1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Price for Wallace is going up

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelByDesign, Mar 15, 2012.

1. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    A Horse is a Horse .......NOT. You have a Plow,Quarter, thoroughbreed. A WR is also different. Wallace is what he is. He's an outside deep threat bottled up greased lightening. He was a one trick pony early on and has worked hard on being a better rte runner. He'll never be a great blocker. He's not a great jumper fighting for the ball type ( Randy moss-- Megatron ) either.

Wallace has good hands, not the best but good. Speed unquestioned and these two things make him dangerous. The Raiders would give him megatron money. We need to keep him BUT not break the bank on him.

We think Brown is the better WR but really their different, that's all. Brown is a weapon because he has very good hands and can make people miss and run after the catch. We do need them both along with Cotchery. Sanders,,,???- jury still out on him concerning a long term, deal. Let's see what he does this year returning kicks and getting a couiple looks per game @ WR.

I think the Price for Wallace may be going down. With no-one showing interest his price drops. 5yr 25-30 mil with 10-15 gauranteed. I could see the Steelers give him a 5 yr deal 35-45 mil with a max 15 mil gauranteed back loaded with incentives. The only way he approaches 50 mil contract is if he gets an offer from another team.

Cajun-

2. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    I agree Cajun but I think with Brown you see softer hands and more circus catches. Your right though Wallace is lightening fast and he is extremely dangerous when he gets seperation

Bman

3. noitall0605

noitall0605 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    Dont let having a great QB make you overpay for a WR.

4. hangaber

hangaber Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Johnson, Jackson and Jackson sign big contracts and the price for Wallace goes....up? Wouldn't it go... down, since there is less demand (fewer buyers). Wallace would have to cut his asking price to get a contract from a team with wishy-washy interest in WRs this year.

5. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    C'mon, every player and agent looks at what others in the market are getting when they look at contracts. And Wallace won't settle on a lower contract from the Steelers just b/c the market is drying up this season... He knows he can hang for a year and then get paid in a big way next offseason.

The good news is, even if we only have him one more year he should be highly motivated this season.