the blueprint others have laid out or they can do what they do the Steeler way and maybe it will get one win in five against them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Daddymac10

Daddymac10 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015
    Every time we play the Patriots, the game is usually over before it start. A zone defense with no pressure on the QB is never gonna beat the Patriots. We can beat the Ravens, Ravens can beat the Patriots, but were never gonna beat the Patriots because we don't challenge anyone on the line of scrimmage...

12. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011

It does seem that the Steelers are like the Caps against the Penguins.

13. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Missing Heyward and Bryant in that game....

14. coldrolled

coldrolled Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Bell too.

15. coldrolled

coldrolled Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2014
    When McDaniels left for Denver did the Pats weaken? It seems Josh has our team down... We can not adjust in time..

16. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    The Steelers are trying to playing more man coverage, that's why they drafted Sutton and Allen. If Watt can play some snaps and pressure the QB, also if Golson can stay healthy that would help also against the Patriots.

17. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    They've already told us their gameplan for those paying attention.

It is improve the pass rush, secondary, and add more man-to-man coverage. It's all been publicized and readily available for those interested.