1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Steelers need to leave Bruce Arians in KC

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by KnoxVegasSteel, Nov 27, 2011.

1. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I share your sentiments, FIRE BRUCE ARIANS IMMEDIATELY!!!!

2. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Man, you and everyone else have been preaching this same message forever and still, BA is the OC. This guy has change the entire offensive philosophy to the Steelers organization from what it use to be to what it is now. This pass happy soft one back attack is not the answer. BA is talking about coaching next year because he stated that the Steelers young receivers have made it interesting for him. Well, I hope its at the college level becase we surly don't need him to keep messing up the team. He has done enough damage.

3. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011

4. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011

The offense has changed because we no longer have an offensive line that can run block. I don't care for BA but my God, we talk about running plays as if we actually can do it consistantly. I read someones post about a running play working and it gets seven yards so why do they call 2 pass plays afterward...Could it be that after the first run play they put 9 guys in the box? Or perhaps they don't remember the good run on one play and then the next 3 runs go for negative yardage. This o-line is bad people, and when the o-line can't run block or even keep defenders out of the backfield you're only alternative is to throw and if you're successful it forces the defense to back off and then create opprotunities to run but some still don't think. I'm not sticking up for BA, but he is average and he isn't commiting penalties or fumbling the ball or missing blocking assignments, and that is the key, if Foster keeps missing his block, Mendenhall gets hit for a loss, the player have some responsibility.

5. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    As the Coaches have the most resposnibility......Te he fakes to Redman from the Brocken I Redman was 3 or 4 yards down the field before he was even touched.....On the 1 the inside parted like the Red sea and he could have crawled for 10 yards,,,,yet we actually never handed him the ball from that set.....

If you know your OL is not all world then why let the D key on just 1 RB ???This makes their job 200 % harder at least....Use both RB'S hit 1 on one side and then hit the other RB opposite.....This will stop the LB'S and SS fits it will also slow the slanting and stunting from the DL.....This is why we can't run block.....The D knows the play so there is no way the OL can block 7 guys slanting into 2 holes......

This is also where the use of effective PA helps the OL make their blocks.....You have to throw the ball right behind the LB'S and in front of the DB'S ,,,this forces them to stay at home and gives your OL a better chance to make a hole.....
    Our goal shold be to get Redman out the back door on inside traps and to get Mendy on the Corners off a pitch from a FB fake.....We have tried that play 1 time by my count and the WR missed his block or Mendenhall was gone as all the D converged on the FB dive because it was 3rd. and 2......So run the play some more give it to Red on 1st. down throw the PA pass behind it pitch it some this is where BA sets our guys up to fail.......There has to be a plan of Attack and we should dictate the flow of the play calls.....Simple Football get them watching everything and now all plays have a greater chance of success.....

6. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Somehow my last post got morphed into PWPs post its a p.i.t.a using a cellphone anyway I've always agreed with your philosophy and anyone who doesn't see the ineptitude of our o.c. every week has there B.A. goggles on. Trust me if this mediocre offense with elite talent is to ever reach its full potential it will have to be inspite of or without this joke of an OC (F.B.A.I.)