1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Steelers nailed the draft this year

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Oct 20, 2021.

1. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I admire you. No matter how far down the hole you get, you aren’t afraid to get a shovel out and dig.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    I never said RBs anywhere can be just as productive as high pedigree guys, I said when building a run game you can find a stable of RBs anywhere, as long as you have the OL, OC, QB, etc. The Steelers went about this building process backwards and have a lot of catching up to do, probably too much for one offseason.

Do you want to win rushing titles and fantasy points or Super Bowls?

Good time to bump this article. Since 2000, 3 of 49 first round RBs have won Super Bowls with the team that drafted them: 8-Ball Lewis in Baltimore, Mendenhall in Pittsburgh, Michel in NE.

Lewis was a dominant force, Michel the lead dog of a RBBC, Mendenhall was on IR and a non-contributor.

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/g...unning-back-steelers-rashard-mendenhall-2000/

Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
  3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I think he’s way past a shovel. He’s moved on to a bulldozer.

• Like Like x 1
  4. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    It’s difficult to keep a roster together with a high level QB, OLine and receiving corp. It certainly does open things up for the running game when you have all those things but it’s very very hard to maintain because of salary cap issues, injuries etc.

The biggest factor in winning super bowls is the QB by a wide margin IMO. The teams with the top quarterbacks are going to win more often than not as they elevate everything around them. Pair it with a solid D that doesn’t kill you and you are halfway there.

I’m not sure how much we can read in to the number of first round RB’s that have won Superbowls since 2000 without some comparison with other positions and certainly not without a bit of analysis of what was around them. I’d agree that a RB is not going to drive you to a championship but no other position will either except QB, JMO.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Wrong again, Pee-wee. Refusing to accept your premise is not lying. You lied. I did not.

6. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    LOL, what's with the keyboard warrior tough guy stuff? You're letting your anger get the better of you on this one.

And in case you haven't noticed, the usual suspects have abandoned you on this one, like kids on a playground scattering from the one who shat his pants.

7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    He’s up to a D9 Cat at the moment

• Like Like x 1
  8. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    You two post more about me than you do football, which is understandable given our interchanges. Stay out of the deep water, kids.

9. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Just because you don't get the pop culture reference when I call you Pee-Wee doesn't mean it is inappropriate.

Mocking you is not a sign of anger. I mock. It's part of my charm. You earn mocking. It is part of your lack of charm. If you want more respect for your posts, do better.

I haven't needed help burying your points so far. Why would I need them now? (Also, you spoke too soon on that one.)

10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Sometimes I feel sorry for you. The kid who got picked on at recess but had it coming.

But, I get over it quickly, you bring it on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    You can't help yourself, can you. You, Glemm, and Firedwriter are peas in a pod. I have disagreements with several people here, but they don't get obsessed and we have common ground on other topics.

You three act like I banged your girlfriends every time I post.

12. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Now who's trying to be the tough guy? You should try dealing with your anger rather than projecting it onto others, Pee-Wee. (Do I really need to explain that reference to you?)

You argued poorly. You lost. Perhaps you should either try again or move on rather than attacking posters who got the better of you.

• Like Like x 1