1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Steelers are the only team in the AFCN with 0 playoff wins in last 5 years

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Benny Lava, Jan 31, 2022.

1. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    We absolutely wasted that chance at more glory with those three all in their prime and playing great. I think of what Dallas ( and I hate Dallas) did with Aikman, Irving and Emmitt Smith. The Steelers should have been able to do more with that amount of talent.

2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

:hmm:

The Cowboys also had Charles Haley and Deion Sanders; two Hall of Fame Players and two often overlooked necessities on that 1995 Cowboys Team. In those days, the game was not nearly as personnel based as it was now; a dominant Pass Rusher and dominant corner being a great combination. Deion Sanders is widely reputed as the greatest overall corner ever and Charles Haley is a Top 10 All Time 4-3 DE.

As stated before, takes two to tango. Pittsburgh did have T.J. Watt. Beyond him, not much else; Heyward and Tuitt included. Yes, those two were exceptional in those days but having the guy in the back end was critical. For that matter, after Troy Polamalu left, his absence was felt more and more as the years went on; 2018 being Tomlin's final breaking point. However... not much he could do as Minkah was too far up in the draft to be taken.

Fast forward to today and the pieces are now there on Defense. Offense is but a different story as now the Defense cannot do it alone. Again, takes two to tango here. Here is hoping the team finds the guy on Offense soon.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Dallas had a way better D during that time.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    You mean the playoff game that we led 15-0 until Ben was injured on a dirty hit by Burfict? The game where we were up 15-0 when Shazier had a clear recovery and TD return of a fumble, only to lose the TD due to the official screwing up by blowing the play dead prematurely. The Bengals blew it, but never should have been in a position to blow it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    None of them????

6. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Not a one

• Like Like x 1
  7. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I was just about to say the cowboys had the far better defense than the steelers. They had Haley, Darren Woodson, Ken Norton, etc...

8. Steelers89

Steelers89 Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2016
    I'm not so sure this franchise is all in anymore. Yes they want to win. But will they go to great lengths to get it done?

Times have changed.

Because there was a time where it was always SB or bust. Anything less than a lombardi was a failure. That was between 2004-2012 or so.

It sucks because I think they beat GB to win that SB if we were fully healthy. I thought we were the better team.

• Like Like x 1