1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The QB I wanted Phil Jurkovec against Clemson tonight

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by SDOT, Oct 8, 2022.

1. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Future Big Ben

GMdot

2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Wrong forum

Unless you just wanted attention

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I guess SDOT hasn't watched him since his Pine-Richland days.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I think Tomlin reads my post his son a WR transferred to BC this year.

Phil dropped a dime on 3rd first drive and WR dropped it. He’s running for his life and kicker missing FGs.

5. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I think SteelersGlenn still has a few tissues left over. I think he stocks up extra large boxes after a Steelers loss on Sunday but the boxes are pretty much empty by Saturday nights. If the Steelers beat the Bills tomorrow I'm sure he will switch it back to pacifiers for all the Pessimists.

6. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Make all the excuses you like, but Jurkovec was not good tonight. He completed fewer than half of his attempts, 19 of 40, for only 188 yards, and BC managed only three points. I thought he was going to be special after his high school career at Pine-Richland and I wouldn't mind if the Steelers spent a third-day pick on him next year, but he has battled injuries and inconsistency his entire college career.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    I think Jurkovec is someone that would've benefitted greatly to a D-league. It's unfortunate one truly doesn't exist even if the XFL/USFL are things. Phil been set back by injuries, and I think he's better than what he's showing at BC.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    He has lost the edge, @P/Richland he was next best thing as sliced bread went to ND couldn't get on field.
    His arrow is not pointing up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I’ll be seeing Jurkevic in person vs. UCONN on 10/29.

Thus far my impression of him is: like the physical traits; Am underwhelmed by his actual play on the field. UCONN’s defense has minimal talent so if he has any juice he should be able to run roughshod.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    That is my impression of Jurkovec, too. He has great physical tools, but he just hasn't played well enough in college.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    He was someone I was interested in last year also....not so much now.

12. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    He has all the Physical tools. He has been injured, not sure this is the reason he hasn't progressed?

• Like Like x 1
  13. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    If you're arguement is that the kicker is missing FGs, then the problem is the QB isn't getting them into the endzone. That's not who you want running an NFL offense.

14. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    He is also just on a bad team. He has all the throws, but just isn't quite the whole package yet. There's a few times where I've been super impressed by individual plays/placements etc., but at the same time I think he's prone to some negative swings too. Hard to gauge sine I only really see him play when he is going against teams far superior to his own. He is someone that could look garbage as a rookie, but given a redshirt year could be a quality player in his second year starting. 2nd round pick in my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    Wow, not sure I have him pegged that high.

16. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I think he looks a lot better than, say, Mason Rudolph did coming out. He has a pretty high ceiling if he can get there... just inconsistent. He could drop into the 3rd and I wouldn't be mad about it. He has as many tools if not more so than someone like Brock Osweiler and he got drafted in the 3rd. Someone might end up really liking him.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You wouldn't be mad about him falling that far or you wouldn't be mad about the Steelers taking him there?

I just don't see them doing it. Either Pickett is their guy and they need to spend picks elsewhere to build around him or he isn't and they need to take one of the studs in the first round.

18. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    UCONN beat BC 13-3. Jurkovec was knocked out of the game with about 7 minutes left in the 3rd quarter on a designed run when he was hit at mid-thigh and flipped and landed head first. Certainly looked like a concussion. He has physical tools, but he looked like a mediocre QB today in person. High throws. Low throws. Holding the ball too long. He’ll probably either be drafted or signed as a UDFA because you can’t coach someone to be 6’5” with mobility and a strong arm, but he only looks the part physically. As a QB he was unimpressive as all hell.

His stat line today:
    12-19 for 155 yards, 0 TDs and 2 ints
    14 rushes for 29 yards

This is vs a UCONN team that gave up 48 to Syracuse, 59 to Michigan and 41 to NC State.

• Informative Informative x 2
  19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yeah I've given up on Him unless it was a low low draft pick.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Looks like he's regressed this year. I just wish he went into the draft last year. We don't draft Pickett and pick him up as UDFA. Honestly, would there be any difference in the two? Linderbaum and Phil would've been better than what we currently got.

21. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    So are you saying you think he would have had a better chance of making progress playing against NFL teams, with our offensive line (plus Linderbaum) and OC, than playing college football?

Come on man….

22. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    GMdot, dont question him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Let me fix that for you

gmdolt

24. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I’m saying the return and big picture. Mitch would probably still be in or Rudolph. Phil would be learning.

Honestly, would it be any worse than this current disaster? At least we’d have our center for the future. We could scratch that off the long need list moving forward. Now we need to find a center and potentially a QB in a few years with how this is currently going. Lineman, d-line, linebackers, DBs. It’s a long list.

25. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I liked him last season, he sure didn't help himself this season.

• Winner Winner x 1