1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Steelers need to leave Bruce Arians in KC

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by KnoxVegasSteel, Nov 27, 2011.

1. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Early in the second quarter it should be 21-3. Instead all we can muster is a single FG. I blame bad play calling for the freakin draw to mini memo from the 5. Then we get the infamous empty backfield on 3rd and goal with imcomplete pass. On the 1st and goal from the 3, yes we score the TD to Saunders. But for crying oit loud! ! Run the damn ball three times up the middle with Red!!! This playcalling is absolutely horrible. FIRE BRUCE ARIANS IMMEDIATELY!!! He shouldn't be allowed back on the plane to PA.

2. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Agreed. This why we are 19th in scoring.

3. cory_86

cory_86 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    no way run the ball.
    the oline is way too terrible at run-blocking

they do an okay job at pass protection (considering the starting C is out and one of the starting Gs had to replace him) aided by Ben's escapabilty ... but you can kiss a power-running-game at the goal-line goodbye.

That said, the rest of his playcalling sucks too

4. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Ba doesnt fumble the ball or throw the INTs

5. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    You're right. Their have been a few bumbling mistakes by players . But when you are getting positve yardage on the ground and you get into 3rd and 1, why on earth do you call pass? When you get 7 yards on first down running, why do you then call 2 passes and then punt? BA gets a positive run then wants to go for the home run. Run the damn ball and eat up clock. Let your D get a freakin rest. The defense is once again expected to save the day when we should be putting the kids to bed by now with a 28 point lead.

6. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I agree with leaving BA in KC. My friend is a die hard Chargers fan and he called me earlier to complain about their play calling today and I was like "dude you are preaching to the choir about retarded offensive coordinators!"

7. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    This guy makes Joe Walton look brilliant.

8. cory_86

Oct 23, 2011
    tbh the only OC that I really like is Payton in NO.

9. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    we should try and steal cam cameron. you KNOW he's awesome cuz he makes flacco look less terrible!

10. cory_86

Oct 23, 2011
    [​IMG]

11. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    And the defense is getting gassed because they've been on the field so long and the BA apologists will blame the poor showing on the defense. Well if the D could just get a stop.... or they'll blame it on the players for not executing. Folks wake up!!! We have only scored 1 TD and have a 4 point lead late in the 4th qtr on the crappy chefs!!! We should be up by 4 TDs if our OC knew what the hell he was doing.

12. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    We also took to many stupid penalties. Twelve men on the field, holding, etc. We are not a championship team....period.

13. BigSteel

BigSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    frickin ugly! all these so called weapons on offense and only 13 points from 4 turnovers??? FIRE BA IMMEDIATELY!!!

14. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Appears that some fans missed all the mistakes by the players on the field.

15. diehardsteel

Oct 19, 2011
    Ummm, with that 13 point scoring outburst, we'll probably be ranked more like 22nd after tonight. Good game BA! Keep up the outstanding work! :yeehaw:

16. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    The players sucked and the play calling sucked. Defense was the only positive tonight.

17. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I agree the play calling was awful, BUT...

Without the fumble in the end zone and the int it's a little bit different game. The offense looked lethargic on top of that. Teams playing after their bye have a poor record, I'm just glad we escaped with a win.

18. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    saw plenty of those but agian also saw a team unprepared to exploit the other teams weaknesses. Saw good "execution" on downhill run blocking plays and poor "execution" on zone blocking ones yet they kept going away from one and used the other. saw an effective run in a 2nd and very long situation that took advantage of the over aggressive outside pass rush but then saw run play after run play designed to slant one direction and have the HB cut back into the holes created yet neither the back or the linemen could execute the play. So why do it multiple times? I am sure if they don't execute it fives times in a row the sixth wil work.

19. Steel Buckeye

Steel Buckeye Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    tbh the only OC that I really like is Payton in NO.[/quot

What about mike mccarthy in green bay. I understand he has rodgers but they always seem to have the right play on. A good OC will make a QB look good and vice versa

20. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    There were opportunities for the players to make plays. The players failed the coaches by not making plays. It didn't help that the players keep shooting themselves in the foot with penalties and turnovers. The best play calling had a difficult time overcoming mistakes by players on the field.

21. SteelersWin!

SteelersWin! Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2011
    Mistakes by players in the first half cost us big, but the second half goes on Arians...no points after halftime! what did he do in the locker room???

22. diehardsteel

Oct 19, 2011
    Yes, you're right. Our offensive coordinator has nothing to do with our poor offense. It's everyone's else's fault.

23. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    At the end of the day, production rests on the coach's doorstep.

24. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Just more Brillant Cart before the Horse play calling from our Hero BA......He actually inserted the Pony for this game the problem was it was only to fake the FB dive and throw .......To make a PA fake work you actually need to run the ball some........

Once again Redman had a huge Average and only 3 totes.......If we don't get smater about how we approach the game we won't be going far at all this season.......

I hope Rooney tells BA we better run the ball more if not we are in trouble.......BA simply has to much Love for the pass to ever be an effective running or PA Team on a consistant basis......

And to those who say we can't run thats BS.....1 RB at 3.4 YPC so 3 runs equals a 1st. down.....The other RB at 7.3 so a 1st. down every 2 totes per average.......

Any good Coach who had the will to run the ball could take this Team and run for 150 yards or more every week......

No Love for the run game is the Reason we can't score......We also have no Big WR'S so the closer we get to the End Zone the harder it is for speed WR'S to get open......We neeed to get in the Pony with 2 TE'S and 2 WR'S.......Run the ball and use PA ....Design plays that build into 1 another and use them.....BA is a joke......

25. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I have been preaching for this for 2 years now, Coach T and the Rooneys
    should really start listening. BA does not call the game the way majority wants
    to watch. Our OL and play calling will get us an early exit out of the playoffs.