1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Steelers are the only team in the AFCN with 0 playoff wins in last 5 years

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Benny Lava, Jan 31, 2022.

1. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    So many “fans” are in for a long 10 years or so that y’all are going to dog a HOF QB.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Fans say the HC underachieved with a HOF QB, if the HOF QB doesn't play like one isn't he underachieving too :shrug:?

3. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    I must have missed it...did the Browns and Ravens both win the SB in the last 5 years?? oh they didnt?? I guess the Bengals haven't either...yet. So what's your point?? You think Steelers fans should be envious of the occasional playoff success of other teams in their division despite the Steelers having more SB wins then the rest of the division combined??? Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    You have not been watching if you do not think Minkah was worth that 1st round pick.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I think you are cherry picking

Let's look at 6 playoff seasons

Steelers 2-4
    Ravens 1-3
    Browns 1-1
    Bengals 3-0

Does that mean the Bengals the best team in the north the list 6 years?

Packers 4-4
    Tampa 5-1

Got to be in it to win it.. and that starts by getting into the playoffs then anything can happen

HACK

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    And MT given a new 5 yr contract extension? JMO>

7. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018

^^^^^^ THIS.....is what I find irritating about most Steeler fans......They're living on PAST glory......THIS Steeler team hasn't won SQUAT!!!!......doesn't matter a hill of beans what those teams DID..... RIGHT NOW, we're not a very good, elite, SB champion, blah, blah, blah......ANYTHING. What the Steelers USED TO BE, is NOT what the Steelers are NOW!! Quit living on the past teams successes, and open your eyes to the truth.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Everyone still holds on to the number of SB wins we've had in the SB era like that still carries the weight it did years ago. Most of our SB wins are a few years from being nearly a half CENTURY ago when some members here were not even born. In non-ancient history, when most people can relate to, we have 2 wins and damn near nothing else over a decade since. So, personally, I'd like to get back into the conversation about how many SB wins we'll have had in the not-so-distant future and not stick my chest out on the team's success of long ago. Right now, the conversation in our division/ NFL isn't about what we'd like it to be, and I can see why posts are what they are right now. I get the sense that with the same leadership, we will get the same results. and I'm guessing that isn't what most Steelers fans prefer. I guess it all depends on individual expectations and their own definition of success. JMO>

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    So you're upset about playoff success of Browns and Bengals who have won the SB in never and the Ravens since 2013? I mean....at least have this conversation after the Bengals win the SB otherwise it's a mute point. Playoff success does not equate to SB wins which is what actually matters

• Winner Winner x 2
  10. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    What's the truth exactly???

11. Junebug

Oct 1, 2018
    We're not a very good team, and the past is meaningless to today's team.

12. Dagmire

Dagmire Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2019
    You point out other than the first year he came here that he's been anywhere near a 1st round grade. You probably also thought pouncey was still great after 2017...

13. Dagmire

Sep 24, 2019
    Don't use wank... I don't know what that means

• Like Like x 1
  14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    It's the NFL. The Bengals were dead last in the division last year. KC was going on a Dynasty run after they Won their 1st SB in forever. Yet in all reality they lost their next SB (the great Mahomes couldn't even score a Td in it., but he threw 2 ints) ,and got bounced out of the AFC Championship the following year. No Dynasty.
    Lamar won MVP a few years ago, and everyone said nothing could stop Him. How has that worked?? Browns won their 1st playoffs game in forever last year. Surely they are SB bound. How did that work???
    What I'm getting at is things change fast in the NFL.
    So don't be so sure what You think is going on ...is actually what's gonna happen. That's all :shrug:

• Like Like x 3
  15. Dagmire

Sep 24, 2019
    I never gave Lamar credit. The dude can't throw a screen pass accurately. He worked in the AFC, in my opinion, cause they weren't ready for such a fast QB. Same thing with RG3. It's gimmicky if dude can't be more accurate at passing

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Multiple meanings. I'm using it as, to complain.
    Or, am I?

• Like Like x 2
  17. Dagmire

Sep 24, 2019
    It was more of a joke from the avengers movie..lol

• Like Like x 1
  18. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Ah, that's why I didn't get it. Not a fan of superhero movies.

19. Dagmire

Sep 24, 2019
    I'm 47... As a young comic book nerd(before baseball and girls) so I'm living a literal dream with these movies and enjoying them with my 13 year old son..

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    My wife loves these movies and TV shows. I just lost interest about the time they went from being comic books and started being "graphic novels"

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    Doesnt the same thing apply to the other teams in the division also?? Even more so the whole league?? Wasnt the Ravens the #1 seed last year? Did they make the playoffs?? The Browns were picked by many to be the AFC rep at the beginning of the year (8th best odds)? Did they make the playoffs?? Whoever wins the SB this year will be the 11th team in 12 years to win the SB. My point...stop putting the kart before the horse.

You have no earthly idea what's going to transpire from one season to the next so stop it with the doom and gloom unless you're a prophet of which you're not even close. You, and the rest of the faithless, put way too much emphasis on playoff success when it means jack. If the Bengals win they will be the second team in a row that won a SB that didn't even make the playoffs the previous year. The Bengals are the 18th team to make it to the SB that didnt make it to the playoffs the previous year since 1980.

Give it a rest with the stupid azz playoff win comparisons. At the end of the day It means nothing unless you're some team like the Lions, Jets, Giants...and I think you know why I pointed out those teams. Even you have to admit the Steelers are nowhere near the purgatory those teams are in. As for the rest of the league anything can happen from one season to the next...and one seasons previous success or lack of success is not a pattern to believe anything, or at least assume anything is guaranteed going forward for better, or for worse.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. Junebug

Oct 1, 2018
    Then give it a rest with the "we have all these SB rings, so we're better than anybody else" crap! Those SB teams no longer exist. That's STUPID.

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    Ha...you have to work on your reading and comprehension or else carry on a conversation with someone more your speed. My emphasis always has been and always will be that there's too much emphasis placed on playoff success that ultimately result in no rings. So what's the point?? Also, things are never as good or bad as you think they might be...every season is pretty much unpredictable. If you dont get what Im saying then you dont get what I'm saying, but dont project your stupidity upon others.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  24. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Don't think we are giving the Bengals their due credit. The 12-4 Bengals had another playoff win Jan 2016 against us. They beat themselves in impressive fashion. The greatest loss in steelers history.

• Like Like x 1
  25. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015

We re writing history now or the Alzheimers flaring up? How about 2017? Or maybe the 2018 season where he broke a pile of QB records throwing 5100+yards in a single season? Of course 2019 he was very un HOF like by having elbow surgery. Came back and still managed to throw for 3800+yards and 33 TD's in 15 games .. playing in one of the worst offensive scheme I've seen since maybe the 1976 Bucs.

Since your memory is only limited to 2021 lets not forget he played behind the worst line in the league, in the worst offensive scheme in the league, and a receiving crew that was 3rd in the league w/ dropped passes. If we are being honest this might have been Ben's most HOF like season. Not many Qb's could still managed to rank 15th in passing yards while playing injured and missing a game.

• Like Like x 2