1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Steelers offseason to do list

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Through stupidity and injuries, this fanbase was robbed of the dynamic offense we were all expecting.

Hopefully next season, they can keep it intact. I don't see how a team can defend against it.

Also, keep fingers crossed that the line can repeat the performance they gave this year.

2. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    DWill was a nice gamble 2 years ago, I don't know if it's near as nice moving forward. They all hit the wall at some point, and his injury history is not going to get better with age. Time to see what croissant and or the other guys have or draft another to back up Bell. But honestly, they need to get someone to give him a productive break here and there or we'll see him fall off at the end of the season every time.

3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Phillips has a job, he's the DC of the Rams.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    We have all heard how great this offense is suppose to be, they were great alright
    at being inconsistent. I can't see it changing. Can't back up all the talk they receive.

• Like Like x 1
  5. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I agree with a lot of the stuff you say here however regarding Coates, yes believe it or not I am pretty sure we all here know a WR uses his hands to catch. Maybe the better question would be does our coaching staff know that??? Let's see Coates has done nothing but drop passes since the injury, which I understand however knowing that why would you give him a helmet while making a healthy productive Ayers inactive????? No excuses you are playing in the AFCCG catch the damn ball that's what your paid to do and if your too hurt to do that take a seat and let the young kid who has been playing well have a chance. jmo

For the record we are not talking about a WR who came here with a good rep for catching the ball. At one point Coates was considered a top WR(1st RD) in the draft and he fell fast, here is NFL's draft profile on him:

WEAKNESSES
    Won't be on quarterback's Christmas card list. Wasn't always on same page with Auburn QB Nick Marshall. Unreliable target. Inexplicable focus drops in all areas of the field. Doesn't play with extended catch radius. Had a drop rate of 19.1 percent. Vertical receiver without vertical feel. Inconsistent play speed. Will gear down too easily on deep routes, turning catch able touchdowns into "overthrows." Suspect ball tracking. Must improve at using body to ward off defenders. Inconsistent with contested catches.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yes, he was hurt and the OPs point is after the offseason he will be good to go. He clearly showed he could catch before the injury.

They probably wanted a deep threat to take some heat off AB, Ayers cant give you that but I would have preferred he played too. I think they are going to get some good production from Ayers next season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I would for sure like a bigger ,stronger, more Athletic CB and a better FS type player ...I would like to make the full switch to 4-3 and play a lot of zero or single high coverage ...If we do that I think we need at least 2 CB'S and a FS ..I would convert a good CB to FS ..