1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Steelers come out the worst in this situation Rudolph is still playing!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steeler dane, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Steeler dane

Steeler dane Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2019
    After last nights performance i was kinda hoping for at least a 2 game suspension for Mason. Oh well.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    SMH

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. FeedTheMachineFTM

FeedTheMachineFTM Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Give it a rest already ..MR is a young man who is trying his best and TBH this is not the time to be hating on the kid ..He barely escaped a possibble brain injury for crying out loud .

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I remember seeing Bradshaw and Ben throwing 5 Int's in a single game. I am really not seeing it with Rudolph but it's probably still too early to pull the plug on the kid.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Hopefully, this lights a fire under the players and coaches arse.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I can't stand Nazi-Glenn, but I have to agree with him here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    This will most likely be Rudolph's worst game this season, at least I hope it is. He didn't get any help from the OL, WR, RB, TE positions.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I think Rudolph bounces back next 2 games

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. SteelersForLife8810

SteelersForLife8810 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2019
    ALSO, every team we face won't be head hunting

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. Steeler dane

Steeler dane Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2019
    You're right

11. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
  12. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Nothing like a Bengal tonic to make you feel better.

13. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I’m sorry to go there but that’s as asinine a post I’ve ever read.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
  15. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    It’s funny how people justify masons putrid play in a QB friendly league by going into the archives and look at Steeler SB winning QBs that had a bad game and equate them to mason in their own twisted way. Ben might have had multiple INT games , but He also had multiple games over 300 yards and multiple TDs a lot more and lost to the browns one time. Including 8-8 Steelers teams that had cotchery leading the team in TDs. Stop defending Mason Peterman with all these irrational excuses. Ben got sacked so many times playing behind bad lines early in career and still made plays.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. TGH

TGH Well-Known Member

May 8, 2018
    Nah. I don't need to justify anything. I "KNOW" Mason is a dang good quarterback. Just like I know Ben is a good quarterback, and when they have a bad game or games it is okay. It is what it is.
    You don't know that, that's why you would always switch up everybody when you don't like it.

17. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    :rolleyes:

18. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    With no running game, an OL that sucks, struggling receivers I expect very little out of MR. At this point you might as well rise the season out with him. If people think Hodges has any possible career the best way to ruin it is to put him in a situation like this.

19. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Context not being applied here.

20. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Hodges would be a sitting duck as well with this OL and our offensive weapons...or lack there of

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I am not defending MR at all, we all know he does not have Ben's talents. The team ran 16x last night for about 50 yds, 15 my MR in his 3 runs. So the Rb's ran 14x for about 35 yds. I do not care who you have at QB..you need an effective running game. How many games this year has there been one? Few that I can recall. Yes as QB MR shoulders a lot of the blame, but the whole O sucked.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    The only game where we got decent yardage is v the Chargers where Conner and Snell went for about 130 combined and Conner got a couple of TD’s. This helped Hodges massively that evening.

It really cannot be understated how much MR has missed Conner, and missed any sort of consistent run game. Most of the young QB’s that have had success have a stud RB with them. Minschew has Fournette and Allen has McCaffrey for example.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  23. Philofarnsworth79

Philofarnsworth79 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2019
    Just stop... MR had a bad game, that's it... Big Ben would have got killed last night behind that line... If you look at the previous games they've lost it's stupid to place the majority of it on MR... He cannot play running back and catch the balls for the receivers, he's too busy dodging opponents behind this o line... He had a bad game & I'm sure you'd have done better...

24. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    He has had nothing BUT bad games so far. How about sprinkling in a f#$king good game every, I dunno, maybe every 5th game or so??? I mean Sh!t, 4 INTs, a QB rating of 36.3, and contributing to a sickening melee last night. No poise, yep I said it again. I just dont understand what you people see in this dud. I'll keep saying it, Ben's replacement is not on the roster. For anyone to say otherwise needs to be whacked in the head with a helmet by Myles Garrett .

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  25. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    like I have said before...

Mason's stats per game does not reflect what the eye test shows you. yes he has no help but also when he has time he does not step into his throws, stands like a statue, inaccurate easy throws.

What he lacks so far when given time, is just basic QB dynamics. Show me a qb that gets sacked 5 times, 2 picks, but he can make those plays when he needs to. He has yet to hit a ball in stride deep. Floats balls that shouldnt be floated and his receivers are going for balls that are hurting them.

Yes he was a great QB in college, but so far the eye test shows he has been bad when given opportunities to throw with a clean pocket.

he may need a season to work on it or he may never get it but that's what it is, those are facts.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2