1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The road ahead

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jball, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    They already had Hargrave playing some at end against the Chargers and he has done it in the past. I do think we're going to see a lot of him at both positions, with McCullers as the first guy off the bench.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    The countdown to "Steelers The Bye" has me cracking up. Ok, I`ll say it. Are we the favorite? LOL.

3. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    The road ahead just got wider. Mahomes left the game tonight with a knee injury and the Chiefs look rough. So beyond the Pats the AFC is looking wide open for anyone willing to take it. Damn guys dropping faster than the leaves on the trees.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    All that really does is give the Patriots an even easier road to another Super Bowl. The Steelers could still sneak into the playoffs simply because the AFC North sucks, but I don't think they are a real threat to win the AFC title.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    So here is what I'm seeing: The Steeler's schedule looks winnable but we could still lose some of them depending on QB play leaving us at 8-8 or 9-7 or 10-6 or 7-9 or something completely different. Which gives us a chance at the AFC North but... The Ravens schedule looks brutal with the chance of them pulling out some wins going 10-6 or 9-7 or 8-8 or something completely different which gives them a chance at the NFC North and...The Browns could get on a roll and win the NFC North...yep, clear as mud!

6. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    This can't hurt us but there are still some cars on the road. The Texans are looking pretty good and the media is lovin the Bill but we get a shot at them to see where we are at. Colts look tough and come playoff time KC should be back to full strength. I am hoping this bye week we get the QB position tuned up and we have a test run with the Dolphins on Monday night. This way when we get to the passing zone we can open it up......................:smiley1:

7. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Chiefs are (were) too lopsided. I say the Texans, Colts, Jags have a good of a chance as the Chiefs did.

8. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I posted this in another forum as well but...

Steelers need to win 6 of their next 9 and win all division games and finish at an absolute minimum of 5-3 in the conference to have a chance to go to Baltimore on week 17 and beat them, winning the division by tying their division and overall record, but winning with the conference record.

Cleveland could help us big time by beating Baltimore in Cleveland. That way we could split with Cleveland without losing everything. We would have to make that game up somewhere else in the AFC though.

This, of course, is all based on my best case scenario of what Baltimore might do and what the Steelers are capable of.

But, it is still possible, but it's highly unlikely.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 2
  9. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    As of right now. the Steelers are capable of beating 2 teams with a total of 2 wins to their credit after 7 weeks. Our next game is against a team without any wins and I am nervous about Miami even after 2 weeks to prep. When we can beat a team with a winning record, I'll entertain the thought of doing something this year, depending on when we do it. I understand how some dream of still going .500 or better, or even winning the division, but "Come on, man!" Lets get to 3-4 and then look at who's next.