1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Steelers should hire this guy as DC

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Patricia is buyer beware, any DC in NE looks good with BB dictating their defense, on their own not so much...

2. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    So your willing to let this HOF QB walk? If not for Ben's insistence on the No Huddle going over dimbulb Haley's head this season could have been a lot different. I say let Fitchner move right in. The Offense is the strength and Ben is the catalyst. He has 2 more years to go under contract.

Maybe you would like go back to the leans years, plenty of them between Bradshaw and Ben. For me, no thanks.

Now as far as the Defensive staff, it's clean house time. It was time to let LeBeau ride off but Butler is much of the same as well as Capers was. Need a fresh approach. Del Rio I would like to see come in. Rex Ryan? This team doesn't need anymore drama. Capers? Que the Packers horrible Defense. John Fox also I would welcome.

I don't see Butler getting the can, but some of his staff getting the gate, Porter, Lake. Have to look at John Mitchell with the horrible play of the vaulted D Line. I would give Jerry O a pass. Bottom line is Porter and Lake need to go.

3. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    I hear ya... I don't see Ben walking if Fichtner doesn't get it. I don't want our HOF QB to walk either I'm pretty certain I've been sticking up for him for quite a while. I don't like the idea of him stomping his feet about it either as I'm tired of the idea that he's above being pushed or challenged in a constructive manner.
    Sometimes these players HOF or not don't always know what's best for them or team in my opinion. Maybe Fichtner is the guy and I hope he is I'm just tired of the same old same.

Believe me friend, I want no part of them lean years

• Like Like x 1
  4. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Dobbler I agree with your concern with Ben stomping his feet he does enhance the drama at times. That being said his relationship with Haley is not good. I feel it's become counterproductive. The tale of the tape was that Haley's contract was not renewed. I feel that Fichtner can keep the train rolling with a happier Ben.