1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The run

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steeldefense08, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Steeldefense08

Steeldefense08 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Is there any other run play? Jesus all the run plays we do is up the gut. Is BA dead set against using Toss play or a misdirection or some sorta outside run play? BTW i didn't recall any WR screen plays last night.

2. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    yep 86 didnt catch a pass last night

3. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I thought I was the only one that seen that. Can we run behind Starks and Essex once and a while. We run the same running play a thousand times. that's the same play the cause Mendenhall to fumble in the Superbowl. Yeah, he should of held onto the ball, but Green Bay, telegraph that play and was there before Mendenhall got there. The same thing happen last night. We ran that pulling guard play 50 times last night. Foster can't pull to the left? SMDH!

4. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Run behind the tackles that were getting blown the h*ll up, last night? LMAO

5. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Look, I like Tomlin as HC... but I don't buy that, "There are no O-Line problems" bit that he likes to sell.

This O-Line is ill-equipped to support the run. They rarely create gaps. They probably run up the middle because Pouncey is usually there and probably creates some kind of seam?

O-Line needs work... at best. Once the opposing defensive front catches on to the weakness... it's bull-rush city, and the Steelers backfield is dancing with the stars...

6. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Yea some of this stuff could easily make a Letterman top 10 list couldn't it LOL! For as long as there's been football it's a known fact that games are won and lost in the trenches. It don't make a damn what fancy scheme you wanna try and run, how much you try and outsmart your opponent or how many superstar backs, receivers and QBs you wanna insert. If your big boys up front can't win their individual battles with the big boys across from them you're gonna lose. Simple as that. I agree with everything you're saying.

7. steelers5859

Oct 23, 2011
    AMEN!! :thumbs_up:

8. steelers5859

Oct 23, 2011
    Could you see any of the following starting on any other team:
    Essex
    Legursky
    Kemo
    Foster
    They strike fear in know one. I would keep the Florida Boys (Starks, Pouncey, Gilbert) but everybody else would be on notice. Maybe Legursky just as a backup center.