1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Steelers have a better record than 19 teams

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Dec 6, 2019.

1. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Losing Ben, Brown, and losing Juju/Conner for most of the season, Tuitt, Pouncey 3 games, Mason drama, riding an undrafted QB to wins, passing of WR coach, losing Munchak.

Incredible.

Sunday is a must win, Cardinals are awful. Buffalo is an acceptable loss.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    If they win sunday they'll have a better record at this time than last year with Ben and ab.. Pretty amazing and shows that doesn't matter how good u are if your a selfish team destroyer (ab) your more expendable

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    It just goes to show you that teamwork is more important than talent. That's why coaches from the time you start playing sports in elementary school preach teamwork over everything else.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    I thought they preached riding to mini camp in helicopters and dying your mustache yellow

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  5. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    That’s pretty remarkable considering everything that’s happened thus far.

Even some of our losses, with the exception of the Patriots, were winnable games.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I have been shocked about to where we are for a while now. To think we have a chance, a real good chance after the way the year started and Ben getting knocked out for the season.

It is hard to explain, but the only explanation is getting Minkah and the transformation of the defense. It`s crazy. We were a team that relied on the offense when we started the season and now it`s all flipped around. Some sports reporters even say we have a Super Bowl defense.

I tell you what, if Duck gets the offense clicking and we rise to just an average offense and we keep winning, this is going to look a whole lot more like 2005. This possible dream finish of the season starts for me if we beat both the Cards and Buffalo and look good doing it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Or it shows you that having a competent defense matters.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    As well as some our wins could have been losses.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Well, that goes without saying!

Minkah and this defense's resurgence are responsible for this season not being over 4 weeks ago.

Most definitely. But I would say that our defense is more than competent. A simply competent defense probably wouldn't have been able to overcome our offensive offense and get us to our current record.

10. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    No matter how the rest of the season goes down, Tomlin needs major props. Awards be damned. Just an unreal showing from our guys.

As frustrating as those early loses were, we've been clutch as hell down the stretch.

11. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Number of games won loses its significance if we don't get to the postseason.

12. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
    We've only had our asses handed to us twice this season and starting out at 0-3 and going 7-2 since. Now if we do our part and the Raiders do us a favor it will look a little sweeter Monday morning.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I was utilizing understatement there while also reminding everybody that last year's defense was not competent.

14. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    All I know is, if somehow the offense starts to gel over the next 4 weeks and they miraculously won the SB, it would go down as a magical season that is remembered for a long time.
    We'll be saying how we still can't believe, years later, that they won. And nobody could've imagined it when we were 1-4. Of course someone will always say they knew it was going to happen. Every time they win a game, I'm amazed. But, they just keep winning.

Who knows what could happen if Duck gets comfortable and the offense becomes middle of the road even. I know it won't happen but you never know.

15. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Finally a thread I can get behind. Just enjoying the ride.

16. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Funny Smitch89.

However, in the same breath sad but true. This was part of the whole problem why AB is gone. because Management enabled this type of behavior. I know I read it somewhere but Tomlin even went on record stating to the effect that "Different players get treated differently". Any good administrator, and even a person with a single brain cell knows that is completely idiotic and bad policy. That it can only lead to cause dissention amongst the team.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

17. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Jball.

Well, in all due respect my friend, in a great and hopeful way (smile) you do not know if it can happen. Maybe so. Hey, I have gone on record here with similar statements about us winning the Super Bowl. The pieces are in place and only getting better. If we can get healthier while continuing to win, and build chemistry, who knows? However, yes it is really going to comedown to the play of our QBs which more than anything will determine the outcome of the season.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

18. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    The Steelers enabled his look at me behavior? I'd argue that the Steelers are in the business of winning SBs & AB was a valuable asset until his distractions overwhelmed his contributions.
    "Different people get treated differently" is a hard fact of life. Single braincell people let this abomination get in their way of logical thinking. Is Big Ben any different than AB when it comes down to special treatment? He loves his long ball stats so much that we are stuck with Fitchner for a few more years. Empty backfield on the one yard line? :facepalm:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    We cannot have a let down this week, hell any week from
    here on out. Our playoff hopes depend on this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    This, I’m happy to entertain the talk about Tomlin being coach of the year and things of that nature. However, he must be competitive the last month. Losing to the Cards takes him out of that conversation, lest they win the last 3.

I want to win in the playoffs

21. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

I mentioned some of this in another thread, this is incredible run we are on. All of what you mentioned and starting 0-3 had us all pulling our hair out. We were firing MT, Butler and Fitch and now imo the only one I have a problem with is Fitch. MT and Butler have done a great job with all that has happened to this team. I will even say Colbert who don't get mentioned much might have had the biggest impact bringing in Mincah.

We have to win this game this week and we have to beat the Jets. If we win them 2 games I am pretty confident we get the #6 spot no matter what happens in the Bills and Raven game. Tenn has a tougher schedule then us and the Colts and Raiders are a little easier but we have a game on them. Right now imo we are playing with house money. If we miss the playoffs fine but at least our first round that we gave up isn't a top 5 pick, that would have been hard to take......

22. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    By any chance are the Eagles and Cowboys part of the 19 teams.;)

• Like Like x 1
  23. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    While I'm amazed how this season has turned out after the 1-4 start and the major injuries I still say 8-8 no playoffs. And it very well could be my favorite non-playoff season ever.

24. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Treating players differently existed long before Tomlin.
    Players get treated differently especially when it comes to negotiating salaries. So that should tell you something right there.

The reason AB is gone is because AB loss his mind. No more, no less. Anyone who stood to lose what AB loss obviously loss his mind. It's not Tomlin's fault that AB loss his mind. Instead of blaming everyone else why don't we blame the man who loss his mind? That's where it should start and end.

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Wrong, star players get away with more, look at Lawrence Taylor with the Giants I'm sure Parcells let him get away with a lot. Jimmy Johnson cut a LB for falling asleep in a meeting, he wouldn't do that to Aikman, Irvin, or Smith.