1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The road ahead

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jball, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Baltimore

@Seattle
    bye
    NE
    @Cincy
    Houston
    @Rams
    San Fran
    @Buff
    Jets
    @Clev
    Pitt

Pittsburgh

Miami
    Indy
    Rams
    @Clev
    @Cincy
    Clev
    @Arz
    Buff
    @Jets
    @Balt

Common games left - Rams, Jets, Buff, division games

Their 4 hardest games left are teams we're done with: Seattle, New England, San Fran, Houston

Our hardest games left are the common games we have left with Balt. So they have to play our hardest games as well+ San Fran, Seattle , New England, and Houston. That's brutal.

And they have the Seahawks and Rams on the west coast. Two tough wins on the road. They go to Buffalo as well. We have Buffalo in Pittsburgh.

We have the Jets and Cardinals left on the road.(non div games) Two very winnable games.

I see Baltimore being 8-7 when we face them in Week 17. They should have a division record of 4-1 however. And a conf record of 6-5.

At best I can see 6 wins by Pittsburgh in 9 games. Giving them a record of 8-7 with a 3-2 division record. And a 6-5 conf record. I think we'll beat Cincy and split with Clev.

So, unfortunately our division record is going to force us to beat their record. We can't go into the last week one game back and hope to win in a tie breaker.

This is all optimistic and speculative of course. ;)

One thing for sure is that Baltimore's remaining schedule gives us a chance.

• Informative Informative x 4
  2. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    I have a hard time seeing the Ravens winning games at Seattle at the Rams and the 3 home games they have with the Patriots, Niners and Texans. So that is 5 losses there and they still have to play at Buffalo and at Cleveland and the Steelers the final week. The Ravens might sneak out a win in that tough 5 game stretch but they better play a lot better then they have the last 2 games against the Steelers and Bengals. They aren’t beating the Seahawks, Patriots,Niners, Rams or Texans if they play like they have the last 2 weeks.

As for the Steelers the schedule definitely will favor them the last 10 games over the Ravens. I feel they have to win at least one of those home games they have with both Indy and the Rams and go into the Thursday night game at Cleveland in one month at 4-5 at worst. So let’s say they lose at Cleveland and drop to 4-6 after that you got the at the Bengals, the Browns at home and at Arizona which you could definitely win all 3 Which would put you at 7-6 going into the final 3 weeks. The bottom line though is that they still have a chance and winning that game last night gave them that chance based on how tough the Ravens last 10 games are compared to the Steelers last 10 games.

3. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    IMO we need to heal up on this bye week and whoever is the starting QB for the Dolphin game needs to shine. We can get on a roll but it has to start with an "easy" game vs the Dolphins. The schedule is in our favour but that don't mean anything if we can't get our QB going, right? Our defense looks like it is taking big steps forward we just need to clean up a few things and we can be a hard team to beat. jmo

4. bobby

bobby Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2015
    Why aren't you talking about the browns. I think they can get rolling and be the team to beat in this division.i hope I'm wrong and they implode and OBJ goes off the deep end and starts acting like AB.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    We need Tuitts injury to not be serious or the defense takes a huge blow.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I do look ahead but if I've learned one thing watching the NFL, any given Sunday. (unless you are the NE Patriots)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Agreed. I liked Tyson but he's no Tuitt.

8. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    The Browns are still in the race as well no doubt. They have to play the Pats and Broncos back to back on the road after they come back from their bye in two weeks then their schedule gets fairly easier. Their final 8 games are the Bills, Dolphins, Steelers, Ravens and Bengals at home and they have road games at the Steelers, at Arizona and at the Bengals. So there is going to be opportunities for the Browns to win a lot of these games their problem is going to be they might be sitting here at 2-6 if they lose at New England and at Denver after their bye week which I think has a very very good chance of happening. So we’ll see how things play out but right now until the Browns prove otherwise the Ravens are the bigger threat in the division than them.

9. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    The answer is beat the Brownies twice.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  10. bobby

bobby Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2015
    In all honesty I dont believe any of these teams Have much of chance other than just make playoffs. I hope I'm wrong for the Steelers . I do believe they are transitioning for the future and it's a process and they seem to be on right track

11. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    God that Ravens schedule is brutal. Browns are definitely still in it they went on a run in the second half of last season and are probably a more talented team overall now.

The Steelers run of injuries is a huge worry, Tuitt was playing at a very high level and they need him back ASAP. Those pectoral injuries can be stubborn though so hopefully it’s not serious. The bye week came at a good time to help clear up some of these injuries.

12. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Win the rest of the division games, then go 8-2 the rest of the way, then you win the division at 10-6 :herewego!:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    12-4

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Colts Jets and Cardinals will be tougher than we hope for.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    The fact you posted this knowing Tuitts injury :roflmao:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The Ravens may come back to the Steelers a little, but I doubt Pittsburgh can take advantage. This team had issues to start with and the injuries have been devastating. The offense simply isn't very good without Roethlisberger. The defense has shown signs of improvement, but both corners have to recover from injuries and they just lost Tuitt for the season. That not only takes away their best defensive lineman, it leaves them extremely thin at the position.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Could Pittsburgh string out seven to nine wins?!?! Difficult to say for certain. Much of that is going to revolve around if Randy trusts Mason. That said, I believe they can... just a matter of how well the coaching does.

The game against Baltimore truly is shocking in more ways than one. Nevermind JuJus fumble. Why start out the game in the Wildcat, a pass by Jaylen Samuels no less, is something that will be used to continue to question Randy's abilities as to if he is capable or not.

If there is one aspect that I am truly in ABSOLUTE DISBELIEF in is how well Keith Butler has been coaching the defense. Like seriously though. Yes, the additions of Minkah and Devin Bush are essential but I did not expect Keith to actually coordinate the defense to assist the team into possible winning scenarios.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Tyson actually played well at first. In the second half things started to fall apart, of course coverage was crap with Burns, but the lack of depth on the line took its tole. We are gong to miss ST very much.

19. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  20. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I agree the Colts are a team that just get's it done each week. The Jets have a good defense and Bell will be ready to "show" us. The Cards just get better and better each week and Murray can throw and run which most of us know we have a problem with that. We did play well vs Jackson but now with Tuitt out that could be a problem.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    It would've been nice to play the Jets without Darnold, that probably could've been a easy win with their backup QBs.

22. chuckie_os

chuckie_os Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    If our Defense can play like it did in the first half of the LA game, then I think we can possibly get to 9-7.. But if not then we win a max 6 games..

23. brosonke

brosonke Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2018
    Great info JBALL. These next three weeks are crucial for me.

Steelers: Bye, Miami, Indy
    Ravens: Seattle, Bye, NE

Going 2-0 for the Steelers would put them in a good situation. It would put us at 4-4 at the halfway point, and the Ravens have a great opportunity to lose the next two games which would put them at 4-4 as well. The division is wide open, and so is the wild card. In terms of the wild card, beating teams like Indy, Cleveland, and Buffalo will be crucial to have the H2H on them.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  24. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Colts were never a cakewalk to begin with in my opinion. Indianapolis boasts one of the best Offensive Lines in football. Quenton Nelson is a future HOF in the making. This is not even accounting for the return of Darius Leonard.

The Jets will have C.J Mosley back at some point. When they do and, should Sam Darnold continue to play better, they will be an issue. That game was also another that I thought was going to be tough.

Arizona?!?! C'mon man. Contain Kyler and you win. Piece of cake.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Schedule looks to be in our favor over the next ten games at least over Baltimore , the Browns have some talent but the QB is terribly inconsistent Mayfield ranks 33rd out of 35 QB's that have played enough to be ranked.

Defense looks to be coming into its own but losing Tuitt for the rest of the season is a killer he was playing at a pro bowl level these first 6 weeks.
    We need Alualu and maybe Buggs to rotate and play lights out. Maybe try Hargrave at end and plug the middle with McCullers I mean we kept him around for something all these years. I think bringing back Walton is just insurance.

Running game and run blocking looked the best it has all year, Conner runs hard and makes catches but man does he take some hard shots.
    Snell might be who I hoped he would be, he looks like the kind of back that gets better with a heavy workload.

We still need someone to step up big time on offense either a WR or a big improvement in the use of the TE's.

I don't think we can continue to dink and dunk our way down the field all the time. Hodges looks accurate in the short throws and has shown he can move the ball but I think when Mason returns we need a few more shots down field or we will be facing 8 and 9 man fronts the rest of the way.

Either way it is a huge mountain to climb and maybe coach cliche can use some new quotes to inspire them, not sure if he has tried " Our backs are against the wall" or " We have to give 110 % ".

I should go easy on Tomlin because it sure was nice to see them start fast and look like they were ready to play right from the opening kick off for once.

• Like Like x 1