1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Steelers drafting a QB at #28

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by steelersrule6, Apr 2, 2018.

1. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Trust me I wouldn't be either.....and I have a feeling it may be Guice. The thing is we aren't privy to what their feelings are on Bell. If they are gonna give him what he wants or let him walk may ultimately determine if RB is possible in the first. Me personally I'm against a QB in the first while Ben is still here because I don't see anyone talented enough to step right in if Ben goes down. I see 2-3 year projects selecting at 28. OG Nelson or no one.....not feeling the TEs because I feel they aren't dual threats blocking/receiving so to me not worth a 1st. If we are going to go O then might as well take a RB or prepare for when MB leaves by taking the best WR left (Ridley or DJ Moore) they can get on the field right away a TE won't see much action unless McDonald and or JJ gets hurt. Trust me I like the FA signings but like I've already said there's nothing behind them. We always seem to give ourselves that flexibility before the draft but that just ensures we don't have to reach but I think there will be good options to choose from between the ILB,S and even OLBs...someone is gonna fall in our laps...Reid,Bates LVE,Evans,Landry,Carter and maybe a even bigger surprise.

2. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I would think they are waiting to see how the draft unfolds before making a decision on Bell. The draft could be the missing piece of info that sways them one way or another. If Guice is their top rated guy when it comes to their pick and a bevy of defensive players have already been selected, that is going to be a very tough decision for KC. But I'm sure he's run that scenario in his head already and has the answer.

I still think S is the biggest need. Yes we got Burnett to replace Mitchell but Sean Davis is still the worst ranked S in the league by PFF. The safety play was bad enough Carnell Lake wanted to play Mr Mom. Ever see a single high safety get an interception? I thought it was a myth until I went onto www.thingsMikeMitchellcan'tdo.com. And there it was in all her glory...

Justin Reid at 1:28. Boom done.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I would, the team has depth at CB not so much at safety and ILB.

4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I saw them talking about the rule change for the defensive backs and LBers in coverage. They are going to call a grab after five yards early and often. This makes me second guess who we have and who we may target. Reid is known to be grabby. Evans bio has him not good in pass coverage if he can't get his hands on RBs and TEs early in the routes. Burns is grabby. Pure man cover guys that don't grab or LBers we really good coverage skills may now be worth their weight in gold. It will be interesting to watch. Teams may be dumping these types of cover men because these old habits are hard to break. If it starts to hurt teams on defense you have to make a change or it will be extremely frustrating trying to get your D off the field series after series.:cool: