1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Steelers roster depth

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Nov 17, 2021.

1. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I liked our depth going in to the year...obviously they decided to go super young on the line.

Injuries are killing us.

If I had to go back ,I would have liked them to bring back Feiler and Steven Nelson.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2021
  2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i've said for years that i thought giamont should go. of course a lot of our coaches should go. same mistakes over and over we keep seeing. it doesn't matter what number is on the jersey. jerry olsavsky and butler are long overdue for a ticket out. there is no consistency. :cool:

3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The Chargers also switched things up to put Bosa opposite Haeg late in the game. Haeg was beaten on both of those sacks on the final possession. He didn't even give Roethlisberger a chance on either play. The offensive line was already bad, but the absence of Dotson was a huge part of the loss last night.

They aren't just missing two starters on the defensive line. They are missing Davis and Loudermilk. That said, we saw just how much that defense relies on Watt and Fitzpatrick last night. The secondary was a mess without Fitzpatrick, and the pass rush was severely lacking without Watt. The Chargers are weak on the right side. Watt could have had a huge night if he had been out there. His replacements did very little.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Yeah well the salary cap was reduced by about 16 million this year, so they couldn't afford to keep those guys.